Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 805 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:07:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

I left the mk18 scene for new adventures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/2016-08-24%2018.45.35_zpsmjofuaoa.jpg

View Quote
Do both - I've got fingers in both pies

Ownage:

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Who does Type III other than US Anodizing? They've got a message on their homepage saying they aren't taking non-contract work at the moment. It was posted in early July, so I don't know how much longer that is in effect for. I sent them and email to see what they say, but I want to get some other options if they can't do it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Who does Type III other than US Anodizing? They've got a message on their homepage saying they aren't taking non-contract work at the moment. It was posted in early July, so I don't know how much longer that is in effect for. I sent them and email to see what they say, but I want to get some other options if they can't do it.
View Quote

A handful, but not a lot that will do low volume/1 offs.

PM me and I can probably find you a business that is cheaper than US Ano and specializes in anodizing
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#4]

PM me and I can probably find you a business that is cheaper than US Ano and specializes in anodizing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A few places I've found don't do the 1-piece jobs I'm finding.

Word. Coming at ya.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#5]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Without the spacer, Aimpoints are 1.181" above the rail. With the spacer, they are 1.535" above the rail. For reference, iron sights are 1.405" and LaRue lower 1/3 (for full size Aimpoints) is 1.725".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HAMMERF0RGED:
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Originally Posted By JJREA:
anyone know what the co-witness on the aimpoint M2 QRP mount w/ spacer is?

Supposedly it's inbetween absolute and lower 1/3.  I don't have a lower 1/3 mount to compare it to, but it's definitely higher than my ARMS #22 H and larue scope mount.  Not a whole lot though.  I could measure for you if you really want.  It would be a pretty rough measurement though.  I don't have calipers.
No need to measure I appreciate the info. That's how my qrp2 mount was on the pro, wasn't sure if it was the same as the qrp1.

Definitely lower than 1/3, the wilcox mount seems like a true 1/3 and the QRP seemed closer to an absolute IMO and that was with the spacer

Without the spacer, Aimpoints are 1.181" above the rail. With the spacer, they are 1.535" above the rail. For reference, iron sights are 1.405" and LaRue lower 1/3 (for full size Aimpoints) is 1.725".

Well now we've gone and just made this all confusing.  I think YOU are talking about the QRP2 mount without the spacer.  And with.  He wants to know about the QRP mount.  It doesn't have a spacer.  I'm curious myself now that if it really IS absolute.  I just assumed it was.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
QRP mounts have spacers, both in your pic have spacers. Pezboytate posted good info.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stinkypol] [#7]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
QRP mounts have spacers, both in your pic have spacers. Pezboytate posted good info.
View Quote

Edit for better pictures.

Mine, the best reference I have of the Wilcox and QRP side by side.
" />
" />
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the pics, the wilcox looks a little higher for sure. Ill just choose which BUIS after i get the M2. I would definitely want the lower 1/3 if i was using the LMT sight but i also would rather not spend extra money on a wilcox mount.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Word. Coming at ya.
View All Quotes

Word. Coming at ya.

Shot, over.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:31:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shalashaska] [#10]
View Quote

Hey let me know what they say if you don't mind.  Today I got a box, packing material, and was about to get a money order when I went to their page to get their address and saw that same notice.  I was hoping to send a box to them tomorrow (Friday) but I guess that probably won't happen now.

ETA: Nevermind, they updated that message with the current date.  Your email must have initiated the change, SS.  Guess I'll have to find an alternative or wait until USA starts taking orders again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:45:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By NotBob:
I talked to them today and they have more coming in Wednesday and Thursday
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

Originally Posted By 78Staff:

Phase has more 4 prongs.  Why can't WMX's just pop up like that?

What... Crap you mean I missed them again...arggh.

Yea, I would have scarfed up a 4P or two at that price.

A few back in stock... get em while you can!  Got mine finally woot :)

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

$299.99 is solid for a new 4P. There's also a guy on GB with a lightly used one for $250 as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:20:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#13]

View All Quotes

Doh!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Shalashaska:

Hey let me know what they say if you don't mind.  Today I got a box, packing material, and was about to get a money order when I went to their page to get their address and saw that same notice.  I was hoping to send a box to them tomorrow (Friday) but I guess that probably won't happen now.

ETA: Nevermind, they updated that message with the current date.  Your email must have initiated the change, SS.  Guess I'll have to find an alternative or wait until USA starts taking orders again.
View All Quotes

A to Z Metal Finishing here in San Diego has done a couple of my lowers. Great experience both times. Single lots both times
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:59:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#15]
View Quote

Holy schnikies I'm all messed up.  I'm sorry guys.  I can't even see the spacer on the QRP.  At least on the pic I posted.  Oh hang on, it's up on the ring? I think I see how it works now.  Sorry about that.  Aimpoint newb here.  LOL.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Holy schnikies I'm all messed up.  I'm sorry guys.  I can't even see the spacer on the QRP.  At least on the pic I posted.  Oh hang on, it's up on the ring? I think I see how it works now.  Sorry about that.  Aimpoint newb here.  LOL.
View All Quotes

Yeah, under the optic and over the lower ring on the QRP. You could use that spacer on the QRP2 if you really wanted to. The heights of the QRP, QRP2 and CompM4 mounts are the same.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Doh!
View All Quotes

Doh!

Yeah, for once being awake at 3am paid off lol...  Although they still show 5 avail now.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Yeah, under the optic and over the lower ring on the QRP. You could use that spacer on the QRP2 if you really wanted to. The heights of the QRP, QRP2 and CompM4 mounts are the same.
View All Quotes

I never noticed it until now.  LOL.  The block of circles on the QRP2 is so much more obvious.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

He told me to check back 1 OCT.

Dangerdan pointed me in another direction and they sound promising. I'm shooting (no pun intended) for some time this week to get it mailed off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Speaking of anodizing; Does anyone know a place where one could get a few parts anodized in tan?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

Speaking of anodizing; Does anyone know a place where one could get a few parts anodized in tan?
View Quote

Hahha. Trust me. You're better off painting them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Yeah this. The little bit of research I've done says it's going to be pretty expensive to ano a few small parts. Adding color to that is going to ramp it up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Got this together today. Couldn't wait to pick up a rear sight or optic so threw a spare micro 300 on so I can go try it out tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

So I've heard. Just wondering.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeah, for once being awake at 3am paid off lol...  Although they still show 5 avail now.

View All Quotes

Doh!

Got one myself!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Got one myself!
View All Quotes

Doh!

Got one myself!

I wonder where Phase 5 is getting them from.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Got this together today. Couldn't wait to pick up a rear sight or optic so threw a spare micro 300 on so I can go try it out tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/rnS7uDg.jpg
View Quote

Is that an HBAR under there?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

What you're seeing is the heatshield in the RAS.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:27:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#29]
Tried an ergo grip today. Don't really like it and will probably just go back to a bcm mod 3. Makes it a bit tougher for me to manipulate the safety. Looks badass though
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Its gov profile, chopped 6920 upper.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Very nice!  Always love the bare bones setup.  I keep one setup like that.

I have swapped out to an LMT rear and a G2S trigger.  I love shooting it.  So light and handy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

At the risk of sounding like an ass, you really shouldn't give advice about things you admittedly don't know much about.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By compuvette:

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr193/compuvette/dd681089827b5447ae93eaaa7a4f6417_zpsb3056629.jpg

I have swapped out to an LMT rear and a G2S trigger.  I love shooting it.  So light and handy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By compuvette:

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr193/compuvette/dd681089827b5447ae93eaaa7a4f6417_zpsb3056629.jpg

Looks really good. I just left the range and the gun shot great. Haven't used irons in a while, or a mil spec trigger so it was different to say the least. Gun shot great though, it might end up as my favorite rifle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Issued gun with Aimpoint Micro in Iraq.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

<a href="http://s578.photobucket.com/user/DeltaBF2s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_411.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/DeltaBF2s/Mobile%20Uploads/image_411.jpg</a>
View Quote

I cant tell but what mount is being used?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

<a href="http://s578.photobucket.com/user/DeltaBF2s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_411.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/DeltaBF2s/Mobile%20Uploads/image_411.jpg</a>

Looks like the factory LRP mount.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mikols:

At the risk of sounding like an ass, you really shouldn't give advice about things you admittedly don't know much about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mikols:

You are correct.  Insert foot in mouth.  I'm eating crow.

Proverbs 10:19
When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, But he who restrains his lips is wise.

I failed in this case.  I apologize.  I hope you all can forgive me.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

I was thinking that might be the case, but I didn't know they had heatshields.  Thanks for splaining that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#39]
I notice in most of the pics of operators in this thread they appear to have only 3 mags on their vest/chest rig. What is the standard load out for SF guys? I know if you look at the US Army "rifleman" kit for the FLC it holds like 10 or 12 mag iirc. So I was kinda surprised to see that most of the pics in this thread show guys carrying so few mags.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AASG:
I notice in most of the pics of operators in this thread they appear to have only 3 mags on their vest/chest rig. What is the standard load out for SF guys? I know if you look at the US Army "rifleman" kit for the FLC it holds like 10 or 12 mag iirc. So I was kinda surprised to see that most of the pics in this thread show guys carrying so few mags.
View Quote

Army standard loadout is 7 mags, 1 in the rifle and 6 on the web gear. SF it is whatever they want to carry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

You sure those mags you were/are seeing weren't doubled up?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:21:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#42]

View All Quotes

Doh!

Got one myself!

I'm also wondering if they are kits, ie come with shims and rockset like the retail product, etc or just a "hider in box"... Listing pic just shows the hider,, so that may be the case.  Guess I"ll find out Monday.

EDIT - description states "New, comes with flash hider pill washer and rocksett" - I assume pill means peel :).

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Have any issued M4 lowers ever had this forge mark? Trying to decide if I should knock it off before I send it off for ano or not. I don't remember seeing any during my time in, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be.

Close-up of Johns work

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Dangerdan pointed me in another direction and they sound promising. I'm shooting (no pun intended) for some time this week to get it mailed off.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the heads up.  Let us (me ) know how the other place goes.  If it turns out alright I'll bug you for the details; if not, I'll wait until October.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sbye:
A shot of the 5.56, 300 blk, and Sentinels.

<a href="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/sbye/media/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_23226-20160820_171937-11355791836_zpsimnamgcq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q576/sbye/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_23226-20160820_171937-11355791836_zpsimnamgcq.jpg</a>

Just need another PEQ
View Quote

How are the Sentinels? What's the FOV like?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Have any issued M4 lowers ever had this forge mark? Trying to decide if I should knock it off before I send it off for ano or not. I don't remember seeing any during my time in, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/7F22520D-DDFD-4B37-B440-E47DF0C6B4EA_zps005pxcgl.jpg

Close-up of Johns work

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/1612D843-DAB4-4129-A2CF-F4C7A79EA6D3_zpsu1fwtg9x.jpg
View Quote

I have yet to see a lower issued with any forge mark.  Especially ones from Cerro.  I have filed all mine off on my clones.  It's no biggie.  But if you're OCD like myself...it will bug the shit out of you!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

With respect to the currently ongoing major conflict (Afghanistan) back in the day, our theory was to go light...there was always a COP, VSP, etc. to which we could evade or somewhere we could hold until air support (lift) could get to us.  Now that that's no longer the case (no COPs and very little air) there's no where to run...we carry as much as we can.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By LongTrang:

I have yet to see a lower issued with any forge mark.  Especially ones from Cerro.  I have filed all mine off on my clones.  It's no biggie.  But if you're OCD like myself...it will bug the shit out of you!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LongTrang:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/7F22520D-DDFD-4B37-B440-E47DF0C6B4EA_zps005pxcgl.jpg

Close-up of Johns work

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/1612D843-DAB4-4129-A2CF-F4C7A79EA6D3_zpsu1fwtg9x.jpg

I hadn't either, but I've been out for a little over 3 years now so I just wanted to make sure. I'll file that little fucker off of there this week.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Zip tie everything.

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 805 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top