User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 619 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#1]
Y'all be careful buying 4 prongs now...

That 50-60 dollar airsoft 4 prong works on real guns.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Wheres the best place with the best price on a SOCOM can?

Looking for a Socom 762 RC or RC2.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

View Quote

AU
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

+1

I should start doing it now for OPSEC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
Why is there a Blacken out spot on the Surefire light? It make no sense.

I don't know the guy, but I have a feeling it's there to make people ask that question.

+1

I should start doing it now for OPSEC.

Just some SWAT cop who drinks his own kool aid on Instagram
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

AU
View All Quotes

AU

He's right. Not the best place... but the best price.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By sbye:

View All Quotes

AU

That's where I got mine.. I doubt I'd do any more business w/ them though.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:20:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#7]

https://youtu.be/1eDdNT2TU_4
View Quote
That doesn't appear as though it was intended to be for Airsoft. Airsoft AEG and GBB's use 14mm negative and positive thread.
Looks like someone just didn't feel like paying $400.00 dollars for one. What's his name here in the thread made one too. Stoner or whatever his name is.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]

AU
View All Quotes

AU

Yeah.........if you don't care about ever seeing it
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drewQ22:

AU

You ACTUALLY got something from them? Who'd you fellate?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

AU

OOS anyways. So that's either good news or bad news

6 one way, half a dozen the other.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Shooting on Black Friday... No shopping

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Looking for a poster/ad that was posted a while ago. Was I believe MARSOC Marine Raiders. Has a guy with an Mk18 with an EXPS3.0-Tan, I think g33 on it. Anyone have it? I forgot what page it's on.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Looking for a poster/ad that was posted a while ago. Was I believe MARSOC Marine Raiders. Has a guy with an Mk18 with an EXPS3.0-Tan, I think g33 on it. Anyone have it? I forgot what page it's on.
View Quote

Could it be this one with the 553? No magnifier though....
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:03:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#14]
Not that one. Yeah crap I can't find it anywhere.
*Edit* Found it... Was this one.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
Why is there a Blacken out spot on the Surefire light? It make no sense.
View Quote

I'd assume he has some sort of initials or number on it that he doesn't want on the internet. I know lots of guys who mark their gear.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Helmet goals.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:37:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#17]

Not a Black Friday deal but hey!
Picked up a used but LNIB EOTech G33.STS-TAN tonight for $325.00, doesn't look like it was ever mounted.
Was supposed to be $375.00 but was missing the box and riser mount. When
the seller said he didn't have the box I made sure to ASK if he has the
riser mount and he said yes. I asked because it was not mounted ON the
magnifier in the pictures he has texted me. When I got there he did not
have the riser and said he misunderstood what I was asking for. He
thought I meant the mount that just connects it to the rail as that
raises it up. Talked him down $50.00 because he felt bad that I was
making an hour and a half round trip for the deal and I was going to
have to "buy" the missing part and screws. Plus I was supposed to get it a couple weeks ago but the dude kept telling me he was busy blah blah.
I just happened to hit my LGS/Smith on the way home to see if MAYBE they
might have one and sure as shit he found one in a bin-o-parts and just
gave it to me, screws and all.

Well I thought it was cool! :)

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:41:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#18]
That doesn't appear as though it was intended to be for Airsoft. Airsoft AEG and GBB's use 14mm negative and positive thread.

Looks like someone just didn't feel like paying $400.00 dollars for one. What's his name here in the thread made one too. Stoner or whatever his name is.

View All Quotes

Nah, I already posted about this company a while back.  They make airsoft 4 prongs in the airsoft 14mm and also in 1/2x28 thread.  That video was showcasing their 1/2x28 being fired on a real gun.

Look them up on facebook, I don't think they have a website.

heres their facebook page btw.

https://www.facebook.com/haoptwart/

I may be interested in trying one for the 55 or so dollars they are asking for it lol.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:45:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Nah, I already posted about this company a while back.  They make airsoft 4 prongs in the airsoft 14mm and also in 1/2x28 thread.  That video was showcasing their 1/2x28 being fired on a real gun.

I may be interested in trying one for the 55 or so dollars they are asking for it lol.

View All Quotes

Buy it NOW. Surefire it going to rape them.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I hope surefire does rape them. They have to have a patent on that bitch. I also think it's retarded that they call it a muzzle brake. How the fuck is a SF4P copy a brake? Either they don't know the difference, or are avoiding calling it a flash hider to not get sued. I'm going with option number one again. (Retardation)
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I hope surefire does rape them. They have to have a patent on that bitch. I also think it's retarded that they call it a muzzle brake. How the fuck is a SF4P copy a brake? Either they don't know the difference, or are avoiding calling it a flash hider to not get sued. I'm going with option number one again. (Retardation)
View Quote

Think I'm going to agree with you on this one. So many things could go wrong with that if the materials used and quality control isn't on par with what it needs to be. I have no problem with people tossing replica LA-5's or replica WMX200's on their builds as long as they know they are fake but those don't have bullets passing threw them at high speeds.

Some jackass it going to buy some up and pawn them off at gun shows and they are going to get into the market and someones going to end up getting hurt or blow up a silencer when the things out of spec.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Think I'm going to agree with you on this one. So many things could go wrong with that if the materials used and quality control isn't on par with what it needs to be. I have no problem with people tossing replica LA-5's or replica WMX200's on their builds as long as they know they are fake but those don't have bullets passing threw them at high speeds.

Some jackass it going to buy some up and pawn them off at gun shows and they are going to get into the market and someones going to end up getting hurt or blow up a silencer when the things out of spec.

View All Quotes

From the pics on their page, you can tell the difference between theirs and the real thing, because it has a dimple where someone would pin/weld it normally.  Whereas the real 4 prongs don't.

I'm going to get one, test it out with livefire and see how things hold up.  If its worth a shit for 50-60 bucks I think that's not that bad of a deal and could even go on a .22 conversion upper or something.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#23]

From the pics on their page, you can tell the difference between theirs and the real thing, because it has a dimple where someone would pin/weld it normally.  Whereas the real 4 prongs don't.

I'm going to get one, test it out with livefire and see how things hold up.  If its worth a shit for 50-60 bucks I think that's not that bad of a deal and could even go on a .22 conversion upper or something.
View All Quotes

I have one of the replicas stoner made, need to give that thing a whirl one of these days. I trust stoner's abilities way more than some airsoft geardo.

Also, big shout out to H0AG for the FN CHF CL 14.7 barrel! Thank you brother!! Love me some FN.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:03:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#24]

View All Quotes

HMMMM I didn't think about using one on a .22LR build. I kinda do want one for my Systema PTW Airsoft gun if they have them in 14mm. Actually looking at his FB now, looks like he specializes in Systema PTW stuff.

As far as the dimple, remember... Most people are not as smart as we are! Some idiot would pay like $300.00 for one...

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

So I'm sure I am understanding-

Your receiver extension is tilted noticeably?

That shouldn't happen unless the extension was cross-threaded in the lower...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Originally Posted By BLACKLIGHT:
Ill ask this question in here since a lot of you have the CQD® Rear Sling Mount.  I noticed that on one of mine that im building with this mount, the extension tube was tilted up 3/32 of an inch.  
So I took my caliper to measure  the other four I have and the bottom of the CQD it is thicker than the top.  So this is the cause of it.  

So how much is tolerable of a tilt on the extension tube, and will there be any foreseeable wear problems.   I have a very nice case of OCD and I was about to unsteak the nut and pull it off and take the dermal to the bottom of the CQD where the nut pushes up to it and groove it out.

Sorry for the interruption.

So I'm sure I am understanding-

Your receiver extension is tilted noticeably?

That shouldn't happen unless the extension was cross-threaded in the lower...

With my keen OCD eyes I did notice it was tilted.  From the castle nut to the end of the buffer tube it was tilted up / raised up 3/32 of an inch.  No NOTHING is cross threaded.   The meat of the end plate where the bottom of the castle nut tightens down is thicker then the top of the end plate.  I caliperd it..  SO that is makes it tilt up...  I just want to know

So how much is tolerable of a tilt on the extension tube, and will there be any foreseeable wear problems.   I have a very nice case of OCD and I was about to unsteak the nut and pull it off and take the dermal to the bottom of the CQD where the nut pushes up to it and groove it out.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:10:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#26]
Ended up selling my real Colt LE6920 M4A1 Carbine marked lower... I bought 4 80%'er's and shipped them off to Braceman a few days ago! Doing 2 M4A1's, an FN and a HK 416.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#27]

I have one of the replicas stoner made, need to give that thing a whirl one of these days. I trust stoner's abilities way more than some airsoft geardo.

Also, big shout out to H0AG for the FN CHF CL 14.7 barrel! Thank you brother!! Love me some FN.
View All Quotes

Go on over to a free state and test it for us

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:14:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Ended up selling my real Colt LE6920 M4A1 Carbine marked lower... I bought 4 80%'er's and shipped them off to Braceman a few days ago! Doing 2 M4A1's, an FN and a HK 416.

View Quote

I demand pics.  I've been wanting to get some 80%'ers done through him.  Can't wait to see.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:15:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#29]

View All Quotes

Yeah, but is it worth trusting your can to a knockoff that potentially isn't perfectly aligned to the barrel, and/or made out of cheese grade steel? That could introduce baffle strikes and/or the "brake" and the suppressor flying off the gun and down range because of a shitty airsoft knockoff.

I mean, if you call surefire, will they sell you a 4 prong? If they will, and it's 400 american pesos, then just get the 3 prong. It really doesn't make any difference besides street cred, and the only people who are going to notice are the people who know what the fuck they are talking about,....which essentially limits that to people in this thread (myself not included, lol). And if they will sell you one, and you still just really want one, just shell out the cash for the real deal. Peace of mind is worth it imo.

I remember seeing a KAC flash hider that was like $450 and they said right on the page that literally the only reason they couldn't sell it to you for less (say $150) is because they weren't allowed to sell it to the public for any less than they were charging the government.

Which reminds me, I need to get into the government contracting business. Make a note of that. For whatever reason, the government will pay like 5 times what something is actually worth, and they do it with nearly everything. My tax dollars at work.

Can someone remind me exactly what the big deal is with those 80% lowers? I had a friend give me the skinny a couple weeks ago, but it was a basic rundown, and I forget most of it anyway. What are the advantages? I heard you don't need to register it with the ATF, but don't you still need to do that if you want to SBR it? I know I could do my own research, and I probably will anyway, but I just thought I'd ask, as I'd be willing to bet a lot of people in here know quite a bit about it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Before he gave it to me he made me promise I would never use a suppressor on it, even if I moved to a free state. So unfortunately that's out of the question.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:25:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#31]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

Yeah, but is it worth trusting your can to a knockoff that potentially isn't perfectly aligned to the barrel, and/or made out of cheese grade steel? That could introduce baffle strikes and/or the "brake" and the suppressor flying off the gun and down range because of a shitty airsoft knockoff.

I mean, if you call surefire, will they sell you a 4 prong? If they will, and it's 400 american pesos, then just get the 3 prong. It really doesn't make any difference besides street cred, and the only people who are going to notice are the people who know what the fuck they are talking about,....which essentially limits that to people in this thread (myself not included, lol). And if they will sell you one, and you still just really want one, just shell out the cash for the real deal. Peace of mind is worth it imo.

View Quote

I already have two 4 prongs, this is just something I think would be neat to buy.  I probably wouldn't just go right out and throw a suppressor on it and go to town.

I'd mic everything, check tolerances etc. before I even considered throwing my 556RC on it which is highly unlikely anyways.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#32]

I already have two 4 prongs, this is just something I think would be neat to buy.  I probably wouldn't just go right out and throw a suppressor on it and go to town.

I'd mic everything, check tolerances etc. before I even considered throwing my 556RC on it which is highly unlikely anyways.

View All Quotes

I might be on board for one now that you put the whole .22LR  thought into my head. I have a .22LR upper I built from a CMMG upper and a Madbull Airsoft DD M4A1 RIS II.

I still feel as though my concern with them getting into the market and people trying to scam with them is a legit worry. Plus the whole exploding can thing as we mentioned.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:30:41 AM EDT
[#33]

I might be on board for one now that you put the whole .22LR  thought into my head. I have a .22LR upper I built from a CMMG upper and a Madbull Airsoft DD M4A1 RIS II.

I still feel as though my concern with them getting into the market and people trying to scam with them is a legit worry. Plus the whole exploding can thing as we mentioned.

View All Quotes

Pming you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm done with 4Ps.

I pulled the CQBR out the safe after putting it up last week.

Rifle fine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:42:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm done with 4Ps.

I pulled the CQBR out the safe after putting it up last week.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/BqVbB3" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5695/23254459392_58ea55147c_b.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/BtcsHr" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5730/23280268371_db63fd18b5_b.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/BybKkw" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/698/23336711656_3f19a1c3a0_b.jpg</a>

Rifle fine.
View Quote

Love a dirty girl!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:48:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#36]

View Quote

I wanted one for AGES and now that I finally HAVE one, I'm not 100% sure I like it. I kinda wish I had just gone with the KAC NT4 and silencer but now I've paid for a SOCOM and I'm waiting on a stamp... I might just change to the brake+Warden and use the brake for the can and pick up NT4's for all my real rifles and maybe get a KAC can at some point.

The 4P rings like a damn tuning fork like WHOA.

I kinda want the SFCT-556-1/2X28. Love the love of the new closed tine model.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:51:47 AM EDT
[#37]
The 4P is quiet compared to anything AAC.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:54:59 AM EDT
[#38]
The 4P is quiet compared to anything AAC.
View Quote

I just got a SF MB556K today with my FN barrel. I bet it's going to be hush puppy quiet.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:05:23 AM EDT
[#39]
That company says the 4 prongs are made out of 4140 steel.  For whatever it's worth.  That's what I could find out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:13:30 AM EDT
[#40]
That company says the 4 prongs are made out of 4140 steel.  For whatever it's worth.  That's what I could find out.
View Quote

4140 can't handle as much heat as 4150 CMV (our barrels are made out of 4150)
But I predict it'll work fine for a while, it will destroy itself quicker than 4150 would though. heat/pressure from rapid firing will eventually wear that bitch out. If you do use your can, I would just watch the firing schedule a bit, assuming it even goes on of course.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:20:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#41]

But I predict it'll work fine for a while, it will destroy itself quicker than 4150 would though. heat/pressure from rapid firing will eventually wear that bitch out. If you do use your can, I would just watch the firing schedule a bit, assuming it even goes on of course.
View All Quotes

Actually they make barrels out of 4140 also. Normally 4140's are chrome lined I believe as where 4150's are not always? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember it going like that.

4140 would be more than acceptable for a flash hider, just don't put a can you care about on that bitch! :)

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:36:52 AM EDT
[#42]

Actually they make barrels out of 4140 also. Normally 4140's are chrome lined I believe as where 4150's are not always? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember it going like that.

4140 would be more than acceptable for a flash hider, just don't put a can you care about on that bitch! :)

View All Quotes

4140 barrels are the bottom feeder barrels. Such as the hundred dollar special companies that are too cheap to use a better MIL-SPEC barrel steel. Generally, the 4140 would be the non chrome lined barrel as its the cheaper option and not as high quality. I think you had that part backwards lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#43]

4140 barrels are the bottom feeder barrels. Such as the hundred dollar special companies that are too cheap to use a better MIL-SPEC barrel steel. Generally, the 4140 would be the non chrome lined barrel as its the cheaper option and not as high quality. I think you had that part backwards lol
View All Quotes

Hmmm I'm almost positive I've seen some chromelined.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:26:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#44]

View All Quotes

Like most topics on ar15, this has been discussed at length:

barrel materials

4140 barrel steel

4140 vs 4150 barrels?

Etc... in summary; the material will hold up fine IF it is actual 4140 AISI-SAE spec. It pretty much comes down to tolerances in that case.

Edited to add a qualifier.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#45]
4140 is softer/easier to machine than the mil-spec 4150 steel. Both are produced in chrome-lined variants. Many commercial barrels are produced from 4140 at lower expense and therefore can be sold at lower cost. Most shooters don't know the difference and will never shoot enough to see a difference in performance. That difference is: 4150 stands up to heat mo' betta than 4140 do.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#46]

SNIP

View All Quotes

SNIP

Have you seen this SOCOM series closed-tine muzzle device for sale anywhere?!

...talk about a unicorn
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
4140 is softer/easier to machine than the mil-spec 4150 steel. Both are produced in chrome-lined variants. Many commercial barrels are produced from 4140 at lower expense and therefore can be sold at lower cost. Most shooters don't know the difference and will never shoot enough to see a difference in performance. That difference is: 4150 stands up to heat mo' betta than 4140 do.
View Quote

4140 should be fine for an MD, the biggest factor with longevity for those will be what heat trateatment prosses they have undergone and the steel used. If properly heat treated, they should hold up just as well as anything else I would think, however, for the $50 I doubt they use quality steel and they most likely aren't heat treated as its meant for an airsoft application
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:01:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#48]
Originally Posted By jparish62:

4140 should be fine for an MD, the biggest factor with longevity for those will be what heat trateatment prosses they have undergone and the steel used. If properly heat treated, they should hold up just as well as anything else I would think, however, for the $50 I doubt they use quality steel and they most likely aren't heat treated as its meant for an airsoft application
View All Quotes

I would venture a guess that they use pre-hardened 4140. Probably rockwells in the 32Rc range. 4140 is an oil hardening alloy steel.  It's a good tough steel, but it isn't anything like wparkhat SF uses.  They use stainless, just exactly, they won't/don't say...........but I'm betting it is 17-4PH.  That would fit the application nicely.....heat treats in a furnace, air quench, can be hardened to the high 50's if memory serves me, and can be drawn back to whatever spec they would want, probably low 50's.  I have not hardness tested the SF4P I have.......don't know if I want to put on the tester. (it would leave a pin prick divot)
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

I would venture a guess that they use pre-hardened 4140. Probably rockwells in the 32Rc range. 4140 is an oil hardening alloy steel.  It's a good tough steel, but it isn't anything like wparkhat SF uses.  They use stainless, just exactly, they won't/don't say...........but I'm betting it is 17-4PH.  That would fit the application nicely.....heat treats in a furnace, air quench, can be hardened to the high 50's if memory serves me, and can be drawn back to whatever spec they would want, probably low 50's.  I have not hardness tested the SF4P I have.......don't know if I want to put on the tester. (it would leave a pin prick divot)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

If IIRC, SF uses 404 for their breaks and FHs. Its been a while since I've worked in that shop, but that's what I recall it being.
As for the airsoft ones, I'd be surprised if they are hardened at all as the airsoft application doesn't require it, but none of us can really say for sure.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Someone buy one and send It to Stoner for hardness testing?
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 619 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top