Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 148 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Unless they changed how they mount since I was issued them, it just clamps to the rim of the helmet. No drilling required and you can adjust it fore and aft to accommodate your needs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Im sure there's somebody in here that owns a surefire helmet light, I have an MSA ACH (no rails) and I'm gonna pick up a surefire for it. Is there any way to mount it besides drilling a hole through the kevlar? I'd rather not do that if theres another way. Also, i'm pretty sure it would be covering up one of my IR squares on my USGI multicam cover. should I un-stitch the sqare and move it or? Any suggestions much appreciated

Unless they changed how they mount since I was issued them, it just clamps to the rim of the helmet. No drilling required and you can adjust it fore and aft to accommodate your needs.

Fuck yea. Thank you sir. My buddy told me his issued ACH  had a hole drilled through the kevlar for it, he's an idiot tho obviously. I already knew that part tho
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Correct. There's even a swing mount so you can have it so it's not hanging on the bottom of the helmet. Don't know what it's called or who makes it but we got them when we went to Afgayistan. Just thought I'd throw that out there since I broke two of the fuckers with the standard mount.
View All Quotes
Im sure there's somebody in here that owns a surefire helmet light, I have an MSA ACH (no rails) and I'm gonna pick up a surefire for it. Is there any way to mount it besides drilling a hole through the kevlar? I'd rather not do that if theres another way. Also, i'm pretty sure it would be covering up one of my IR squares on my USGI multicam cover. should I un-stitch the sqare and move it or? Any suggestions much appreciated

Correct. There's even a swing mount so you can have it so it's not hanging on the bottom of the helmet. Don't know what it's called or who makes it but we got them when we went to Afgayistan. Just thought I'd throw that out there since I broke two of the fuckers with the standard mount.

Definitely gonna look into that as long as its an improvement lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

I got a couple of those with my last couple issues. They weave into MOLLE so you could have the light on your chest and they had magnets imbedded into them too. I never used them much, I preferred a good Princeton headlamp.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]

I got a couple of those with my last couple issues. They weave into MOLLE so you could have the light on your chest and they had magnets imbedded into them too. I never used them much, I preferred a good Princeton headlamp.
View All Quotes

So does it improve anything being on the ACH itself or only for mounting elsewhere? Cause this light is strictly staying on the ACH for me since i'm not in a combat zone, until ISIS invades
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]

So does it improve anything being on the ACH itself or only for mounting elsewhere? Cause this light is strictly staying on the ACH for me since i'm not in a combat zone, until ISIS invades
View All Quotes

No, that extra mount thing is only for attaching it to your plate carrier/chest rig. Or to something made of steel (interior of most MRAPs)
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
The swing mount allows us lefties to mount it on the other side of the helmet so it doesn't interfere with the stock.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell: No, that extra mount thing is only for attaching it to your plate carrier/chest rig. Or to something made of steel (interior of most MRAPs)
View Quote

Gotcha. Don't think I need that then. I'll have a WML, HML, and a hand light in my camelback and interceptor so I think i'll be good to go
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BOONEA:
The swing mount allows us lefties to mount it on the other side of the helmet so it doesn't interfere with the stock.
View Quote

Never got issued one with a swing mount, but as a lefty mine never bothered me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't really care who's holding them, I think the Block I M4 shorties with Block II accessories awesome.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool pictures.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boneislandphoto] [#11]
How am I doing so far on this Block II CQBR?

</a>" />

UPPER:
Colt M4 upper receiver
Colt 14.5" M4 barrel cut to exactly 10.3" by ADCO
Daniel Defense MK12 gas block
Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II rail in FDE
KAC NT4 flash hider with KAC shims
KAC taupe front sight
KAC 300m rear sight (non-Micro)
Eotech 553 in FDE
All-Colt FA BCG
Insight Technologies light M3x in tan
PRI Gas Buster charging handle with Military ("hotdog") latch
CQD front sling mount

Lower: (This one is currently attached to a 16" upper as the stamp has not yet come back on it, but I have other stamped lowers here as well as a couple of "pistol" lowers so I'm good)
</a>" />

Colt M4LE (small FCG pins) lower
All-Colt LPK
Garmin ForeTrex 101 GPS
Colt A2 grip
LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD
Colt 4-position buffer tube
Colt H buffer w Colt standard buffer spring

What am I missing? The only thing out of spec is the lack of a "happy switch" (which is never going to happen) and the gas tube and castle nut are not "Colt" per se.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Still need a wmx200 or m3x......
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:31:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#13]
Originally Posted By boneislandphoto:

http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/Upper.jpg</a>" />

UPPER:
Colt M4 upper receiver
KAC taupe front sight
Eotech 553 in FDE
All-Colt FA BCG
CQD front sling mount

Lower: (This one is currently attached to a 16" upper as the stamp has not yet come back on it, but I have other stamped lowers here as well as a couple of "pistol" lowers so I'm good)
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/Lower.jpg</a>" />

Colt M4LE (small FCG pin) lower
All-Colt LPK
Garmin ForeTrex 101 GPS
Colt A2 grip
LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD

What am I missing? The only thing out of spec is the lack of a "happy switch" (which is never going to happen) and the gas tube and castle nut are not "Colt" per se.
View Quote

NT4/Dual Switch/PEQ-15(C).
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:33:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#14]

http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/Upper.jpg</a>" />
UPPER:

Colt M4 upper receiver

KAC taupe front sight

Eotech 553 in FDE

All-Colt FA BCG

CQD front sling mount

http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/Lower.jpg</a>" />

All-Colt LPK

Garmin ForeTrex 101 GPS

Colt A2 grip

LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD

View Quote

I'd call that a great start. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, you might want to pick up a KAC NT4 FH, and a teardrop forward assist (not a requirement, but there are a good number of them out in the wild). Also, consider upgrading the extractor bits and pieces (per NSW documentation - Page 12).

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

View All Quotes

UPPER:
Colt M4 upper receiver
KAC taupe front sight
Eotech 553 in FDE
All-Colt FA BCG
CQD front sling mount

All-Colt LPK
Garmin ForeTrex 101 GPS
Colt A2 grip
LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD

EC you and Jeff are REALLY going to piss off my wife. You two are the reason I've been talked into building this thing and building it so close to spec but yeah, I may have to finally jump into that night vision that I'll never use... but hey...
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By PFran42:

I'd call that a great start. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, you might want to pick up a KAC NT4 FH, and a teardrop forward assist (not a requirement, but there are a good number of them out in the wild). Also, consider upgrading the extractor bits and pieces (per NSW documentation - Page 12).
View Quote

Looks to me like his barrel is already wearing an NT4.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Fuck yea. Thank you sir. My buddy told me his issued ACH  had a hole drilled through the kevlar for it, he's an idiot tho obviously. I already knew that part tho
View All Quotes

If this is the light your talking about, it just clips to your ACH

This is the molle vest clip

This one is brand new and for sale in the EE if your looking for one,
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Msanders2:

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Robert6259/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0806_zpsfbll23qy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/Robert6259/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0806_zpsfbll23qy.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Robert6259/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0805_zpsc9pcyovg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/Robert6259/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0805_zpsc9pcyovg.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Msanders2:

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Robert6259/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0806_zpsfbll23qy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/Robert6259/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0806_zpsfbll23qy.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Robert6259/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0805_zpsc9pcyovg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/Robert6259/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0805_zpsc9pcyovg.jpg</a>

Yep thats the one. How much are they asking?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Thunder79:

Thank you for the follow up! I'm installing a Govnah this week and will try it out this weekend. Based on your results, I think I'll bring an "H" buffer just in case. I'll be watching for your results.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:
getting closer.......swapped out the DD upper receiver for a Colt, and got the Socom mounted. I machined an adjustable gas block, similer to a Govnah, with .048 and .070 ports. Tried it out Christmas day and the H2 buffer is too heavy. Swapped it out for an H and need to try it again.
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/T00lmanii/PC286503_zps053db6b1.jpg

What happened with the "H" buffer? Still too heavy? What setting on the gas block did you use? Were you running the can?

Thunder, I haven't shot it yet with the "H". Christmas day I was shooting Federal .223 bulk, not 5.56, with the H2 buffer I have plenty of 193, but did not have it with me that day. With the Socom Rc on, it would not lock open on the last round with the port set on .048.  I was also having some trouble with the KAC 2 stage trigger, so I did not do a whole lot of shooting with the CQBR.
   Weather permitting, I will have it out tommorrow or Tuesday. I will take both .223 and 5.56 and test with and without the suppressor, on both port settings. I'll report back with the results.

Thank you for the follow up! I'm installing a Govnah this week and will try it out this weekend. Based on your results, I think I'll bring an "H" buffer just in case. I'll be watching for your results.

Thunder.......shot it today, suppressed, with 5.56 and .223, with the "H" buffer. I had to drop down to a std. carbine buffer for it to lock back on an empty mag.  With the "H" everything was good EXCEPT it didn't lock back.  This was with it set on the .048 port. Very little difference in ejection pattern between "H" and "std"....not enough to say the empties were landing in a different spot, only difference being that it locked back on an empty mag with the STD. buffer.  I did not shoot any unsuppressed.  Take note that mine might bleed more than a factory Govnah, which may be the reason I had to drop all the way to a standard weight buffer.  
   It's smooth as silk though set on .048    Cases eject to 4:30-5.00 o'clock.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Thunder.......shot it today, suppressed, with 5.56 and .223, with the "H" buffer. I had to drop down to a std. carbine buffer for it to lock back on an empty mag.  With the "H" everything was good EXCEPT it didn't lock back.  This was with it set on the .048 port. Very little difference in ejection pattern between "H" and "std"....not enough to say the empties were landing in a different spot, only difference being that it locked back on an empty mag with the STD. buffer.  I did not shoot any unsuppressed.  Take note that mine might bleed more than a factory Govnah, which may be the reason I had to drop all the way to a standard weight buffer.  
View All Quotes
getting closer.......swapped out the DD upper receiver for a Colt, and got the Socom mounted. I machined an adjustable gas block, similer to a Govnah, with .048 and .070 ports. Tried it out Christmas day and the H2 buffer is too heavy. Swapped it out for an H and need to try it again.

What happened with the "H" buffer? Still too heavy? What setting on the gas block did you use? Were you running the can?

Thunder, I haven't shot it yet with the "H". Christmas day I was shooting Federal .223 bulk, not 5.56, with the H2 buffer I have plenty of 193, but did not have it with me that day. With the Socom Rc on, it would not lock open on the last round with the port set on .048.  I was also having some trouble with the KAC 2 stage trigger, so I did not do a whole lot of shooting with the CQBR.
   Weather permitting, I will have it out tommorrow or Tuesday. I will take both .223 and 5.56 and test with and without the suppressor, on both port settings. I'll report back with the results.

You may have a slight gas leak somewhere from the block to the carrier key, or gas block and barrel ports only partially aligned since you had to drop all the way down to a standard buffer. But as long as it locks back and functions right, fuck it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Milspec............yes, I do have a gas leak. I machined an adjustable gas block, very similer to the Govnah adj. block that is available. It has a slide plate between the barrel gas port and the gas tube "port". By design, it has to be a loose enough fit to allow the slide to slide back and forth, thus the gas leak. I don't know the tolerance between the slide and the block on the Govnah, but mine DOES bleed some gas. I've seen regular gas blcoks and gas tubes leak some gas, even when they are a very snug fit, so it is no surprise that my adjustable model leaks.
     I did notice when I got home and cleaned mine today that the "snubber" on the end of the buffer had come apart. It must be a junky buffer because the snubber was not made from Urethane like the Colt buffers have. I also now notice that the buffer does not have internal weights that slide a small amount. I pulled the buffer out of another SP1 carbine I have............all Colt............and the buffer has the weights in it that slide. I'll have to drop that buffer in the CQBR and make another trip to the range tommorrow to see if it functions differently with proper buffer.
  Also, you did notice that I say I am running a .048 gas port?  If I run the .070 gas port the carbine functions flawlessly with either 5.56 or .223 and with or without the can. With the can on, and the gas block set on .048 port, that is when it needs the std buffer weight to lock open on an empty mag.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#22]

Milspec............yes, I do have a gas leak. I machined an adjustable gas block, very similer to the Govnah adj. block that is available. It has a slide plate between the barrel gas port and the gas tube "port". By design, it has to be a loose enough fit to allow the slide to slide back and forth, thus the gas leak. I don't know the tolerance between the slide and the block on the Govnah, but mine DOES bleed some gas. I've seen regular gas blcoks and gas tubes leak some gas, even when they are a very snug fit, so it is no surprise that my adjustable model leaks.
     I did notice when I got home and cleaned mine today that the "snubber" on the end of the buffer had come apart. It must be a junky buffer because the snubber was not made from Urethane like the Colt buffers have. I also now notice that the buffer does not have internal weights that slide a small amount. I pulled the buffer out of another SP1 carbine I have............all Colt............and the buffer has the weights in it that slide. I'll have to drop that buffer in the CQBR and make another trip to the range tommorrow to see if it functions differently with proper buffer.
  Also, you did notice that I say I am running a .048 gas port?  If I run the .070 gas port the carbine functions flawlessly with either 5.56 or .223 and with or without the can. With the can on, and the gas block set on .048 port, that is when it needs the std buffer weight to lock open on an empty mag.
View Quote

As for the buffer's bumper I think I probably know what the deali-o is. Through a trade I ended up with a carbine buffer that seemed to have a "harder/more brittle bumper on it. I think they're ebay-ish buffers. The thing fucking shattered when I threw it in a lower attatched to a BCM upper (overgassed from the factory) so i've been buying buffers from BCM ever since. The Colt buffer should be good to go too tho.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By asmig:

Correct, the part number for M4A1 would be the most common

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7562/16123962585_d1daaff941_o.jpg

Also Augee has the Colt CAGE number pictured. I do not know why the CAGE used in this picture is for the Army tank command
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By asmig:
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

Anybody know which is the appropriate one for the CQBR?  The M4A1 one?

Correct, the part number for M4A1 would be the most common

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7562/16123962585_d1daaff941_o.jpg

Also Augee has the Colt CAGE number pictured. I do not know why the CAGE used in this picture is for the Army tank command

The artwork is free for all to use - I've thought about and explored many different options WRT getting them printed, both as vinyl stickers or actual MIL-STD compliant tags, but was never able to finish it up, but anyone who wants to is more than welcome to use the artwork to do so.  

The rectangular IUID graphic actually needs to be revised in the near future - at the time I was working with a composite of the square IUIDs, and other rectangular IUIDs found on M240B/Ls, etc. to generate the IUID graphic, as I did not have any good photographs or images of the rectangular IUID.  

The size of the data matrix relative to the text has to be tweaked slightly, as well as changing "MFR" to "CAGE."  

Also, FNMI M4 and M4A1s should probably be added as well.  

I'm guessing that older M4A1s that have been through TI and/or rebuild probably come out with TACOM IUIDs when they get them installed.  The P/N and S/N are the important pieces of information as far as the military supply system is concerned, the OEM MFR of the base component is largely irrelevant because it should all be "MIL-SPEC."  Factory new examples may or may not come with actual manufacturer's CAGEs on there - the square IUIDs are based on actual USGI M4 Carbine IUIDs, which did have Colt CAGEs in the MFR line.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#24]
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8651/15364897584_2c9df489c6_b.jpg

Packing for week long shoot.
View Quote

This is just a beautiful image...

Love the ANVIS.

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#25]
H

View All Quotes

Thank you for the follow up, I really appreciate it! Can't wait to try mine, I hope it's worth the added perceived weight. It might just be me, but when I pulled out of the packaging tonight, it seemed pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Thank you for the follow up, I really appreciate it! Can't wait to try mine, I hope it's worth the added perceived weight. It might just be me, but when I pulled out of the packaging tonight, it seemed pretty heavy.

on the weight......mine went on at the same time as the can so it was so much heavier that couldn't tell what was what. I take the can off and I can't say that it is noticably heavier.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Going to Capitol armory to pick up my surefire rc tomorrow!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
Going to Capitol armory to pick up my surefire rc tomorrow!!
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:04:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: reverse_edge] [#30]

Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

I don't really care who's holding them, I think the Block I M4 shorties with Block II accessories awesome.
View Quote

Do you know the backstory here? Navy it seems, but women? And is that CADPAT mixed in with AOR?

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By htomeheb:

Do you know the backstory here? Navy it seems, but women? And is that CADPAT mixed in with AOR?

View All Quotes

Canadians.  There's a picture missing that has a shoulder patch.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Who make a barrel nut wrench to fit DD MK18 RISII & M4A1 Rail that can be Reused over  and over and over and Not wear out like DD Soft steel sorry wrench?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#33]

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j337/ert185/289DE97E-58C8-4C6F-86C4-DCA469202EE4-29537-000005056C40B467.jpg
View All Quotes

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j337/ert185/289DE97E-58C8-4C6F-86C4-DCA469202EE4-29537-000005056C40B467.jpg

AZ license plate on the jeep. Any info on where they were training?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:34:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By gaston4:
View All Quotes

That's a Durango, but I'm interested in that question as well.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

Eh, all Fiat-owned Mopar in my opinion But good eye, I thought it was a new Cherokee or something
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#36]
An interesting CQBR

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
Who make a barrel nut wrench to fit DD MK18 RISII & M4A1 Rail that can be Reused over  and over and over and Not wear out like DD Soft steel sorry wrench?
View Quote

I just stuck my DD wrench side ways into a vise and clamped down on it a few times to close it back up.  Just like new!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#38]
Got some better (at least IMO) pictures of my SOPMOD kit and the CQBR with the X300U.  I've been trying to get my lighting figured out for indoor pictures but I still have a lot of tweaking to do.  This photography thing isn't easy.  

And lastly, my SOPMOD clone family.  The CQBSS will be making it's way over onto my upcoming .308 AR build and a TA01NSN will be going on the Phased Replacement clone.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:48:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#39]
An interesting CQBR
View Quote

He's a member here.

Edit: Stupid long URL.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#40]

He's a member here.
View All Quotes

Dude needs to post his blaster more
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:53:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#41]

View All Quotes
An interesting CQBR

He's a member here.

He has.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:
Got some better (at least IMO) pictures of my SOPMOD kit and the CQBR with the X300U.  I've been trying to get my lighting figured out for indoor pictures but I still have a lot of tweaking to do.  This photography thing isn't easy.  

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7560/15956548958_227c90dd1e_b.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7468/15956671520_0e2e8b2cab_b.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7560/15956523928_6e39975710_b.jpg

And lastly, my SOPMOD clone family.  The CQBSS will be making it's way over onto my upcoming .308 AR build and a TA01NSN will be going on the Phased Replacement clone.  

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7469/15956669120_c8064194a6_b.jpg
View Quote

Awesome set up. I'm working on a M4A1 upper for mine. Then a Holland.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:

View Quote

Maybe this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/amashotop-AR-15-Armorer-Combo-Wrench-M4-M16-KAC-URX-DD-RIS-II-ASP0001-/131221693626

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:01:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thunder79] [#46]
Looking for some quick advice. I just got a Govnah and it comes with 2 different plates. .070/.049/.082 and .073/.052/.082. I typically run 55 gr 5.56 at the range and occasionally run M855. Should I play it safe and install the slightly larger plate, or do you guys think I am good-to-go with the one that's "to spec"? I don't want to mess around with trial and error if I don't have to. Thanks in advance!

ETA: Will the SOCOM RC create enough pressure to run it on .049?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:28:46 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Since when do the Canadians cross train with Richard Driver?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#48]
What sling is this?

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:
What sling is this?

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/Upper.jpg
View Quote

CQD sling.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 148 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top