Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 874 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By footsoldier9th:
Finally posting pics of my works in progress. Still waiting on SBR approval but here is my cqbr and mk18 mod 0 so far.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/nathan_long2/IMG_9982_zps23dm9jdp.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/nathan_long2/IMG_9968_zpsqkuoabei.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/nathan_long2/IMG_9976_zpshyhzsikj.jpg
View Quote
You should buy my Aimpoint

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
http://i.imgur.com/pVsOHMj.jpg
View Quote
I want that Dive Sup sweat shirt

CD
CDQC-85'
Div Sup-92'
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By cpwilliams74:
I have a thing for old beat up mags, I saw this colt 20 rounder with no finish left on it and I had to have it. I have to say it looks hella cool in my cqbr. I picked up a colt tear drop FA as well, cant wait for that sucker to show up in the mail.

https://flic.kr/p/SxHvWA
View Quote
I love me some old worn mags too. I stumbled upon a couple very early 20 rounders that I use the crap out of.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Do we see magpul mbus very much on issued guns?
View Quote
Not issued sights, some my have privately purchased.

CD
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
"Just the tip"

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
And in today's CQBR news... (First paragraph) Due to his location and profession/join date etc it seems legit to me. Looks like MRO's are starting to make their way in. One would think private purchase but dude said their whole unit made the swap so Idk....

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Wonder if they are using aftermarket mounts or trijicon mounts.

geissele mounts showing up under MRO's wouldn't surprise me to much.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Any Units using the black PEQ15?

Just ordered one and am wondering how clone correct it is?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I laugh at the documented battery issues with the MRO but how people huff and puff at the EOTech shift. lol.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DavaiDavai:
Any Units using the black PEQ15?

Just ordered one and am wondering how clone correct it is?
View Quote
Yep. Just as legit, just in smaller numbers. Similar to the amount of PEQ-15A's issued. (Dbal's)
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome, I plan on doing this soon and appreciate the pictures for reference. Can we get some assembly mock up pics? What are your plans for the bare aluminum?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#13]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
I laugh at the documented battery issues with the MRO but how people huff and puff at the EOTech shift. lol.
View Quote
At this rate by 2018 we'll be back to iron sights.

The T1 is also being called out in the optics forum for some kind of parallax issue type deal. Don't really know how to explain it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#14]
There a real PEQ 15 on GB?
Should i stay away?
Anyones thoughts if its real?

peq auction?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:42:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#15]
Originally Posted By DavaiDavai:
There a real PEQ 15 on GB?
Should i stay away?
Anyones thoughts if its real?

peq auction?
View Quote
Have you reached out to them? They're not that rare, I've had several as have others in this thread. The big issue is no repairs if it takes a dump on you, so be careful (from what I understand).

Price seems high anyways. I know they're down on power, but I'd probably just score a used ATPIAL-C.

Also, dumb question - what model Aimpoint do I have posted on the rifle at the top of the page? I've been away for a long time and can't remember which Aimpoint it is...
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:40:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#16]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

The T1 is also being called out in the optics forum for some kind of parallax issue type deal. Don't really know how to explain it.
View Quote
Eric is a good dude. I took a class with him, for Delta guy. Used 416s, and showed up some badass footage during a two-day night vision course. I can't speak for the testing he is doing, but I saw first hand the T1 issues relating to NODs, and so did the student with the T1.

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Gonna try the AFG one last time, sure makes using the dual switch easier. 

I miss using my ctr but need the damn battery storage lol.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:58:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#18]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Dunno if it's already been said but brownells has mk18 uppers without the BCG for around $800-900.  Looks like they don't have the laser mk18 marked on the side either
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Phildo:
Dunno if it's already been said but brownells has mk18 uppers without the BCG for around $800-900.  Looks like they don't have the laser mk18 marked on the side either
View Quote
Says stripped with hand guard only but gives barrel specs
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CAP93:

Says stripped with hand guard only but gives barrel specs
View Quote
Correct but on the picture it shows the barrel without a muzzle device maybe that's what they mean.  They have the full one (out of stock) that has the flashhider and BCG so maybe that's the difference.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
I never stopped.  I bought a PRO and I think I still shoot better with irons.  I know I will be flamed for it, but this dog is having a hard time learning that new trick.  So many times I get double vision when trying to shoot my RDS.  But I don't with irons.  It's weird.   I see the advantages of an RDS though.  But I don't know.   Maybe it's like computer screens, the more you look at the red dot, the more it will mess your eyes up.  LOL.    I vote for a non electronic world.  

This would be me defending my house at night anyways.  Well, without the grenade and pistol and pants.  Probably in my underwear.  I do sleep with a turban on though.  

And who  and fault Kyle for using what works......  

And then there is CD, who I know uses optics, but love this pic....

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#23]
I never stopped.  I bought a PRO and I think I still shoot better with irons.  I know I will be flamed for it, but this dog is having a hard time learning that new trick.  So many times I get double vision when trying to shoot my RDS.  But I don't with irons.  It's weird.   I see the advantages of an RDS though.  But I don't know.   Maybe it's like computer screens, the more you look at the red dot, the more it will mess your eyes up.  LOL.    I vote for a non electronic world.  

This would be me defending my house at night anyways.  Well, without the grenade and pistol and pants.  Probably in my underwear.  I do sleep with a turban on though.  

http://i.imgur.com/AQOcJCF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/asI6OF9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R4i4Q6g.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X1VtAR4.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://i.imgur.com/AQOcJCF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/asI6OF9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R4i4Q6g.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X1VtAR4.jpg
Some people are just better with irons nothing wrong with that. You've been using iron sights your whole life, and I have a feeling you got some vision issues going on so I would just use whatever feels best for you.

Something else you could consider (I don't know how well your eyes do with non illuminated style crosshairs?) is a TA01 or TA01NSN. Super clear glass but the reticle and BDC is solid black during the day, and is only visibly illuminated in low light. I actually really liked the amber colored tritium in the NSN. Kind of wish the tritium in my TA31 was amber instead of red
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I think they offer a TA31 with an amber reticle don't they?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:07:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#25]
I did 90% of my quals with irons when I was in. I don't see any problem with maintaining proficiency with them. The only time it will really bite you is if you ever intend on shooting with NV.

Interesting to see the move to MROs (allegedly). Our SWAT dropped EOTechs and made the switch to MROs on issued rifles. Never had a problem with my MROs, but I also never noticed a problem with my EOTechs.

Originally Posted By TNW:
I think they offer a TA31 with an amber reticle don't they?
View Quote
Yeah, they do. Maybe that's an option for you to check out @JJREA.

ETA: And not clone correct, but other etched reticle sights may yield better results for you, like the Trijicon TriPower.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Correct but on the picture it shows the barrel without a muzzle device maybe that's what they mean.  They have the full one (out of stock) that has the flashhider and BCG so maybe that's the difference.
View Quote
What's up with the logo on the upper? Is this an older batch or something
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
I did 90% of my quals with irons when I was in. I don't see any problem with maintaining proficiency with them. The only time it will really bite you is if you ever intend on shooting with NV.

Interesting to see the move to MROs (allegedly). Our SWAT dropped EOTechs and made the switch to MROs on issued rifles. Never had a problem with my MROs, but I also never noticed a problem with my EOTechs.

Yeah, they do. Maybe that's an option for you to check out @JJREA.

ETA: And not clone correct, but other etched reticle sights may yield better results for you, like the Trijicon TriPower.
View Quote
The tripower is an etched reticle?  That  I didn't realize.  I don't even see them anymore.  

Milspec, I've resigned to the fact that I want or need a TA-44, if I'm going to put an optic on my HD gun.  Or a LPV.  But the TA-44 would be much lighter than a 1-4.   Now to just fine a grand laying around......  

That's for the encouragement guys.  I get flamed for liking irons and saying so.  But from what I can tell, they work.  Just maybe not as well as an RDS when an RDS works for you.  The little bit I shot an eotech, I didn't get the double vision like I do with the AP.  So I'm not sure if I would if I shot it more.  My buddy has one and I need to try his some more.  My Dad always told me "Don't get old".  That's not working though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#28]
It's 10.3, so it's kinda half assed, but it's probably temporary until I find a compM2 + wilcox mount.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:
It's 10.3, so it's kinda half assed, but it's probably temporary until I find a compM2 + wilcox mount.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260264/LRM-EXPORT-20170322-234915-171910.JPG
View Quote
Looks good man!
Just buy this one!

How's that HK upper doing?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:19:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NothingClever] [#30]

View Quote
It's easy to explain. Him and the civilians he teaches found it. Not the tens of millions of prior users. Not professional shooters. Not military's.

Him and his merry men. Clown shoes is what it is.

Some people need to realize there are barely passing C students in every profession. Just like doctors and lawyers.

To top it off he is arrogant enough to think he is qualified to do a blind study on it to produce data for us....*rolls eyes*
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#31]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260264/LRM-EXPORT-20170322-234915-171910.JPG
View Quote
This is sick!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Fsp's are cool.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have pics of a CQBR with a Geissele rail? A buddy of mine at work is considering this setup.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:26:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#35]
Originally Posted By AZJBT:
Anyone have pics of a CQBR with a Geissele rail? A buddy of mine at work is considering this setup.
View Quote
Like this un? (not mine)

Hotlinked to preserve the sanctity of this thread.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
That's it... going to drink tonight or tomorrow and paint my MK18... wont look as cool as yours but im optimistic...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

I know you guys know your shit what's up!?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I have no idea what logo you're talking about
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#39]

I know you guys know your shit what's up!?
View Quote
What upper?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes, that's the older style. They started with the current engravings when they started offering more than one caliber in a platform, to avoid confusion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Yes, that's the older style. They started with the current engravings when they started offering more than one caliber in a platform, to avoid confusion.
View Quote
Clearly good to go still?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
I remember AR_Ryan saying they used a different logo on the receivers that come from DD's Pro Shop too but I can't remember if it was that logo or not. Either way I'd rather have this one than the regular one
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

Lol its purely cosmetic bro. Doesn't matter one bit
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:15:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#45]
Man. I paid less than that for a complete one 3 years ago. From a dealer.
That said, times change and I may snag one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#46]
It looks like the barrel is longer than 10.3 to me. Idk though, no expert. Just seems like it hangs out more than any other pics of mk18s I've seen
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#47]
It looks like the barrel is longer than 10.3 to me. Idk though, no expert. Just seems like it hangs out more than any other pics of mk18s I've seen
View Quote
Seeing the threads is prob what's throwing you off, I could see how that would be a possibility. Remember the muzzle device doesn't stick out fully past the end of the portion of barrel shown, but threads onto it.

In other words its a 10.3 but looks funny cause threads showing
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Yes. Daniel Defense moved to the newer logos (etched MK18, M4A1, etc), but they still use their old logo on custom built uppers and guns.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
Just get an NT4 and go for this:

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGreatDanton] [#50]
Drunk double tap
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 874 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top