Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 632 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
DD CS is legit, and the girls on the phone always sound hot.  Georgia charm and southern hospitality is on point!
View Quote

I just checked - I have 6 screws if anyone needs them.

I guess Johnny Tsunami gets first dibs because he brought it up first.

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
DD CS is the best I've personally ever seen. Caroline is awesome. I couldn't get one of my rails to zero at all. What I mean is the BUIS's were so far shifted it wasn't even funny. The rail seemed to not be straight. If I looked at the end of the barrel, it was canted to one side of the whole in the end of the rail and no matter what I did, I couldn't correct it.

I pm'ed Caroline here on ARF and she get me a new mounting collar, screws, barrel nut etc, no questions asked which fixed the issue. From the time I pm'ed her til I got them was like 72 hours.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Similar experience.  They're great.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:42:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#4]
I filled out that EOTech RMA as soon as I saw LAV has posted that message. I'm not expecting to get a reply til Monday but I think for right now I'm going to ride it out. I've NEVER had an issue with an EOTech product and I've been running them since they first came out.

My only concern was the long term "what if". Worst case scenario I get a couple few more years before I have issues and I buy a new optic if they no longer fix them or support them. My current EOTech was produced Feb 2015 so I'm thinking I will get my money out of it before it develops issues.

Who knows, maybe they come out with a new model and offer free upgrades. I mean if they are willing to do a full refund now, seems like it would be more cost effective for them to offer free replacement upgraded model.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I love Georgia peach
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:39:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#6]
Son,.....of,.....a.......BITCH! I just quoted like 10 people, and copied it all so it ended up in one post, and I wrote all this shit, and then i accidentially copied something else and it deleted my whole friggin' post. Now I gotta write this shit all over again. Uhh... God damned Georgia peach...

Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

You were in 5th? Did you know Jack Murphy? I don't know him personally, I just end up reading a lot of his articles on SOFREP, lol.

Anyway, it's still broken, but I actually think I like the old 552 better than my 553...

View Quote

Yes, I know Jack but never served with him in 5th.  I did meet him while I was in 5th and at the All Army Matches at Benninng in 05'.  He was in the 75th Rangers there and we got squaded together the whole week.  He would shoot and I would spot/observe for him and vice versa.  He shot a M16A2 and I shot my go to war M4A1 both in stock configuration to 500 yds (I won a case of Mk262 ammo that time).  Second time I meet him was when he was in the 18B course at Bragg with my son.  My son would bring him over to the house and we would shoot together.  Last time I saw him was when he was in Robin Sage and I was an instructor there.  Both boys gradulated the Q course, small world at times.

CD
View Quote

Anyway, that's awesome, I'm glad I asked. From reading his articles, he seems like a cool dude. Seems like I end up reading a lot of his. Same with Brandon Webb. I was just reading Webb's secret spy bar crawl in Kiev, and I'm jealous. Sounded pretty fun. And I was actually very enthusiastic the first time I wrote that, lol.

And on to the next, lol. Let's try and NOT fuck this up this time. Fuckin' clipboard.......*mumble* *mumble*

Originally Posted By brodband8:

I'm like this most nights.  A lot of it can be stress.  You've got your days/nights mixed up, etc.

Pop an Ambien and I'm positive it will put you out.
View Quote

Yeh, I'm already taking decent doses of prescribed benzo's before bed to help, and still nothing. But yet, I'll be tired as hell just as 7am starts to roll around. I seem to sleep like a baby in my damn computer chair when I don't want to, lol.

Originally Posted By developer:
Johnny Sasaki,  just rub one out man! lol
View Quote

I was seriously thinking about it, lol. Even more so now with all this talk of Georgia, and peaches.........

Originally Posted By TNW:
IM me your address and I'll get you some screws
View Quote

I really appreciate the offer, but I don't want to put you out with shipping and all that bullshit. If other people need them, they can have them. If DD customer service is as good (and hot sounding ) as I hear, then I should be GTO. I gotta call enough people tomorrow anyway, lol. Thanks for the offer though.

Okay, I think I got it this time, and even more efficient than the last time I tried,.....this exact same thing..., lol. Now watch my computer explode right before I hit subm...........jk.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#7]
CQBR and CQBP

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Built the middle upper today with a  Govt profile 14.5" bbl.  Top has a SOCOM 14.5" bbl, bottom has a 10.3" Govt profile bbl.  All barrels are Colt 1/7.  Of course the BCG is inside the receivers, head spaced.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_1235_uppers.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_1234_uppers.jpg

CD
View Quote

You ready to hand your job over to MILSPEC yet?

I love building my clones, i can only imagine how much that would be intensified if it was on a wider scale and paid for by Uncle Sugar.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, I love me a 1911. I was to sell my STI race gun and get a Wilson Combat. Supergrade, if I win the lottery. That Les Baer Ultimate Master looks mighty fine as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I need to figure out what will replace my 231's......MRO looks like the front runner or used M2 from the EE.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I need to figure out what will replace my 231's......MRO looks like the front runner or used M2 from the EE.
View Quote

Those are my front runners. In order-

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:27:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#12]
View Quote

30mm aimpoint all day.

get the PRO over the M2, the 2MOA is worth it and no one will know the difference. (I have both)
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:27:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#13]
If I get full retail return from EOT, I will have plenty left over to help with my REPR/Recce/SPR build.......should be fun!

Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
View Quote

30mm aimpoint all day.

get the PRO over the M2, the 2MOA is worth it and no one will know the difference.
View Quote

Good point....should be easy finding enough options on EE.  I'm going cheap and easy.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:27:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MCDXXV] [#14]
View Quote

The .gov just needs to hurry up and announce the MRO as the 231 replacement.

ETA: So we will see a FDE MRO.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AZJBT:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

paint!!!

[]***
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

That's the only time we will ever see those 2 words/abbrev's in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Comp M2, 3, or 4

TA31

MRO

(in descending order )
View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4

TA31

MRO

(in descending order )

Why not just wait it out and see what EOTech does? L3/EOTech is not going under, they are a HUGE company. Who knows they could make a new model and if they are willing to give full refunds now, maybe they will upgrade those of us who wait it out? I'm sure they will still warranty any other issues.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:31:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#18]
So true....hurry up and wait.  

I just hope my refund doesn't take too long, but I'm dug in for the long haul.

Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Why not just wait it out and see what EOTech does? L3/EOTech is not going under, they are a HUGE company. Who knows they could make a new model and if they are willing to give full refunds now, maybe they will upgrade those of us who wait it out? I'm sure they will still warranty any other issues.

View Quote

And run my clones naked with just BUIS?  Blasphemy!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )

Doesn't matter what happens to them as for my choices. I already traded off my eotechs, and it had nothing to do with the drama going on. I just needed the parts I traded them off for, and I'm ready for something different in the optics dept.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Based on what we are seeing with Govt agencies, I bet they go with the Micro.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )
View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )

M2 is best Aimpoint

Scored it with the Wilcox mount off of the EE for $200

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone here have a spare LMT BUIS?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

M2 is best Aimpoint

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/B77A042D-D7BF-479A-811C-A6384B9FC484_zpsrko4aevl.jpg
View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )

M2 is best Aimpoint

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/B77A042D-D7BF-479A-811C-A6384B9FC484_zpsrko4aevl.jpg

What a steal!!! Wish I would have seen that!
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )

M2 is best Aimpoint

It's been almost 2 years since I snagged that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#25]

M2 is best Aimpoint

View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )

M2 is best Aimpoint

Not gonna lie.. That is sexy.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:50:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#26]
Seriously guys, what's the difference between the M2, 3, 4, and the PRO? Anything big, or is it just for clone correct purposes? I've been thinking T2 for a while now, but the pro is so much cheaper, and if M2's are going for $200-300 I'd be on that shit like white on rice.

Edit: New thread, damnit. Let me see if I can snag a new pic...

Edit: Okay, I got a couple. It's getting hard to find new original ways of snapping pics of the same damn gun. Should be getting some paint and a couple CQD sling mounts soon though. :)

LrMobile0612-2015-0419605719198226445 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

Real life FPS. :)

LrMobile0612-2015-0440605800682586359 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

LrMobile0612-2015-0428606028271499718 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

LrMobile0612-2015-0400605940184866717 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Seriously guys, what's the difference between the M2, 3, 4, and the PRO? Anything big, or is it just for clone correct purposes? I've been thinking T2 for a while now, but the pro is so much cheaper, and if M2's are going for $200-300 I'd be on that shit like white on rice.

View Quote

The difference of the M2 to the PRO is basically the same as the difference of the T1 and H1. The T1 and M2 are built to hold up to military use, and the H1/PRO are built to slightly lower "specs"

Think of it similar to the L.E. grip pod vs. Military grip pod.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )

M2 is best Aimpoint

I like it. My love for it kinda ebbs and flows. For a long time, it'll sit in the safe and I'll never look at it or worry about parts for it. Then I'll take it out to shoot it or spend some time in here and it'll spark back up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Battery life between the 2 and 3 are about the only difference (I think you could get the dot in 2 different sizes in the 3 but only one size in the 2 as well). The M4 was a whole new design that was much more robust (but also more bulky) and a far better battery life. The PRO is just a M2/3 without the specs that the military required and thus a lower price point.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )

Are they having issues with the magnifiers too? Otherwise keep my G33, and use it with the new optic they choose.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Are they having issues with the magnifiers too? Otherwise keep my G33, and use it with the new optic they choose.
View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4
TA31
MRO

(in descending order )

I wouldn't let the EO drama effect your choice unless they all out ban EO's and you match your clones to boot. The whole thing Is overblown/overhyped. And like I said, had nothing to do with my decision.

P.S. no, SOCOM didn't mention any issues with the G33 in the warnings, and I didn't see anything about it for the lawsuit either.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#32]
That is sexy.....Most of the used M2's i've seen in EE range around $300 in pretty good condition.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Comp M2, 3, or 4

TA31

MRO

(in descending order )

No issues with the G33's, no electronics in them! The G33 has been one of the best magnifiers I've ever seen. So clear!

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#34]

The difference of the M2 to the PRO is basically the same as the difference of the T1 and H1. The T1 and M2 are built to hold up to military use, and the H1/PRO are built to slightly lower "specs"

View All Quotes

Then why would Aimpoint discontinue the M3? I assume the M3 is just a newer version of the M2 (of course, my ignorance on aimpoints is obviously showing here, so I could be wrong). I mean, that M4 looks heavy as all hell. I'd take a T2, or M2/3 any day over that huge and odd looking thing. But I guess that's just personal preference. For all I know the M4 and M4s could be the shit, but when I'm looking to put something other than an Eotech on one of my SBR's, I'd like that optic to be lighter than holy shit heavy, if you catch my drift.

I was also wondering if they changed/upgraded the dot on the newer models. I know the T1 had a very noticeable weird oval/slash shaped dot when magnified, and the T2 apparently fixed that and made the glass clearer as well.

This is what I'm talking about:

Also, I'm updating the top post with pics Because, thread edicate. ;)
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:47:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4A1] [#35]

View All Quotes

Comp M2 - 4MOA
Comp M3 - 2MOA
****The Comp M3 was never "mil-spec," the M68CCO, went straight from the CompM2 to the CompM4.****
Comp M4 - 2 MOA - Upgraded battery life 80,000 hours (will run continuously for 8 years on a single AA battery)

T1 - Night Vision compatible (Water submersible to 83 feet)
H1 - No Night Vision compatibility (Not as water submersible, only 15 feet)

Aimpoint Pro - 2 MOA - Was built and designed as a lower cost alternative for patrol use - 30,000 hours (3.4 years continuous use)

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Then why would Aimpoint discontinue the M3? I assume the M3 is just a newer version of the M2 (of course, my ignorance on aimpoints is obviously showing here, so I could be wrong). I mean, that M4 looks heavy as all hell. I'd take a T2, or M2/3 any day over that huge and odd looking thing. But I guess that's just personal preference. For all I know the M4 and M4s could be the shit, but when I'm looking to put something other than an Eotech on one of my SBR's, I'd like that optic to be lighter than holy shit heavy, if you catch my drift.

I was also wondering if they changed/upgraded the dot on the newer models. I know the T1 had a very noticeable weird oval/slash shaped dot when magnified, and the T2 apparently fixed that and made the glass clearer as well.

http://shwat.com/Portals/0/Images/BlogPics/J-Owen/Aimpoint/Compare-T1-T2Dots-4-up.jpg

View All Quotes

http://shwat.com/Portals/0/Images/BlogPics/J-Owen/Aimpoint/Compare-T1-T2Dots-4-up.jpg

The Aimpoint Comp M3 has 50,000 hours of battery life, the Comp M4 has 80,000... The internal technology in the Comp M4 is far superior.  That's why they discontinued the M3, the M4 is the replacement for the M3.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By M4A1:

Comp M2 - 4MOA
Comp M3 - 2MOA
****The Comp M3 was never "mil-spec," the M68CCO, went straight from the CompM2 to the CompM4.****
Comp M4 - 2 MOA - Upgraded battery life 80,000 hours (will run continuously for 8 years on a single AA battery)

T1 - Night Vision compatible
H1 - No Night Vision compatibility (built as tough as the T1, without night vision)

Aimpoint Pro - 2 MOA - Was built and designed as a lower cost alternative for patrol use - 30,000 hours (3.4 years continuous use)

View All Quotes

Comp M2 - 4MOA
Comp M3 - 2MOA

H1 - No Night Vision compatibility (built as tough as the T1, without night vision)

That's not the only difference between the T1 and H1. I compared the specs side by side, and now I'm having trouble pulling it up as the aimpoint website is making me download bullshit to find it
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Aimpoint better figure out how to make a tan factory finish in a hurry then. Not to mention weapon mounted white lights, lasers, and all the other shit L3 produces for avionics, etc.(on US soil).

I'm going to predict EO remains, maybe after some mechanical improvements. Otherwise, why would they spend all this money on refunds and the gov settlement? From a business standpoint, the only way that makes sense is if they know they'll get another contract. If they have no assurances, they're just burning money giving out refunds. I'm hoping to get some good deals on refurbs that were sent in with no problems in the first place.

Lots of products get improvements with newer generations and don't fix or refund the older ones. You think Glock would refund all the gen 1, 2, 3 owners because they don't have gen 4 improvements? Or gen 1, 2, 2+ NV? Surefire giving out refunds for incan lights with burned out bulbs? No way.

They know they'll make the money up in the future, it's a short term sacrifice for long term benefit. L3 has more info than the public does about this situation.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#39]

That's not the only difference between the T1 and H1. I compared the specs side by side, and now I'm having trouble pulling it up as the aimpoint website is making me download bullshit to find it
View All Quotes

Comp M2 - 4MOA
Comp M3 - 2MOA

I think the water depth requirements are a bit less with the H1
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Comp M2 - 4MOA
Comp M3 - 2MOA

As well as temp ratings. And something else.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4A1] [#41]

View All Quotes

Comp M2 - 4MOA
Comp M3 - 2MOA

You caught me mid fix, the H1 is not as water Submersible (15 feet), T1 (83 feet), I was editing my post...

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Those T1 numbers are impressive.  Are we getting a free pass on optics, while we wait for all the BS to get sorted out?    I see an MRO on my 1.5/PR in the near future.....
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Those T1 numbers are impressive.  Are we getting a free pass on optics, while we wait for all the BS to get sorted out?    I see an MRO on my 1.5/PR in the near future.....
View Quote

Only if you buy or loan me one, until I can afford an optic.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorta relevant.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Now there is the slightly improved T2 as well
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
Sorta relevant.

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/78A43582-9509-43E4-88C9-34CF2DE2A84E_zpssvwvgqyq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/78A43582-9509-43E4-88C9-34CF2DE2A84E_zpssvwvgqyq.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Yeah, and for what, like 20 american pesos more? Why would buy a T1 at this point?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Yeah, and for what, like 20 american pesos more? Why would buy a T1 at this point?
View All Quotes

A lot of my buddies got the T2 when it first came out, and ended up selling it and going back to the T1. The overall concensus from them was that it was overhyped, and the biggest improvement was only when in use with a magnifier.

It wasn't a flop, but the T1 is still more popular than the T2 now that it's been out for a while.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Wait, improved T2?  And T1's are super cheap now?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#50]
wth Wilcox for $200????

i shouldve kept mine. I sold it for $50 a year ago
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 632 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top