Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 147 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

They're combat camera, not SF. They're kind of like civil affairs, "hey look, we're special too! Look, look!" But door kicking knuckledraggers they are not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Originally Posted By SpaceRanger:
lol they are both holding the mag area not good form.

Simmer down there buddy. Those 2 right there would lodge a steel penetrator through your dome before you were even aware of the their presence. Let's not talk shit about the experts in their field.

They're combat camera, not SF. They're kind of like civil affairs, "hey look, we're special too! Look, look!" But door kicking knuckledraggers they are not.

they do take pictures of doorkicking knuckledraggers though.  

(worked with a few combat camera guys on afg trip #2.  good dudes.)
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

Did I say to leave? Have you been kicked out?

All I said is to read more, post less.

Again, what is your experience in that you can judge what others are doing?
View All Quotes

And your experience is what exactly?

Perhaps reading more and posting less is the route you should consider taking.

I apologize. I didn't know there was a post limit.  I am trying to learn all I can as fast as I can.  I did not mean to upset you.  I thought this was a discussion and pic thread?  just trying to have fun and learn. I guess I'll go else where.

Did I say to leave? Have you been kicked out?

All I said is to read more, post less.

Again, what is your experience in that you can judge what others are doing?

SpaceRanger.... the reason that guy is holding the magwell is all the shit on the rail.  When you are running lights/lasers on that small 7" carbine rail, it can be kind of a bitch gripping the rifle up there so you end up either reverting to a magwell grip or VG w/ the "beer can" style grip.  That pic seems a bit posed obviously but it isn't uncommon to see grips like in more serious situations.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

Simmer down there buddy. Those 2 right there would lodge a steel penetrator through your dome before you were even aware of the their presence. Let's not talk shit about the experts in their field.

LOL I did not pick up on that shoulder patch til you just pointed it out.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Meh. I didn't see the patch. But still close enough to get my point across
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Yes it do.  

I'm sure I've posted this before, but since this page seems to be full of Space Cadets , here's a pic of a random mock-up I did.  Ergo grip replaced the A2, and the X300 is currently on my bedside gun till the cqbr gets finished (no barrel in that photo, and no stamp application in yet cause i'm lazy, but it'll be a DD tube with adjustable gas).

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/oFztoH" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3878/14887723081_c78339500a_o.jpg</a>
IMG_1259 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
View All Quotes

MILSPEC, yeah I followed the shenanigans.  Ridiculous buncha crap for L3 to pull, but whatever.  I got it for the fact it *HAD* been there/done that, and didn't want a new one.  I think it'll look great once the mk18 is all painted up.  

Agreed man I wanted one but got there just barely too late. Those 553's are sexy tho. Does yours still have the rack number on it?

Yes it do.  

I'm sure I've posted this before, but since this page seems to be full of Space Cadets , here's a pic of a random mock-up I did.  Ergo grip replaced the A2, and the X300 is currently on my bedside gun till the cqbr gets finished (no barrel in that photo, and no stamp application in yet cause i'm lazy, but it'll be a DD tube with adjustable gas).

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/oFztoH" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3878/14887723081_c78339500a_o.jpg</a>

So jealous of the color of that rail. Mine is so dark. I plan to paint the rifle after the rest of the parts arrive/approve.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Packing for week long shoot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]

But they are trained and are members of the military, which is more than the guy commenting on how they are doing things.
View All Quotes

But they are trained and are members of the military, which is more than the guy commenting on how they are doing things.

I a few friends that are "trained" members of the military and the way they use a rifle will make you .  I don't think basic training really does the job when it comes to making proficient shooters.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

For sure there are some good dudes, but as a photojournalist myself, the only thing "special" about them is having the word combat in their job title. Public Affairs photojournalists do much the same thing, to include combat photography, but the two fall under different orgs, ie VI vs IO.

Sorry for the thread hijack, combat cam just always evokes a chuckle. Knowing a couple of them myself, I can assure you they spend as much time with their hair as SEALs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#9]
Originally Posted By Movistar:

So jealous of the color of that rail. Mine is so dark. I plan to paint the rifle after the rest of the parts arrive/approve.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Movistar:

MILSPEC, yeah I followed the shenanigans.  Ridiculous buncha crap for L3 to pull, but whatever.  I got it for the fact it *HAD* been there/done that, and didn't want a new one.  I think it'll look great once the mk18 is all painted up.  

Agreed man I wanted one but got there just barely too late. Those 553's are sexy tho. Does yours still have the rack number on it?

Yes it do.  

If there is ever a CQBR question, paint is the answer.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]

For sure there are some good dudes, but as a photojournalist myself, the only thing "special" about them is having the word combat in their job title. Public Affairs photojournalists do much the same thing, to include combat photography, but the two fall under different orgs, ie VI vs IO.

Sorry for the thread hijack, combat cam just always evokes a chuckle. Knowing a couple of them myself, I can assure you they spend as much time with their hair as SEALs.
View All Quotes

Horseshit.....we had seals on our camp too, and they hogged the shower cadillac for DAYS.  

Thanks for the love on the build so far folks; the rail is actually cerakoted cause it was originally black.  Got it off the EE for a very happy price, and since I had every intention of painting my rifle anyway, I really didn't care if it was the "proper" FDE from the manufacturer.  However, i'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't paint it.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8651/15364897584_2c9df489c6_b.jpg

View Quote

You post the third hole just to make me jealous don't you?
But I digress. Whatever that means
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Thunder

You think the clips or QD sling attachment method is a better set up?

I see you are running the clips in your pic but thought I'd ask.
View Quote

I have QD on another rifle and I don't care for it. I bought a second set of CQD mounts, HK hooks, and a VTAC for my friend for Christmas; however, I was extremely tempted to keep 'me for myself. It paid off, because he gave me the money to get a Govnah to tame the DD barrel (only non-clone piece).
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

What NOD is that?

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:09:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#14]
ETA- looks like they're 25V's for Army. Definitely not even close to 11 series but probably better warfighters than most POG MOS's

ETA some more- looks like 4600 for Marines comcam.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AR15USA:

What NOD is that?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR15USA:

What NOD is that?

Anvis 9
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I don't know everything and I've been out for over a decade, but there isn't anything that high speed about these guys. And since it started a mini shit storm, I would like to add that the magwell, while not unheard of, is the least effective grip. I'm sure they were just posing with whatever they thought looked cool. We've all done it. My best friend still poses with a one handed carbine in the air like it's the 80's. And before everyone attacks me too, i wasn't a super stealth ninja assassin; however, I had an elite job in the USAF (I know that doesn't mean much in these threads) and I spent a few years on and off assigned to the JSOTF during OSW before I got hurt.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Thunder79:

I don't know everything and I've been out for over a decade, but there isn't anything that high speed about these guys. And since it started a mini shit storm, I would like to add that the magwell, while not unheard of, is the least effective grip. I'm sure they were just posing with whatever they thought looked cool. We've all done it. My best friend still poses with a one handed carbine in the air like it's the 80's. And before everyone attacks me too, i wasn't a super stealth ninja assassin; however, I had an elite job in the USAF (I know that doesn't mean much in these threads) and I spent a few years on and off assigned to the JSOTF during OSW before I got hurt.
View Quote

The one handed muzzle up carbine pose will never die. I do it all the time at my range just to scare people. Kidding on the scare people part, but it is a habit I have to catch myself doing because it actually does scare people around here for some reason. Even though the muzzle is in a safe direction, weapon cleared and safe and finger off the trigger. Some fat guy wearing a navy hat got all butthurt over it so I told him to fuck himself since he was cross firing through my line of fire anyways. (He was on my right, his target was to my left) that range is a joke but it is cool not having a range master.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#18]

The one handed muzzle up carbine pose will never die. I do it all the time at my range just to scare people. Kidding on the scare people part, but it is a habit I have to catch myself doing because it actually does scare people around here for some reason. Even though the muzzle is in a safe direction, weapon cleared and safe and finger off the trigger. Some fat guy wearing a navy hat got all butthurt over it so I told him to fuck himself since he was cross firing through my line of fire anyways. (He was on my right, his target was to my left) that range is a joke but it is cool not having a range master.
View All Quotes

Nice!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#19]

CQBR or HK416?  Also is that an M6X or Streamlight TLR?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:
http://i.imgur.com/6vLDiPy.jpg

View Quote

M6X. I have one, they're okay, kinda dated.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Nice!
View All Quotes

Nice!

I left out the best part. He referred to himself as a "safety ranger" to his son. I said you mean rangemaster? And he got even even more butthurt. He started bitching all I saw was spit flying and lips moving, continued to do a mag dump while he was bitching at me. My buddy about pissed his pants laughing
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

416. Guy in the back might have a CQBR.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#23]

I left out the best part. He referred to himself as a "safety ranger" to his son. I said you mean rangemaster? And he got even even more butthurt. He started bitching all I saw was spit flying and lips moving, continued to do a mag dump while he was bitching at me. My buddy about pissed his pants laughing
View All Quotes

Nice!

I almost pissed my pants reading this! This is why I prefer open desert/BLM shooting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#24]

I almost pissed my pants reading this! This is why I prefer open desert/BLM shooting.
View All Quotes

Nice!

Me too bro. I'd rather make my own range with a couple buddys, the general shooters around here let their 5 year olds run around with 44 magnums, always got somethin to cry about or are firing 458 SOCOM's at the 10 yard pistol targets. Im definitrly the type of dude that either needs his own range or one owned by my buddys
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#25]
getting closer.......swapped out the DD upper receiver for a Colt, and got the Socom mounted. I machined an adjustable gas block, similer to a Govnah, with .048 and .070 ports. Tried it out Christmas day and the H2 buffer is too heavy. Swapped it out for an H and need to try it again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Which two Pelicans are those?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

View All Quotes

1600 on the bottom and a 15XX on top. I carry photog stuff in the black one. And the nods.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#28]

1600 on the bottom and a 15XX on top. I carry photog stuff in the black one. And the nods.
View All Quotes

Looks like you could smuggle a couple midgets in those things. For range trips I dont bring enough gear to need one but for the longer trips like you're getting ready for, I should probably pick one up. Do you remember how much the 1600 was?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Looks like you could smuggle a couple midgets in those things. For range trips I dont bring enough gear to need one but for the longer trips like you're getting ready for, I should probably pick one up. Do you remember how much the 1600 was?
View All Quotes

I got a couple 1650's for free.  Storm 2750's too.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I think like $160 or so. I bought the 1600 on Amazon. But craigslist is helpful for Pelicans and hardigg cases.

I'll post pictures of the 1600 packed when I fly around Tuesday.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#31]
getting closer.......swapped out the DD upper receiver for a Colt, and got the Socom mounted. I machined an adjustable gas block, similer to a Govnah, with .048 and .070 ports. Tried it out Christmas day and the H2 buffer is too heavy. Swapped it out for an H and need to try it again.
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/T00lmanii/PC286503_zps053db6b1.jpg
View Quote

What happened with the "H" buffer? Still too heavy? What setting on the gas block did you use? Were you running the can?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#32]

View All Quotes

Thats whats up! The 1650 looks perfect for what i'd need. Looks like Wal-Fart has em for $220

ETA- military parting gift? Questionably acquired nick-nack? the 1740 and 1780 look like the pelican case of my dreams....prob like a grand tho
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Diggin everything in that pic. What brand IFAK is that? I just picked up the Army issued IFAK from Augee ( disclaimer for Augee, it was NOT his issued IFAK)

Still need to pick up quick clot and a nasopharyngeal airway tho.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By PFran42:

Do not, I repeat DO NOT hang out in the Plate Carrier and Battle Belt threads. I somehow got linked to one of them while checking out the gear in one of the CQBR pics on this thread. Next thing I know, I have level 4 plates en-route and a Xmas card from SKD thanking me for my last four orders (OK, I'm kidding about the SKD Xmas card).

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/psvDrrjJbGb7BsPBM6p8HEvjBX3II1NvlD8yOB95dezu=w1716-h1385-no

Btw... Kerif Night Vision has the FDE Elcan bikini covers in stock. I had been looking for one for at least a month when I ran across their site. Fast shipping too...

Diggin everything in that pic. What brand IFAK is that? I just picked up the Army issued IFAK from Augee ( disclaimer for Augee, it was NOT his issued IFAK)

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#34]

ITS ETA Trauma Kit Pouch Tallboy (MultiCam)

View All Quotes
Do not, I repeat DO NOT hang out in the Plate Carrier and Battle Belt threads. I somehow got linked to one of them while checking out the gear in one of the CQBR pics on this thread. Next thing I know, I have level 4 plates en-route and a Xmas card from SKD thanking me for my last four orders (OK, I'm kidding about the SKD Xmas card).

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/psvDrrjJbGb7BsPBM6p8HEvjBX3II1NvlD8yOB95dezu=w1716-h1385-no

Btw... Kerif Night Vision has the FDE Elcan bikini covers in stock. I had been looking for one for at least a month when I ran across their site. Fast shipping too...

ITS ETA Trauma Kit Pouch Tallboy (MultiCam)

That thing is nice. Looks like a better system than the old Army IFAK in the ACU modified SAW pouch. Thats the one I have, I heard they switched to some enhanced type of IFAK nowadays, no longer in a saw pouch, I cant remember what they called it tho
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#35]

I think like $160 or so. I bought the 1600 on Amazon. But craigslist is helpful for Pelicans and hardigg cases.

View All Quotes

Nice. 160 aint too bad, definitely need pics!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#36]

What happened with the "H" buffer? Still too heavy? What setting on the gas block did you use? Were you running the can?
View All Quotes

Thunder, I haven't shot it yet with the "H". Christmas day I was shooting Federal .223 bulk, not 5.56, with the H2 buffer I have plenty of 193, but did not have it with me that day. With the Socom Rc on, it would not lock open on the last round with the port set on .048.  I was also having some trouble with the KAC 2 stage trigger, so I did not do a whole lot of shooting with the CQBR.
   Weather permitting, I will have it out tommorrow or Tuesday. I will take both .223 and 5.56 and test with and without the suppressor, on both port settings. I'll report back with the results.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Thunder, I haven't shot it yet with the "H". Christmas day I was shooting Federal .223 bulk, not 5.56, with the H2 buffer I have plenty of 193, but did not have it with me that day. With the Socom Rc on, it would not lock open on the last round with the port set on .048.  I was also having some trouble with the KAC 2 stage trigger, so I did not do a whole lot of shooting with the CQBR.
   Weather permitting, I will have it out tommorrow or Tuesday. I will take both .223 and 5.56 and test with and without the suppressor, on both port settings. I'll report back with the results.
View All Quotes

Thank you for the follow up! I'm installing a Govnah this week and will try it out this weekend. Based on your results, I think I'll bring an "H" buffer just in case. I'll be watching for your results.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Thank you for the follow up! I'm installing a Govnah this week and will try it out this weekend. Based on your results, I think I'll bring an "H" buffer just in case. I'll be watching for your results.
View All Quotes

Something that have to take into consideration is how the Govnah is machined and how I had to do mine. I am sure that they wire EDM the slide/slide pocket on theirs. They would be able to hold whatever tolerance they want via EDM. The wire machine I have access to is down for the time being, so I had to make do with more conventional machining. My slide is no doubt looser than the Govnah's, which is going to bleed some gas. In their literature they make referance to the slide "fit" being such that carbon will not cause problems........I'm not sure what they mean by that......could be a very close/tight fit, or could be somewhat loose. If I'm bleeding an inordinate amount of gas I'll need a lighter buffer than if it were not bleeding. So, take that into consideration. I haven't loosened up/taken apart, the rail to see how much gas might have been leaking, but shining a light through the holes in the rail it looks like a minimal amount of leakage.......but I don't know how much a Govnah might bleed.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Anyone have a link to a block Ii pic of an operator with his front sight backward?
View Quote

JShepard's work rig:

HK 416's but same concept:

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:59:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#40]
GAME CHANGER!!!

A2 CQBR. Who is gonna be the first to clone this technical marvel?

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:04:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#41]
pretty sure that's a removable carry handle on a flattop upper.  #OAF tho.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#42]

pretty sure that's a removable carry handle on a flattop upper.  #OAF tho.  
View Quote

Yeah, it's removable. First CQBR I've seen in that config though.

Btw... Is the ignore list not working for you?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:18:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#43]

I was about to say hoe-lee-fuk til I saw it was removeable. Still a first for me tho, neva been seen befo. Maybe hes not a fan of cheek welds... actually it probably has something to do with him being a taller guy, probably has to bend his neck when the SU-231 is upper  rail mounted
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Im sure there's somebody in here that owns a surefire helmet light, I have an MSA ACH (no rails) and I'm gonna pick up a surefire for it. Is there any way to mount it besides drilling a hole through the kevlar? I'd rather not do that if theres another way. Also, i'm pretty sure it would be covering up one of my IR squares on my USGI multicam cover. should I un-stitch the sqare and move it or? Any suggestions much appreciated
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:42:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#45]
.. Is the ignore list not working for you?
View Quote

I actually pull people off it from time to time to give them a second chance.

You're making me regret it, since you seem to still be so fucking butthurt over it that you have to post a smart-assed comment trying to be edgy, snarky and cool.  I was hoping you were above acting GD outside of GD.  Clearly I was incorrect in that assessment.  Thanks for reminding me why you were there in the first place.  I'll remedy that for you now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

And M6X. Nice looking hair missile too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#47]

You're making me regret it, since you seem to still be so fucking butthurt over it that you have to post a smart-assed comment trying to be edgy, snarky and cool.  I was hoping you were above acting GD outside of GD.  Clearly I was incorrect in that assessment.  Thanks for reminding me why you were there in the first place.  I'll remedy that for you now.
View All Quotes

.. Is the ignore list not working for you?

Hook, line and sinker.

MK18 thread:

Lenny Kravitz during his stint in DEVGRU. This is the most ICE-COLD MK18/CQBR pic I know of.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Im sure there's somebody in here that owns a surefire helmet light, I have an MSA ACH (no rails) and I'm gonna pick up a surefire for it. Is there any way to mount it besides drilling a hole through the kevlar? I'd rather not do that if theres another way. Also, i'm pretty sure it would be covering up one of my IR squares on my USGI multicam cover. should I un-stitch the sqare and move it or? Any suggestions much appreciated
View Quote

Unless they changed how they mount since I was issued them, it just clamps to the rim of the helmet. No drilling required and you can adjust it fore and aft to accommodate your needs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#49]
The surefire helmet light has a bracket that clamps to the ear flap, or edge of the helmet. Then the light slides into that, there is no need to drill anything on the helmet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Unless they changed how they mount since I was issued them, it just clamps to the rim of the helmet. No drilling required and you can adjust it fore and aft to accommodate your needs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Correct. There's even a swing mount so you can have it so it's not hanging on the bottom of the helmet. Don't know what it's called or who makes it but we got them when we went to Afgayistan. Just thought I'd throw that out there since I broke two of the fuckers with the standard mount.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 147 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top