AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1082 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:28:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wormydog1987] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/926/28641844567_da7fc687d6_c.jpg

A lot of non-sense about not having select-fire lowers.
View Quote
(Was supposed to be a boner emoji. Didn’t work.)

I’m working on mine. Needs a few more trinkets still.

Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Wormydog1987:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wormydog1987:

I got you fam

8==D- - - - ()

Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Subiescott:
My contribution here toward the 10.3" thread. My block ii has some lag time yet. But anyway, humor me.....block iii or frankengun?

P.S. - Stole @krdt picture technique and I gotta say, looks nice!

https://i.imgur.com/wF7adv6.jpg
View Quote
Delete this
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Ahhh. Small screen, couldn't tell. Even better then. That means purp is still Rollin out.

Those bastards. That's about like the new cage marked 6920 upper in the EE with less than 100rds that looks more beat up than my '05. What's goin on by the gas tube hole? Looks like it was Fde at one point too? Before black?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Nah that's a Cerro forge with the CAGE code....which means its a new purple receiver. Sweet
Ahhh. Small screen, couldn't tell. Even better then. That means purp is still Rollin out.
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

BARNEY!!

Those bastards. That's about like the new cage marked 6920 upper in the EE with less than 100rds that looks more beat up than my '05. What's goin on by the gas tube hole? Looks like it was Fde at one point too? Before black?
I think they painted it, assembled it, then stripped the paint while it was still assembled, then tore it apart and said "fuck it".
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Delete this
View All Quotes
My contribution here toward the 10.3" thread. My block ii has some lag time yet. But anyway, humor me.....block iii or frankengun?

Delete this
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Delete this
View All Quotes

Delete this
Agreed. Just because it has a 10.3 and an eotech doesnt make it a CQBR or Mk18.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Damn that dude could conceal carry his mk18 if he wanted
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Damn that dude could conceal carry his mk18 if he wanted
View Quote
Yeah. He thicc.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:51:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#12]

View Quote
If you have to ask you prob know. You gotta post at least ten pics of some real deal shit before you can post a pic of that beside the real deal shit 'round these parts. Gotta put in the work first. Still wouldn't change it from an sbr though. Nice rifle anyhow. Got pics of anything more relevant to the cqbr/ mk18 discussion? Teardrop forward assists maybe?
Yes! And right after I found a colt teardrop at reasonable price! So long possibly exploding, gun wrecking dpms.
Did you have those pics on standby or what? You've been ready for this convo. you've just saved me from hours of searching.

Eta- damn pg hasn't loaded. I was a pg behind.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
60 wat? Its the new URG-O Mk black -Sorta Improved.....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conner378:

60 wat? Its the new URG-O Mk black -Sorta Improved.....
I'm feeling the love! The post was more of a gag then anything else but in due time, I'll have a true photo to post.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

Agreed. Just because it has a 10.3 and an eotech doesnt make it a CQBR or Mk18.
View Quote
Everyone is so uptight, it's a gag from the previous posts and how aggressive everyone got with that other guy. It's all good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my rifle back but need to put the scope back on.  Other URG has a teardrop FA.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Got my rifle back but need to put the scope back on.  Other URG has a teardrop FA.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5590-686578.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5591-686580.JPG

CD
View Quote
Uh oh. Who stole CD's Goose scope? Was'nt me. I can only imagine what went through their head when they took it off the rifle....."dafuq is this?"
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#17]
So I bought a bunch of stuff today... should have never sold off my Mod 0 upper.

Hopefully pics on Tuesday!
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 3:08:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#18]
those unity tactical hubs with the buis are pretty interesting. looks like a good way to make the most out of the space available.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 4:17:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#19]

View Quote
very nice!
one thing I don't really see a lot of anymore is the faux 3rd pin. that was popular for a little bit.  How'd you get yours to look so real?
Eta- pics. No select-fire but my safety is full auto! I can safely not shoot bursts/ full auto. I think I like having the m600p
fury on the block 1. I'm partial to tango down vfg stubbies and full size on the block 2's, but  have afg's on hand for when in pistol form. Got a new Pri Gb ch for the block1, and a gen 2 (or3?) badger in the west coast eod. Were badger charging handles used much? Thought I read somewhere it was used on the mk12. Not sure which variant.

Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#20]
So, the new black Gas Buster CH I ordered just came in, and I'm kinda annoyed. It appears PRI has cut the size of the solid pin by about 50% compared to the older solid pin models. I mean, what in the actual fuck? How much cost savings could that possibly amount to reducing the size of the pin?

I'd wager the cost difference would negligible, so why do it? Did they maybe determine the pin needed to fail slightly earlier to avoid more serious damage to the body of the CH? I wonder if there was a viable reason, or are they just being a bunch of chintzy bastards?

Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By krdt:
So, the new black Gas Buster CH I ordered just came in, and I'm kinda annoyed. It appears PRI has cut the size of the solid pin by about 50% compared to the older solid pin models. I mean, what in the actual fuck? How much cost savings could that possibly amount to reducing the size of the pin?

I'd wager the cost difference would negligible, so why do it? Did they maybe determine the pin needed to fail slightly earlier to avoid more serious damage to the body of the CH? I wonder if there was a viable reason, or are they just being a bunch of chintzy bastards?

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/PRI.GB.Pin.Size-01.jpg
View Quote
That's odd, at least the pin is solid, my old one broke like 5 of them because of the loose fitting latch. Standard latch has been trouble free so far at least.

i picked up a g handle yesterday and am tempted to run it on the cqbr lol...
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Krdt are you sure it isn't just the head of the pin that's a smaller diameter? The hole looks roughly the same I.D. to me, just the pin or head of the pin looks smaller.

I haven't broken any pins on my 2 gas busters yet, but I also don't crank on them like I did my BCM ambi's, but that's just because the latch doesn't feel as......make me want to rip it back hard-ish? hard to explain. But I prefer the BCM ambi latches
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Went back to the tango down vfg and the insight light and switch.

as cool as the m3x and dual remote look the surefire and 12 o clock mounted dual pad work miles better Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#24]
Krdt are you sure it isn't just the head of the pin that's a smaller diameter? The hole looks roughly the same I.D. to me, just the pin or head of the pin looks smaller.

I haven't broken any pins on my 2 gas busters yet, but I also don't crank on them like I did my BCM ambi's, but that's just because the latch doesn't feel as......make me want to rip it back hard-ish? hard to explain. But I prefer the BCM ambi latches
View Quote
Hmm, after looking it over more carefully, it does appear the newer one uses a tapered solid pin. The older one uses a straight solid pin. The newer tapered pin is still slightly smaller, just not as small as I thought. I suppose maybe they had some issues with the straight pin coming out? I dunno. I'd still think the solid straight pin is stronger, but in any case, either one would be superior to a roll pin. Just a little irked when I saw that tiny pin compared to my older one :\.

Speaking of BCM Ambis, I actually sold a BCM Mod44A to buy this GB ;p. I wanted a GB painted to match the Mod 0, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to go with the FDE GB or keep the Raptor-SD on the Block II. Won't really know until the RC is out of jail. So, I didn't want to paint the FDE knowing I might end up using it. As far as robustness, the Raptor-SD is definitely the more beefy feeling between the two. That said, the solid pin GBs aren't that bad; not nearly as rickety feeling as the old roll pin GBs.

Originally Posted By Spooled:
That's odd, at least the pin is solid, my old one broke like 5 of them because of the loose fitting latch. Standard latch has been trouble free so far at least.

View Quote
You could always go with a Raptor. Not sure how they compare to a GB when suppressed, but I've been very happy with my Raptor-SD so far. I highly doubt you'd be breaking a Raptor without some serious effort, and there is at least a little CQBR "clone precedent" for them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#25]
A smaller diameter hole would leave more material on the latch, making it stronger. Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Same here. I thought it was a fluke, now  I know it's a deliberate decision on their part. I think they just realized it didn't need to be that long. It still covers what it should, but could possibly lead to quicker failure. As stated before, at least it's not that weak ass roll pin.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Same here. I thought it was a fluke, now  I know it's a deliberate decision on their part. I think they just realized it didn't need to be that long. It still covers what it should, but could possibly lead to quicker failure. As stated before, at least it's not that weak ass roll pin.
View All Quotes

The GB you got has the same smaller pin, too? Bleh... I prefer the old style big ass straight pin.

Also worth noting the anodizing on this GB isn't quite as nice as on previous GBs. No big deal, just a tad rougher and more matte. The anodizing on older GBs was smoother and almost shiny. I don't really care either way since I'm painting it, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have any experience with the gasbuster vs a geissele airborne charging handle with suppressed use?

Geissele feels like someone is throwing hot sand in my face, thinking about trying the pri.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Elcan masterrace tho.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Elcan masterrace tho.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Elcan masterrace tho.
Issued Elcan master race at that. Kewl titties
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#32]
wow
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought, what kind of person would I be if I didn't share the Gas Buster painting good times with my pals in the clone thread?

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:34:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#34]
I keep visualizing giraffes and leopards. Nice paint demo. Brodban8's painted block2 reminds me of reptile skin. I'm honestly thinkin about slapping paint on my b2.  Considering selling the other block 2 and a few things to fund an nt4. I'd love for my 1st suppressor to be an nt4 or the socom sb. The price of the sb is alluring, but it's not an rc. If you were going to put money down for a suppressor, would you spring for the nt4, or go with the socom sb and use the saved cash elsewhere? I'm really ready to pull the trigger. I figure if I jump on it now, it may be approved during summer next year.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:
Anyone have any experience with the gasbuster vs a geissele airborne charging handle with suppressed use?

Geissele feels like someone is throwing hot sand in my face, thinking about trying the pri.
View Quote
I haven't gotten to the range yet with my airborne but I don't see it being better than the pri, the gas buster works really well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#36]
I haven't gotten to the range yet with my airborne but I don't see it being better than the pri, the gas buster works really well.
View Quote
PRI work's better than the airborne, only thing that I've found better is the Raptor SD for gas. Tried them all on my MK18 out of curiosity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
I 1see a small oval spot that doesn't have small raised bubbles that flake with a fingernail touch.
View Quote
They are definitely few and far between, that's for sure.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:02:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#38]
I keep visualizing giraffes and leopards. Nice paint demo. Brodban8's painted block2 reminds me of reptile skin. I'm honestly thinkin about slapping paint on my b2.  Considering selling the other block 2 and a few things to fund an nt4. I'd love for my 1st suppressor to be an nt4 or the socom sb. The price of the sb is alluring, but it's not an rc. If you were going to put money down for a suppressor, would you spring for the nt4, or go with the socom sb and use the saved cash elsewhere? I'm really ready to pull the trigger. I figure if I jump on it now, it may be approved during summer next year.
View Quote
I’ve got a pair of SB’s.  Honestly they are great cans.  I’ve debated buying an NT4 but the ONLY reason for me is clone threads.  I’d say if it’s your first suppressor the SB is a better choice.  The mount is much better and it’s also a lower back pressure can.

If you want to try an SB or other cans, just drop me a line and we’ll set something up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260264/LRM_EXPORT_216434174809409_20180930_120030415-688181.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
I 1see a small oval spot that doesn't have small raised bubbles that flake with a fingernail touch.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260264/LRM_EXPORT_216434174809409_20180930_120030415-688181.JPG
You could chisel a salt farm off that SOPMOD
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
While you can't really go wrong with either, I'd probably go with the NT4. It's a classic. I ended up talking myself out of an NT4 based on price and went with an RC. Not unhappy with that decision, but I still want an NT4 :\. So, I'll likely end up getting an NT4, too (at some point after my RC is free).

Moral of the story is, if you have an NT4 itch, nothing else is really going to scratch it. On the other hand, that SB deal won't be around forever. NT4s aren't going anywhere, and they'll still be ridiculously expensive tomorrow. It's not an RC, but at the price the SB is going for, that's fairly easy to overlook. It's visually the same and for all intents and purposes, it's an RC with a larger bore. Sure, you'd know... but unless someone handles it up close or you tell them, likely no one else will. It's a great deal, so that's something to consider.

I guess my decision would come down to this: if it's a choice of only one now and forever, get the NT4. If it's one or the other now, and likely the other down the road, get the SB or shell out for an RC if you can find one. Truth is, there is a good chance you'll end up getting both anyway.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
Omg I need a 553
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#42]

While you can't really go wrong with either, I'd probably go with the NT4. It's a classic. I ended up talking myself out of an NT4 based on price and went with an RC. Not unhappy with that decision, but I still want an NT4 :\. So, I'll likely end up getting an NT4, too (at some point after my RC is free).

Moral of the story is, if you have an NT4 itch, nothing else is really going to scratch it. On the other hand, that SB deal won't be around forever. NT4s aren't going anywhere, and they'll still be ridiculously expensive tomorrow. It's not an RC, but at the price the SB is going for, that's fairly easy to overlook. It's visually the same and for all intents and purposes, it's an RC with a larger bore. Sure, you'd know... but unless someone handles it up close or you tell them, likely no one else will. It's a great deal, so that's something to consider.

I guess my decision would come down to this: if it's a choice of only one now and forever, get the NT4. If it's one or the other now, and likely the other down the road, get the SB or shell out for an RC if you can find one. Truth is, there is a good chance you'll end up getting both anyway.
View Quote
Lol, it will never be one and done! I also have the nt4 itch.. but It be will be a long time before I scratch it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
I went with the NT4 but then AU had that sale on the RC's and couldn't pass that up so bought one of those too. I'm happy with both but the ole' corn cob doubles as a secondary weapon all by itself with the weight of it.

There's just something magical about the RC on a MK18....should have a warning label " makes grown men giggle like a little girl".
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By compuvette:

I've got a pair of SB's.  Honestly they are great cans.  I've debated buying an NT4 but the ONLY reason for me is clone threads.  I'd say if it's your first suppressor the SB is a better choice.  The mount is much better and it's also a lower back pressure can.

If you want to try an SB or other cans, just drop me a line and we'll set something up.
View Quote
That's awesome.  I will take you up in that offer next time we both have a Saturday or Sunday free to burn. I honestly thought you had an nt4. The lower back pressure is a nice plus, but I already have the qdss on all but 1. Wouldn't take much to swap em all for 3p's. I will definitely end up with multiple cans, knowing my impulsivity, but don't want more than 1 suppressor in each caliber 556, 762, 9,45. Things would get outta hand quick if I started buying multiples. Although an nt4 and sb would make the perfect pair. Then it'll be "oh, I may as well build a mk12 and get an aem5 while I'm at it.

View Quote
That's what I'm afraid of.

Originally Posted By 5pt56:

I went with the NT4 but then AU had that sale on the RC's and couldn't pass that up so bought one of those too. I'm happy with both but the ole' corn cob doubles as a secondary weapon all by itself with the weight of it.

There's just something magical about the RC on a MK18....should have a warning label " makes grown men giggle like a little girl".
View Quote
Socom sb pros:
1.) lower back pressure.
2.) improved mounting
3.) cheaper
4.) I love to giggle like a little girl

socom sb cons:
1.) not an nt4
2.) not a socom rc
3.) only partial credit for clone correctness
4.) none I can think of

nt4 pros:
1.) it's an nt4
2.) I already have 3 mounts.
3.) its an nt4
4.) Its correct clone wise.

nt4 cons:
1.) price
2.) availability can be hit or miss. Get one when you can find it.
3.) longer?
4.) slightly heavier? Can't remember if they ended up being really close with mounts added.

well, it seems that however awesome the nt4 is, it'd mostly be an impulse buy based on it being an nt4. The sb, while not technically correct, is damn close enough, and will be cheaper and easier on my rifles. Now that I think I have my mind made up, watch em be out of stock
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#45]
That's awesome.  I will take you up in that offer next time we both have a Saturday or Sunday free to burn. I honestly thought you had an nt4. The lower back pressure is a nice plus, but I already have the qdss on all but 1. Wouldn't take much to swap em all for 3p's. I will definitely end up with multiple cans, knowing my impulsivity, but don't want more than 1 suppressor in each caliber 556, 762, 9,45. Things would get outta hand quick if I started buying multiples. Although an nt4 and sb would make the perfect pair. Then it'll be "oh, I may as well build a mk12 and get an aem5 while I'm at it.
That's what I'm afraid of.

Socom sb pros:
1.) lower back pressure.
2.) improved mounting
3.) cheaper
4.) I love to giggle like a little girl

socom sb cons:
1.) not an nt4
2.) not a socom rc
3.) only partial credit for clone correctness
4.) none I can think of

nt4 pros:
1.) it's an nt4
2.) I already have 3 mounts.
3.) its an nt4
4.) Its correct clone wise.

nt4 cons:
1.) price
2.) availability can be hit or miss. Get one when you can find it.
3.) longer?
4.) slightly heavier? Can't remember if they ended up being really close with mounts added.

well, it seems that however awesome the nt4 is, it'd mostly be an impulse buy based on it being an nt4. The sb, while not technically correct, is damn close enough, and will be cheaper and easier on my rifles. Now that I think I have my mind made up, watch em be out of stock
View Quote
The SB does have a brighter flash than a RC, not as bad just shooting but definitely more noticeable under nods.

Not to throw a wrench and more bad thoughts your way.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I had a tan NT4 in order with my dealer for my first can. After a month I got impatient and let him talk me into an AAC M4-2000. I regret that everyday. The M4-2K is a good can, but it’s not an NT4. I wasn’t even into cloning but it would have made it much easier.

I have the SOCOM 556RC now and it’s badass. I love it. The mounting system is one of my favorites.  It quite as quiet to me as my M4-2000, but it’s clone so I love it more. I guess if I ever do a HK416 then I’ll have the m4-2000 already.

Anyways that’s a tough choice between the NT4 and any SOCOM can.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#47]
NT4 first. Buy them all.

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#48]
That Class 3 anti peasantry.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Nuh uh..
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Idk what you do for a living besides the You tubez, but you suck.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1082 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top