User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1239 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 2:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#1]
Some more in the wild stuff.
When it comes to rubber bands, Two is one and one is none, But 10 should be good
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Conner378:
When it comes to rubber bands, Two is one and one is none, But 10 should be good
https://i.postimg.cc/rsb7jm11/49-AFB114-E602-46-B6-B665-4-F0307-A0520-A.jpg
View Quote
Lol.
Someone send that guy some velcro
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Hark, tis that the sound of good Ser Postman upon his noble steed? Forsooth, tell me, good Ser Postman, what tidings do you bring? Baubles and trinkets from an exotic and faraway land?

My kingdom doth rejoice! For good Ser Postman doth bringeth 99051s most fair. And most nobly, a dayeth early. Tis that the beep of a new Pocket Pro II, shot timer most wise? Verily, verily I say unto thee! Upon my sacred word and honor!
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 6:31:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrKV] [#4]

OMGWTFCQBRBBQ
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Hank Hill approved
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By krdt:
Hark, tis that the sound of good Ser Postman upon his noble steed? Forsooth, tell me, good Ser Postman, what tidings do you bring? Baubles and trinkets from an exotic and faraway land?

My kingdom doth rejoice! For good Ser Postman doth bringeth 99051s most fair. And most nobly, a dayeth early. Tis that the beep of a new Pocket Pro II, shot timer most wise? Verily, verily I say unto thee! Upon my sacred word and honor!
View Quote
How does it look!?
Jj
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JohnJr:
How does it look!?
Jj
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How does it look!?
Jj
Exact duplicate. Only question now, do I want both my Block IIs to have twinsy 99051s? lol
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Exact duplicate. Only question now, do I want both my Block IIs to have twinsy 99051s? lol
View All Quotes

How does it look!?
Jj
Well that's good news I think!
Jj
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
https://i.postimg.cc/rsb7jm11/49-AFB114-E602-46-B6-B665-4-F0307-A0520-A.jpg
View Quote
Are Chucks clone-kosher now?
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Are Chucks clone-kosher now?
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing!
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Yes plz
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Propane is one helluva drug
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Are tan a2 grips actually issued or are they just something that looks at home?
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
View Quote
prob mk17 pulloffs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
KAC makes a taupe A2 grip.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
M110 correct.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
the block 2 fam

i hate the wait for my silent pew pews

Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
the block 2 fam

https://i.imgur.com/JdlLmTk.jpg
View Quote
Looking fantastic bro!!! Great job.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
I see you
#charcoalisbetter
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#20]
the block 2 fam

View Quote
Sir, well done!
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

I see you
#charcoalisbetter
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20190710_204250_jpg-1011565.JPG
View Quote
Yep Charcoal wins!
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#22]
the block 2 fam

View Quote
What a happy, happy family. Damn, you went all out on the WMXs, lol.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#23]

I see you
#charcoalisbetter
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20190710_204250_jpg-1011565.JPG
View Quote

I need to get a charcoal grill for some legit bbq. I just use smoke bombs and zone heat right now.

And my grip is a KAC taupe.. I'll probably switch it out for a black colt
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#24]
the block 2 fam

View Quote
B5's?

Nice collection sir
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MrKV:

B5's?

Nice collection sir
View Quote
LMTs
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Cqbr bbq is best bbq.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrKV] [#27]

LMTs
View Quote
Jealous.. I'm stuck with a black lmt... Way better fitting than my Coyote b5!
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MrKV:

Jealous.. I'm stuck with a black lmt... Way better fitting than my Coyote b5!
View Quote
Same. I like my poopy brown stock tho lol
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#29]
thanks gents. yes, lmt stocks, be patient and you can get them for not much more than black ones. and yep Krdt, the wmx buying got a tad out of control. the dual switch option actually becomes a problem unless you have a peq to use at the same time. undecided if i am going to keep them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Scientifically proven that a CQBR in close proximity makes BBQ taste better. Mesquite wood and charcoal all day :D.

Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Got a new DD Mk18 stripped upper (no muzzle device or BCG, otherwise complete) on backorder. Got a sweet deal, under $600 shipped. How clone correct is the OEM upper from DD?

Still trying to decide what optic for the top. Thinking EXPS3 with the magnifier. Or maybe the Razor 1-6 off one of my other builds I never shoot.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ColdEngineer:
Got a new DD Mk18 stripped upper (no muzzle device or BCG, otherwise complete) on backorder. Got a sweet deal, under $600 shipped. How clone correct is the OEM upper from DD?

Still trying to decide what optic for the top. Thinking EXPS3 with the magnifier. Or maybe the Razor 1-6 off one of my other builds I never shoot.
View Quote
The upper receiver itself needs to go and be replaced by a Colt or FN upper if you're going for clone correctness. The RIS II is GTG, of course; and the barrel is... debatable. Some are going to say only Colt and FN are acceptable, but there is this:

https://adsinc.com/past-performance/usscom-bolt-barrel-kit/

According to DD and ADS, there are at least 1,407 DD 10.3" barrels in the system. Take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#33]
alright guys, help me out and let me be the guinea pig for eotech engraving from a top notch source that does incredible work

trying to get my exps engraved with su-231A markings. carolina laser used to do this, but no longer does. the company is willing to do it, but needs this:

We would need a PDF, black and white of that engraving on the Eotech to engrave it properly. Can you put that together?
View Quote
I consider myself a techy person overall, but i know that SU engraving is a specific font. no issue with them creating the QR code, but i need the font name and/or style to make it look right obviously. anyone have any idea what font is used, or possibly have a template for su-231A engraving?

it's literally the last thing i need done to finish the mk18 completely while being "correct"

my hood has already been done by @ankratz - just need re-engraving and ended up in a pinch when Carolina stopped doing the engravings
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Not issued but there are other Tan A2 grips used on other guns in the system.  Mine was off a Mk17.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 12:34:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#35]
alright guys, help me out and let me be the guinea pig for eotech engraving from a top notch source that does incredible work

trying to get my exps engraved with su-231A markings. carolina laser used to do this, but no longer does. the company is willing to do it, but needs this:

I consider myself a techy person overall, but i know that SU engraving is a specific font. no issue with them creating the QR code, but i need the font name and/or style to make it look right obviously. anyone have any idea what font is used, or possibly have a template for su-231A engraving?

it's literally the last thing i need done to finish the mk18 completely while being "correct"

my hood has already been done by @ankratz - just need re-engraving and ended up in a pinch when Carolina stopped doing the engravings
View All Quotes

We would need a PDF, black and white of that engraving on the Eotech to engrave it properly. Can you put that together?

You might try contacting Chad from CLW and see if he'll give you his template. If he's not offering the service anymore, no real reason not to share it. I guess maybe he stopped offering the service based on some ethical consideration about people maybe passing them off as legit - in which case, maybe not.

Otherwise, messing with the example image from CLW in Photoshop, it looks like MS Sans Serif is very close. Others are "Kartika" and "Latha". A known font would probably be best, but I could just isolate the text from the image if necessary.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#36]

You might try contacting Chad from CLW and see if he'll give you his template. If he's not offering the service anymore, no real reason not to share it. I guess maybe he stopped offering the service based on some ethical consideration about people maybe passing them off as legit - in which case, maybe not.

Otherwise, messing the example image from CLW in Photoshop, it looks like MS Sans Serif is very close. Others are "Kartika" and "Latha". A known font would probably be best, but I could just isolate the text from the image if necessary.
View Quote
Now that is a great idea, thank you. I'll email Chad, and order a couple of UID labels too. Good to know on the fonts.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 2:02:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

There were pics of 28th EOD dudes with Lite rails and SF Minis, but I don't recall any pics of Mini Monsters.
View Quote
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

They look good, but I like my fdes, and taupes etc not matching up as well.  Maybe its because I have a SCAR17 and nothing matches on that.

@dyzastr I am pretty sure I remember a pic sometime with a mini monster.  You should snag it.  Im actually thinking of grabbing one myself just because of the price.
View Quote
Ill have to do some searching, but I seem to remember one pic with a monster. It might not have been a mini though. I'll do some searching. I'll be a rebel and run one fo' shits n giggles n pokin'. Imagine a red hot suppressor with spikes comin at ya. Ouch. I'm pretty sure it was meant to assist in rebar cutting, but I can't recall.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#38]

I see you
#charcoalisbetter
View Quote
Think I see some Salt Free Cavender's there - wouldn't use it on the gun but it makes a great base for a rub or just on salads etc. Nice pic.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Whats the going rate for a used MK18 RIS II rail?

300-350 range?
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

300-350 range?
View Quote
$350-$400 range depending on condition.
They can be had new from DD for $440.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

300-350 range?
View Quote
I paid 350 for mine but see them more going for closer to 400.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#42]
thanks gents. yes, lmt stocks, be patient and you can get them for not much more than black ones. and yep Krdt, the wmx buying got a tad out of control. the dual switch option actually becomes a problem unless you have a peq to use at the same time. undecided if i am going to keep them.
View Quote
Are you getting them from classifieds or online stores?
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

I paid 350 for mine but see them more going for closer to 400.
View Quote
See a light used one for 330 that might move on. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t out there for used or good deal used.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#44]
The upper receiver itself needs to go and be replaced by a Colt or FN upper if you're going for clone correctness. The RIS II is GTG, of course; and the barrel is... debatable. Some are going to say only Colt and FN are acceptable, but there is this:

According to DD and ADS, there are at least 1,407 DD 10.3" barrels in the system. Take that for what it's worth.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ColdEngineer:

@ColdEngineer

Take that DD upper off and sell it.  Should be able to get $80-$90 for it, so you’re into the RIS II Rail with a barrel/gb/gas tube for about the same price as just the rail from DD.  Then grab a Colt upper to slap it all on.  That’s what I did (just took me forever to finally complete the task, LoL)!

Also, how did you snag that upper for less than $600 shipped?!  Do tell
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:

@ColdEngineer

Take that DD upper off and sell it.  Should be able to get $80-$90 for it, so you’re into the RIS II Rail with a barrel/gb/gas tube for about the same price as just the rail from DD.  Then grab a Colt upper to slap it all on.  That’s what I did (just took me forever to finally complete the task, LoL)!
View Quote
I was debating about going this route, too. I had purchased a stripped DD MK18 URG from Brownells for a good price (not $600 though) using a coupon (and Active Junky cash back) on top of their sale price and was willing to wait because it's on backorder. When I researched it further, though, besides the dumb logo'd upper with polymer ejection port door, it turns out they just use a Daniel Defense low profile gas block, not the Daniel Defense MK12 gas block. So after factoring in selling/swapping out parts, buying mailers, driving to/from the Post Office and paying postage, etc., I decided to just build it up right with the correct parts to begin with even though it will cost a bit more in the end. I won't be able to land a factory Colt 10.3" non-FSP barrel at this point (unless a short run miraculously gets released soon), so I will be going with DD and I'm okay with that.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
I was debating about going this route, too. I had purchased a stripped DD MK18 URG from Brownells for a good price (not $600 though) using a coupon (and Active Junky cash back) on top of their sale price and was willing to wait because it's on backorder. When I researched it further, though, besides the dumb logo'd upper with polymer ejection port door, it turns out they just use a Daniel Defense low profile gas block, not the Daniel Defense MK12 gas block. So after factoring in selling/swapping out parts, buying mailers, driving to/from the Post Office and paying postage, etc., I decided to just build it up right with the correct parts to begin with even though it will cost a bit more in the end. I won't be able to land a factory Colt 10.3" non-FSP barrel at this point (unless a short run miraculously gets released soon), so I will be going with DD and I'm okay with that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
Originally Posted By smitty_007:

@ColdEngineer

The current DD Mk18 URGs are using an Mk12 block, FYI.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#47]

The current DD Mk18 URGs are using an Mk12 block, FYI.
View Quote
Sure are.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Is that a razor?
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Is that a razor?
View Quote
Yep
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1239 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top