Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1104 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:22:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

Do the 22LR rounds foul or lead up the can?
View Quote
And the gas port, and gas tube. Be ready for malfunctions if you use .22 with your upper. I ended up getting a dedicated .22 upper for that reason. Plus a .22 suppressor that either breaks down for cleaning. Although, I do wonder about the m22 rounds made by Winchester god the ar. Those would prob be good to go as I believe they are made for this purpose. No real data though. Someone might know.

eta- love dat diemaco anchor Harvey action
this is the direction I'm lookin of goin wit da block 2.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:24:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#2]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Bro, where you finding the DD rails??
View Quote
Take a quick look in the EE under upper parts. You might find a rare dd mk18 rail

eta- so I noticed something kinda unsettling when I disassembled my upper. I noticed the barrel nut had been way over torqued by someone. I mean to the point where the threaded part of the barrel nut has some separation from the wrench part. I don't know how I missed it when I got it. I'll post pics later. That coulda been bad.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
10.3" colt gov contour cutdown on top
10.3" colt socom contour cutdown on bottom
3p not timed.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/471387/image_jpeg-736094.JPG
View Quote
Your 553 is begging me to take her home. She wants me to rescue her from the daily multi-gun swapping you put her through. She wants her own rifle. (Or pistol)

Besides that I really need a KAC M4QD in my life. Only reason I haven't swapped it is I'm not looking forward to fucking with the Rocksett on my shit
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
And the gas port, and gas tube. Be ready for malfunctions if you use .22 with your upper. I ended up getting a dedicated .22 upper for that reason. Plus a .22 suppressor that either breaks down for cleaning. Although, I do wonder about the m22 rounds made by Winchester god the ar. Those would prob be good to go as I believe they are made for this purpose. No real data though. Someone might know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've had really good luck with running some 556 after a session of 22 to clear out the gunk in the port and tube.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Take a quick look in the EE under upper parts. You might find a rare dd mk18 rail
View Quote
youre right i did!
now just need to drop it like 2 hundo and hold on to it till after xmas for me :D
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
I've had really good luck with running some 556 after a session of 22 to clear out the gunk in the port and tube.
View All Quotes

Ya.  And after 3 rounds the birds never returned.  Left the 3 on BBQ skewers on three corners of the yard as a lesson to all other birds that pledged themselves to eating my grass.  The waning has since been heeded.

But I too "clear out" with a mag of 5.56 afterwards and have never had an issue.  Granted I've fired maybe 15 rounds of .22 in its life through it.  The subs were for my g17 with conversion kit and can.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:08:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#7]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Your 553 is begging me to take her home. She wants me to rescue her from the daily multi-gun swapping you put her through. She wants her own rifle. (Or pistol)

Besides that I really need a KAC M4QD in my life. Only reason I haven't swapped it is I'm not looking forward to fucking with the Rocksett on my shit
View Quote
I see how it is. So yer giving me  shit for goin balls deep into the clone game and experimenting  with as many issued type optics as I can (cannot) afford? I thought that's  what qd is fer . Besides, she can't be tied to just having one upper (pun intended). I always say it's the last time I'm swappin, so I won't this time. Before cloning, my comp ml3 was the only optic I'd ever used so can you really blame me?  Plus the builds tell me what optics they want, it's honestly outta my control.
But the reason for the CD style pic is I've decided to part with my Savannah marked ris ii, so I'm combining parts to make one complete finely tuned block 2.  I just got word my buddy is willing to trade me back my FF gg&g 1201. I can't wait to pair it with my m249f. So I'll basically be losing a block 2, but gaining a FF block1.5.  I may be able to help the m4qd hole in yer life once you decide to pry Excalibur off.

View Quote
Oh ya, forgot about that. You'll really only run into problems if you shoot a shot ton of .22 and leave it.

youre right i did!
now just need to drop it like 2 hundo and hold on to it till after xmas for me :D
View Quote
I really don't know what to even ask for it. I'd almost rather trade someone for somethin but I kinda have my eye on some qdss action so funds are a necessity. The qdss will be mine one day, oh yes it will. I will be sacrificing some things so keep them clone eyes peeled.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:10:59 AM EDT
[#8]
let me get a couple shitty cellphone pics in a minute... kind of embarrassed actually :/
well, here is a couple pics.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20181109_185300_resized_jpg-733580.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20181109_185405_resized_jpg-733581.JPG
so the "e" and the "r" got smudged up, the "p" and "y" are light.
and the "SAFE" got all dicked up too. pissed me off.
also the 'colt defense' got pretty light too. towards the end i was getting pissed off and running out of time so, i packed up and went home.
View All Quotes

Post pics of the shallow/deep spots
let me get a couple shitty cellphone pics in a minute... kind of embarrassed actually :/
well, here is a couple pics.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20181109_185300_resized_jpg-733580.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20181109_185405_resized_jpg-733581.JPG
so the "e" and the "r" got smudged up, the "p" and "y" are light.
and the "SAFE" got all dicked up too. pissed me off.
also the 'colt defense' got pretty light too. towards the end i was getting pissed off and running out of time so, i packed up and went home.
I'd be proud to rock that!
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Sick
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I am impressed.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#12]
At first i was like "that top one needs a hk lower"
Then i saw the extra hole and then i disagreed with myself.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#13]
10.4 life is right.

Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Just waiting on the colt lower to be approved

heres one for Monday

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
10.4 life is right.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4821/44939096695_556d802032_b.jpg
View Quote
Stop that
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Just waiting on the colt lower to be approved

heres one for Monday

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/297824/E0382BF3-6C8A-4331-A33B-70655250CEAE_jpeg-736858.JPG
View Quote
That is a sexy sumbitch. Paint is wearing in nicely too
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#17]
A few snaps from shooting yesterday. Got a snazzy little carbon fiber felt welding mat. Now I don't have to worry about the suppressor melting the carpet on my shooting table :\.

And a little baffle action at 1,300 or so. Put 8 mags through it yesterday, so I'm at 1,500+ now. There hasn't really been any significant change in the wear over the last 500 rounds, but I've definitely been a lot more gentle with it. Seems the damage from 700 to 1000 was just getting it too hot. Honestly, a little surprised that 60 rounds of not even continuous fire took such a toll on it. Judging by that, the manual stating not to exceed 90 rounds of continuous full auto is pretty fucking optimistic. I'd hate to see the results of a 90 round full auto dump, heh.

Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By krdt:
A few snaps from shooting yesterday. Got a snazzy little carbon fiber felt welding mat. Now I don't have to worry about the suppressor melting the carpet on my shooting table :\.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.111118.All.Steel-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.111118.All.Steel-02.jpg

And a little baffle action at 1,300 or so. Put 8 mags through it yesterday, so I'm at 1,500+ now. There hasn't really been any significant change in the wear over the last 500 rounds, but I've definitely been a lot more gentle with it. Seems the damage from 700 to 1000 was just getting it too hot. Honestly, a little surprised that 60 rounds of not even continuous fire took such a toll on it. Judging by that, the manual stating not to exceed 90 rounds of continuous full auto is pretty fucking optimistic. I'd hate to see the results of a 90 round full auto dump, heh.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.111018.RC.Baffle.1300-RS-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.111018.RC.Baffle.1300-RS-02.jpg
View Quote
I would say it actually looks better (somehow) than the last pics you posted. Maybe it just needed to break in/cut those gas channels and maybe it won't really get much worse from here on out. Kind of like how a cam pin can cut into an upper receiver, but once the path is made, the path is made so to speak...
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]

That is a sexy sumbitch. Paint is wearing in nicely too
View Quote
Yea, shame I'm gonna be putting a new lower on it lol. I'll probably half ass strip and re paint, or just leave it and build another cqbr on the colt lower lol
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Yea, shame I'm gonna be putting a new lower on it lol. I'll probably half ass strip and re paint, or just leave it and build another cqbr on the colt lower lol
View Quote
which colt lower you waiting on?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Spitfire75:
Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Haha, I wasn't trying to show anyone up - I just wanted to make a small contribution to this massive thread.  I think about getting out of CA all the time, but it's hard.  I was born and raised in Orange County, and almost all of my family is still here.  I do have some family out in Georgia and Virginia, and my wife's family is spread around Missouri and Oklahoma.  I would definitely be able to relocate to one of those places, but both my wife's and my careers are out here and it's tough to think about giving up our salaries and and connections.

The nice thing about having family outside of CA is that I occasionally get to take my ARs with me when we go visit them.  It's funny how much more illegaler and how many more 30 caliber clips my AR shoots per half-second when I swap out the dumbass fixed magazine lock for a little button and a spring.

Back to clone-related stuff...since I live in Los Angeles and can't have anything truly cool, it's hard to resist the Surefire SOCOM training suppressor that a few places have been selling over the past year or two.  I guess they do say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery.  And it's also nuts how the Surefire headquarters is only 1.9 miles from the house I lived in until I went away to college.  I can't even own the main thing that they're known for manufacturing!
View Quote
Hey all my closest family still live in Orange County too Bro, I'm from Anaheim off Euclid and Cerritos, born in Fountain Valley next to Mile Square Park, It took me about 3 years to adjust outside of it, and I do to this day crave moving back there from time to time, but the further you get away the further you feel better about leaving, you should go to Virginia, because that's not far from me nowadays and I would love for you to share those cool toys with me! By the way I did attend Mater Dei for a year and root for them but Loara High School is my alumni, whoo! They suck though and will never make it to a state championship lol, but yea I'm telling you, leaving will make you homesick, but having Freedom is better, you and your better half will have more freedoms to enjoy outside of SoCal I promise, give freedom a chance, and you're Mk18s  freedom bro!
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#22]
10.4 life is right.

View Quote
I wish I was an AR15 Social Worker, so I could abuse my authority and remove that rifle from its' abusive environment for myself.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#23]
10.4 life is right.

View Quote
Worth the price?  RC or RC2 is up next for me then I can't decide if next project is 416 or M110 clone.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I would say it actually looks better (somehow) than the last pics you posted. Maybe it just needed to break in/cut those gas channels and maybe it won't really get much worse from here on out. Kind of like how a cam pin can cut into an upper receiver, but once the path is made, the path is made so to speak...
View All Quotes

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.111118.All.Steel-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.111118.All.Steel-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.111018.RC.Baffle.1300-RS-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.111018.RC.Baffle.1300-RS-02.jpg
No, I agree; it oddly doesn't look quite as bad as it did. I think the last several hundred "gentle" rounds with plenty of cooling time between kinda worked to smooth out the rough edges and the ragged looking pathway around that missing chunk. I do recall reading - I think it was a post from a Surefire rep - that the wear is sort of self-limiting after a certain point - even with a flash hider. Hopefully, after the initial aggressive wear, it'll settle into very minor changes over the rest of its life. I'd guess as long as I continue being careful, that'll probably be the case.

And I just heard that fucking whoreface Kyrsten Sinema has won the senate race in AZ. What the fuck, Arizona... we don't elect Democrats. Ugh.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Waiting on an m4 carbine, nothing special.

i actually think I'm going to chop my socom barrel to 10.3 and trade my m4a1 ris for an mk18 ris and run it like that with elcan, that would be pimp
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#26]
10.4 life is right.

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh boy... just bought a taupe QDSS nt4.  Thank god I’m an sot now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

I wish I was an AR15 Social Worker, so I could abuse my authority and remove that rifle from its' abusive environment for myself.
View Quote
Lol. Well said.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

View Quote
Don't worry, it's fed well and kept warm. Even has a dedicated suppressor on the way.

Originally Posted By daojag:

Worth the price?  RC or RC2 is up next for me then I can't decide if next project is 416 or M110 clone.  
View Quote
I think so. MR556 getting chopped down gets a little steep, but the platform really shines when you have the ability to throw it on a FA lower. Whether it be legit 416, or a modded 556.

416 makes more sense to me than an M110 or SR25. Granted, I've never shot one of those, but I fail to see the appeal.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I have nothing to contribute but this picture of making some 10.3" Colt barrels.

Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By unclemoak:
I have nothing to contribute but this picture of making some 10.3" Colt barrels.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/1D135CAD-27F1-45E1-A9C3-118758B6E886.jpg
View Quote
Great contribution!
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#32]

i actually think I'm going to chop my socom barrel to 10.3 and trade my m4a1 ris for an mk18 ris and run it like that with elcan, that would be pimp
View All Quotes

I have a spare Colt SOCOM 14.5 sitting around I was thinking about getting cut to 10.3 as well, but since I already have 2 Colt 10.3's, I'm prob gonna end up going either pin/weld A2X with it (so I can still mount bayo correctly) or just throw it on the EE to trade for a Colt 16" to save money.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#33]

No, I agree; it oddly doesn't look quite as bad as it did. I think the last several hundred "gentle" rounds with plenty of cooling time between kinda worked to smooth out the rough edges and the ragged looking pathway around that missing chunk. I do recall reading - I think it was a post from a Surefire rep - that the wear is sort of self-limiting after a certain point - even with a flash hider. Hopefully, after the initial aggressive wear, it'll settle into very minor changes over the rest of its life. I'd guess as long as I continue being careful, that'll probably be the case.

And I just heard that fucking whoreface Kyrsten Sinema has won the senate race in AZ. What the fuck, Arizona... we don't elect Democrats. Ugh.
View Quote
Right?  Time to move to Texas?  Can't say I'm happy about it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#34]

I have a spare Colt SOCOM 14.5 sitting around I was thinking about getting cut to 10.3 as well, but since I already have 2 Colt 10.3's, I'm prob gonna end up going either pin/weld A2X with it (so I can still mount bayo correctly) or just throw it on the EE to trade for a Colt 16" to save money.
View Quote
Bayo is important for when our ammo gets banned.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#35]
10.4 life is right.

View Quote
Brain fart- does that run an Hk barrel, cutdown to 10.4" with the piston system? I ask cause I got ended up with a 10.4" colt gov profile and don't know What to do with it. Don't know whether to chop it down to 10.3 or leave as is. I've mocked it up with an ris ii and the gap is noticeable/bothersome but not the end of the world. I didn't want two block 2 builds since there are a variety of mk18/ cqbr variants to clone, so now I've got a 10.4" floating around. Ya, Dumb question. Of course it's an Hk barrel.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Brain fart- does that run an Hk barrel, cutdown to 10.4" with the piston system? I ask cause I got ended up with a 10.4" colt gov profile and don't know What to do with it. Don't know whether to chop it down to 10.3 or leave as is. I've mocked it up with an ris ii and the gap is noticeable/bothersome but not the end of the world. I didn't want two block 2 builds since there are a variety of mk18/ cqbr variants to clone, so now I've got a 10.4" floating around. Ya, Dumb question. Of course it's an Hk barrel.
View All Quotes
10.4 life is right.

Unless you buy a surplus 416 barrel you're pretty much stuck with unchromed MR556 barrels in the states. Not sure which of the two his is. But instead of wasting a chop for .1", I would cut it to 10" and do a L119 clone
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:24:26 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

True lol. And mags
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#38]

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/1D135CAD-27F1-45E1-A9C3-118758B6E886.jpg
View Quote
Who cut all those barrels and are they 14.5” or 16?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#39]
10.4 life is right.

View Quote
Man, who did that receiver anodizing? These 416 CAG clones are off th chain.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Good ol 8 degree weather in MN.
Better paint the cqbr white now.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#42]
Originally Posted By fredy556:
http://imgur.com/a/3My7z0x
View Quote
Simple and clean, I like it. Embedded for ya.

Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

https://i.imgur.com/GRr33nB.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
http://imgur.com/a/3My7z0x

https://i.imgur.com/GRr33nB.jpg
Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fredy556] [#44]
[imghttp://imgur.com/a/wYOFLue/img]

Being a little overzealous with the posting but it’s my first time so I’m trying to get the hang of it...
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LRB45:
Who cut all those barrels and are they 14.5" or 16?
View All Quotes

@LRB45

I cut them down. I believe they started as 16's ,but would have to measure the cut offs to be sure.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Ignore the trigger....

Ignore a few things....

Both those lowers were Bracemans work.  Cerakoted however, as at the time I couldn't get anyone to anodize them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#48]
@LRB45

I cut them down. I believe they started as 16's ,but would have to measure the cut offs to be sure.
View All Quotes

@LRB45

They look like 16". Not clone correct
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#49]
http://imgur.com/a/wYOFLue/img]

Being a little overzealous with the posting but it’s my first time so I’m trying to get the hang of it...
View Quote
Close.

You just forgot the closing bracket at the front and the opening bracket at the end of your img tags. Also, use your direct link (right click on the image and copy image address so the link ends in .jpg)

Should look like this...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Fear not the rocksett, just soak the muzzle in water overnight.
I did that when I removed my 4p and it came off easy.
Before the overnight soak it wasn't budging.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1104 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top