Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 156 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nope. Apparently it's the P226 pic thread again. I seem to remember this happening before....deja-vu?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:15:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Nope. Apparently it's the P226 pic thread again. I seem to remember this happening before....deja-vu?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Cleanse this thread with all your cloneworthy rigs.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:15:56 AM EDT
[#3]
How rare are gen I Sopmods in tan?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

I see a CQBR in every shot, what did I miss?

Oh, I know...a 1911

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:19:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

View All Quotes

Lol in the mk 18 thread? No. You know, you really should try to get over yourself though. I love confrontation in person, but you seem to love it on the internet. It's sort of mind boggling how 99 percent of your posts are either confrontational or argumentative.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By brodband8:

View Quote

If you review all the "real" pics in the three MK18/CQBR threads, tan SOPMODs (not the painted ones) are extremely rare in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

If you review all the "real" pics in the three MK18/CQBR threads, tan SOPMODs (not the painted ones) are extremely rare in the wild.
View All Quotes

Gotcha,  yeah I paint all mine but I scored a legit tan NIB gen I that I may use for another build.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I apologize if me inquiring about keeping this thread relevant to its subject topic comes off as argumentative or confrontational.

I'm also all for confrontation outside of the Internet as well.

Clone on tough guy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Gotcha,  yeah I paint all mine but I scored a legit tan NIB gen I that I may use for another build.
View All Quotes

Nice! Don't see too many of those like Pfran said. Hold onto that sucker.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:26:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1qsb28] [#10]

I've seen plenty of 10.5" government owned guns. So they're definitely legit as shit, I just don't know that they're technically considered mk 18's
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chenault:
Originally Posted By 1qsb28:
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

Looks good! I got my CQD mount direct and they shipped super fast!

My LMT 10.5 has bugged me soo much lately that I'm shipping it out tomorrow to be cut. I suppose I've gone full retard.

]

before you chop that thing...are you going for a .mil specific look or just to be within clone specs?  FYI the paramilitary group within a .gov agency has been purchasing and fielding that exact barrel in both block I and II configurations, along side HK416s, since 2009. (the employee gets the option between piston or DGI)...I dont know about the DODs barrels but some of their best people cross the road and carry that barrel (not to mention Black sopmods / black EXPS-3s )  all over the world wearing northface instead of AOR.  10.5 inch barrels are legit.

Yea. Besides, if you cut your 10.5 to 10.3 you're gonna lose like 3,000zorz fps, bro.
Dontcha know that's what all the 10.5 fans say.

Hey earlier today we saw a pic of a 10.5 in the wild so doesn't that make it "legit" huh huh...........I mean I just got another 10.3 but I really want two legit uppers...............hmmmm everyone's with me right

I've seen plenty of 10.5" government owned guns. So they're definitely legit as shit, I just don't know that they're technically considered mk 18's

Agreed, never seen Mk18 used officially outside the navy...but CQBR does appear throughout the groups training literature. (head of the M4 quall course is ex-Navy )
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Interesting, thanks! I wasn't aware of that.  I was shooting for the specific look. I also know the logic behind cutting a 10.5 to 10.3 is minimal at best, but it looks soo damn long to me. Now you have me second guessing... Kinda. The service has already been bought from ADCO and the tube has been boxed up. Not too damn late to abort, I guess
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
I'm still short a CQD mount and an NT4... and its a 10.5"... BUT other than that, hows it look? It has taken a couple of months to find the parts at good prices.

Waiting for my Form 1 to come back... I e-filed so I'm hoping it will be relatively soon.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7482/16015349109_e19dccdc0c_b.jpg

My LMT 10.5 has bugged me soo much lately that I'm shipping it out tomorrow to be cut. I suppose I've gone full retard.

]

before you chop that thing...are you going for a .mil specific look or just to be within clone specs?  FYI the paramilitary group within a .gov agency purchased and fielded that exact barrel in both block I and II configurations, along side HK416s, as far back as 2009. (the employee gets the option between piston or DGI)...I dont know about the DODs barrels but some of their best people cross the road and carry that barrel (not to mention Black sopmods / black EXPS-3s )  all over the world wearing northface instead of AOR.  10.5 inch barrels are legit.

Interesting, thanks! I wasn't aware of that.  I was shooting for the specific look. I also know the logic behind cutting a 10.5 to 10.3 is minimal at best, but it looks soo damn long to me. Now you have me second guessing... Kinda. The service has already been bought from ADCO and the tube has been boxed up. Not too damn late to abort, I guess

Your welcome...Just to make the decision harder, I might be able to get a picture of one in the next day or two
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I apologize if me inquiring about keeping this thread relevant to its subject topic comes off as argumentative or confrontational.

I'm also all for confrontation outside of the Internet as well.

Clone on tough guy.
View Quote

There aint nothin tough guy about it. Just be real. If you're gonna pretend you wanna step up it should be done in person, not behind a computer screen. If you don't want me to post in this thread that's too fuckin bad tho, I love the mark 18. It's one of my favorite weapons layouts known to man. therefore I will discuss the shit out of it in the mk 18 thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

The only one that comes to mind that I can recall seeing is this:

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:36:50 AM EDT
[#14]

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/EE433372-4FB4-4478-864A-28B705D73A94_zpsg6iuf426.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/EE433372-4FB4-4478-864A-28B705D73A94_zpsg6iuf426.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/EE433372-4FB4-4478-864A-28B705D73A94_zpsg6iuf426.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/EE433372-4FB4-4478-864A-28B705D73A94_zpsg6iuf426.jpg</a>

Fuckin' badass
How much did you pick yours up for?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:41:00 AM EDT
[#15]
So one or both of us should book a flight or hop in a car to meet in person for this discussion?

I'm puzzled how exactly that was your initial reaction and response to someone inquiring about keeping this thread on topic.

Please do continue to post away in here. Enjoy yourself by all means. I'll for the first time look into how the filter works on this site. It's a bit time consuming to try and stay current on a thread that can grow 5 pages every day majorily dominated by irrelevant posts from someone who doesn't even personally own the weapon systems being discussed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Gen. unknown on this one

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:45:38 AM EDT
[#17]
So one or both of us should book a flight or hop in a car to meet in person for this discussion?

I'm puzzled how exactly that was your initial reaction and response to someone inquiring about keeping this thread on topic.

Please do continue to post away in here. Enjoy yourself by all means. I'll for the first time look into how the filter works on this site. It's a bit time consuming to try and stay current on a thread that can grow 5 pages every day majorily dominated by irrelevant posts from someone who doesn't even personally own the weapon systems being discussed.
View Quote

I'm not gonna keep going back and forth with you over some high school drama level shit. Either block me or get over it. None of us own a mk 18. It's a fuckin clone thread/ discussion of the mk 18. Get over yourself.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Fuckin' badass
View Quote

More than I wanted to pay.  Still less than 200 though
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Fuckin' badass

Not bad. Thats about the going price for a brand new LMT and yours is definitely fairly rare. In the year 2045 when our kids are making retro block II clones that stock will be worth a fortune lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:55:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Your welcome...Just to make the decision harder, I might be able to get a picture of one in the next day or two
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
I'm still short a CQD mount and an NT4... and its a 10.5"... BUT other than that, hows it look? It has taken a couple of months to find the parts at good prices.

Waiting for my Form 1 to come back... I e-filed so I'm hoping it will be relatively soon.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7482/16015349109_e19dccdc0c_b.jpg

]

before you chop that thing...are you going for a .mil specific look or just to be within clone specs?  FYI the paramilitary group within a .gov agency purchased and fielded that exact barrel in both block I and II configurations, along side HK416s, as far back as 2009. (the employee gets the option between piston or DGI)...I dont know about the DODs barrels but some of their best people cross the road and carry that barrel (not to mention Black sopmods / black EXPS-3s )  all over the world wearing northface instead of AOR.  10.5 inch barrels are legit.

Please do. Although, I don't think it will soothe my barrel length crazies. F**k it.. I'm FOing. At least I'll probally be the only one with a cut back 10.5!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:40:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I think I may be the only person in here that likes the mod 0 just as much if not more than the block II. I'm tellin' ya......I got some weird fetish for FSB's
View Quote

It's a rare condition that I too suffer from. Got one and working on another.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By stinkypol:

View All Quotes
I think I may be the only person in here that likes the mod 0 just as much if not more than the block II. I'm tellin' ya......I got some weird fetish for FSB's

Hell yea
I think for me it's a combination of the nostalgia (if thats the right word) and just how fucking rugged/ old school FSB's are. I love the block II program just as much but If I had to pick one or the other, i'd have a rough fuckin time choosing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:01:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stinkypol] [#23]

Hell yea
I think for me it's a combination of the nostalgia (if thats the right word) and just how fucking rugged/ old school FSB's are. I love the block II program just as much but If I had to pick one or the other, i'd have a rough fuckin time choosing.
View All Quotes

Hell yea

Pretty much the same for me. I'd still take a Mod 0 style over a Block II
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:18:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Splittiebus66:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qpgrN3" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7498/16015855290_110a66d59b_b.jpg</a>WP_20141220_011 by splittiebus66, on Flickr
View Quote

God I love your fucking paint.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:32:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Just to give fellow cloners a heads up, my Insight Dual Switch, RMT-400-A8 in tan is up in the EE.

Picture thread:

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:00:26 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

I dunno, they seem fairly common to me, as common as any other stock.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Some cool looking Block IIs in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjrhlunr0Mo
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:33:00 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

You're not alone. The FSB is my preference. It also saves you from having to spend stupid money on a front sight.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

This was from around 2001. Part of Karzai's security detail. Most of these were taken around the time of the attack. If I recall correctly they're all Delta. Some of the first modern CQBRs to show up in pictures I think.

Same guy, this time with EOTech, PEQ-2 & Surefire:
http://i.imgur.com/NpHWqZu.jpg

Group shot:
http://i.imgur.com/3IvNyue.jpg

You are officially a badass when you carry grenades on your belt while wearing khakis:
http://i.imgur.com/tPVuIH6.jpg

This is one of my favorites because of the American dude with his CQBR and then the Afghan in the background with his Krink, 2 shorties from different worlds being used for the same purpose:
http://i.imgur.com/W8Ne3nq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sUWjP8k.jpg

Believe the guy in the suit is the same one in the khakis, so you know he's still got grenades hanging off his belt under that suit jacket haha. Also, I noticed a lot of these guys are running some kind of dual mag setup which makes sense since they're not wearing any mag carriers.
http://i.imgur.com/xBb0VOE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/REsEkeo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DjOfXlR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6mHmFkw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YSFVI9f.jpg

Another no-optic, just cut down handle:
http://i.imgur.com/3j8dymU.jpg

Another dual mag setup:
http://i.imgur.com/Wvexz8p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FTAncDz.jpg

Supressor attached:
http://i.imgur.com/mYRAbtH.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Originally Posted By ViktorVaughn:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Originally Posted By ViktorVaughn:
Where do y'all find the Aimpoint M2 for the Mod 0?  It seems to me to be discontinued. All I can find are M3, M4, Pro and ACU models. Thanks in advance.

I snagged mine up in the EE. Wilcox, Krylon and all

It lives on my CQBR though, as the 231 sucks ass

Dang so the secondary market is my only recourse? What is the acceptability of just using LMT rear site and no optic?

Uhhh... bad ass?

One of my all time favorite CQBR photos, although this appears to be a cut carry handle and not an LMT.
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq82/astrapat/0540f8f6304388a6bcf3207657e6ef69_zps56b164e9.jpg

This was from around 2001. Part of Karzai's security detail. Most of these were taken around the time of the attack. If I recall correctly they're all Delta. Some of the first modern CQBRs to show up in pictures I think.

Same guy, this time with EOTech, PEQ-2 & Surefire:
http://i.imgur.com/NpHWqZu.jpg

Group shot:
http://i.imgur.com/3IvNyue.jpg

You are officially a badass when you carry grenades on your belt while wearing khakis:
http://i.imgur.com/tPVuIH6.jpg

This is one of my favorites because of the American dude with his CQBR and then the Afghan in the background with his Krink, 2 shorties from different worlds being used for the same purpose:
http://i.imgur.com/W8Ne3nq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sUWjP8k.jpg

Believe the guy in the suit is the same one in the khakis, so you know he's still got grenades hanging off his belt under that suit jacket haha. Also, I noticed a lot of these guys are running some kind of dual mag setup which makes sense since they're not wearing any mag carriers.
http://i.imgur.com/xBb0VOE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/REsEkeo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DjOfXlR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6mHmFkw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YSFVI9f.jpg

Another no-optic, just cut down handle:
http://i.imgur.com/3j8dymU.jpg

Another dual mag setup:
http://i.imgur.com/Wvexz8p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FTAncDz.jpg

Supressor attached:
http://i.imgur.com/mYRAbtH.jpg

Pat 'fuckin Mcnamara.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:

You're not alone. The FSB is my preference. It also saves you from having to spend stupid money on a front sight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:

This is very true. The rail's cheaper too!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

They aren't as rare as you think. If you're basing fact soley by what you see in a pic thread on arcom then you will be mistaken. There are hundreds & hundreds more shooters, some with this stock but many without, out there with coyote tan SOPMODS that don't show up here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:06:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#33]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

They aren't as rare as you think. If you're basing fact soley by what you see in a pic thread on arcom then you will be mistaken. There are hundreds & hundreds more shooters, some with this stock but many without, out there with coyote tan SOPMODS that don't show up here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

Probably not the most difficult thing to find, but certainly not easy to come across in the gen I tan sopmods based on what I've seen.

I guess painting the black ones is the easiest method of making it any color other than black, which is what I was going for when I painted mine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#34]

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qpgrN3" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7498/16015855290_110a66d59b_b.jpg</a>WP_20141220_011 by splittiebus66, on Flickr
View Quote

Any idea how much you have into your build? I want to build one similar.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

pretty hard to come by, bought this factory direct about 10 years ago

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:55:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: markhateen] [#36]
Originally Posted By schaffer:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By schaffer:

Hmmm,

Colt lower     $400 ish. Mine was from a 6920 I registered        
Colt upper     $150
Colt BCG       from upper   $150
Colt Factory 10.3 barrel from SAW $530 delivered
Various Colt upper completion parts  $50 or so est.
Colt A1 grip     $5 bin at LGS
Colt H3 buffer  $40
Wilcox Aimpoint comp M mount   $100
Cut USGI carry handle   $25
Aimpoint PRO 2 moa  $ 325
Surefire 6P with Malkoff M61 upgrade/FM33  $120
Surefire M10 mount $30
KAC RAS  $ 100 with panels and grip
SWR Gen2 Specwar suppressor    $700 transferred/tax etc. ( Local class III)
Gen1 B5 Sopmod stock   $50
WWRGD sling retention band    $5
VCAS Sling   $50
CQD front mount $40

2X Tax stamps Form 1/Form4  $ 400

So $3220 give or take a few bucks. It can be done for less, I dropped alot of coin on that barrel and some small Colt parts in general. It runs fucking awesome though so it's all good.

Obviously I'm missing the KAC suppressor ( which I couldn't justify at this point in life ) and the PEQ 2 ( which is pointless at this point with the new civi LA5). And then there is the fun switch ( I'll address that later on right? ) :)

The gun is is based loosely on KD's 10.5 (10.3) Death Machine he posted a few years ago. Early Navy Specwar Mk18/CQBR etc. etc.

IMG_3969 by splittiebus66, on Flickr

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Rainy and cold night hunting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#38]
Don't remember if I posted this one or not, assembled this one in Astan couple months ago.  LMT BUIS was just thrown on but taking off later.

CD

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Probably not the most difficult thing to find, but certainly not easy to come across in the gen I tan sopmods based on what I've seen.

I guess painting the black ones is the easiest method of making it any color other than black, which is what I was going for when I painted mine.
View Quote

Gen. I taupe/tan SOPMODs are relatively rare on the commercial market, because IIRC, LMT only sold them for a year or two (don't quote me on the exact duration) before switching their commercial sales/production to the Gen. II or "Enhanced" SOPMOD.  

Meanwhile, military contracts were and are still fulfilled with Gen. Is.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:06:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cdfIII] [#40]
Nothing special about Gen 1 sopmods. LMT still sells them and always has. They are listed in my dealer catalog and I have ordered them as late as last month. Unless something has changed since then.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By cdfIII:
Nothing special about Gen 1 sopmods. LMT still sells them and always has. They are listed in my dealer catalog and I have ordered them as late as last month. Unless something has changed since then.
View Quote

We are talking commonality of TAN gen 1 SOPMOD's in the marketplace. Not just any gen 1. When I was shopping for my SOPMOD I didn't come across a single
Taupe gen 1 LMT. so I ended up going with a B5
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Cleaning a little bit. Lots of rounds this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#43]

We are talking commonality of TAN gen 1 SOPMOD's in the marketplace. Not just any gen 1. When I was shopping for my SOPMOD I didn't come across a single
View All Quotes

My bad.. Thought you guys were talking about if LMT still sold gen 1's to the public.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#44]

My bad.. Thought you guys were talking about if LMT still sold gen 1's to the public.
View All Quotes

S'all good
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a DD mk18 upper with about 300 rounds through it. Looking to trade it for a m4a1 block ii upper. Also have a LMT 10.5 upper with surefire, wilcox mount and aimpoint pro (same housing as Comp M2 but with 2moa dot not 4) for sale.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Ticklemylawls:
I have a DD mk18 upper with about 300 rounds through it. Looking to trade it for a m4a1 block ii upper. Also have a LMT 10.5 upper with surefire, wilcox mount and aimpoint pro (same housing as Comp M2 but with 2moa dot not 4) for sale.
View Quote

What are you lookin to get for the LMT?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Ticklemylawls:
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#48]
God damn this forum! So it begins... Found this gem today.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
God damn this forum! So it begins... Found this gem today.

<a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/user/zakk101abn/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9d19e9d3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9d19e9d3.jpg</a>
View Quote

Welcome. Enjoy the journey, prepare your wallet for an ass-raping.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7471/15572633504_be539eccba_b.jpg

Rainy and cold night hunting.
View Quote

Which Pelican case is this?
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 156 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top