BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 127
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
holy cow, I had to go all the way back to the June 12 backup to get good BCG data. It's been forked for a WHILE without me even noticing. Not a good sign. That clinches it, time to lock the sheets down and add a contributor page....
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
update: PWD is locked down. I added a "submit user data" sheet that will be for that purpose, all the rest is locked. If I get killed in a car wreck, someone here needs to copy/paste all the other sheets data into a new one and be the next admin.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
you could pass the rights to someone else that you trust.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Or don't die...
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: larrys] [#5]
I called Radian about their new LT charging handle hoping for the best. They weighed one while I was on the phone, 1.28 oz.

I asked them if the LT stood for light and she said yes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By larrys:
I called Radian about their new LT charging handle hoping for the best. They weighed one while I was on the phone, 1.28 oz.

View Quote
That weighs more than my Avalanche!
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 2:49:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#8]

View Quote
copy that, it's been added to the pwd! Thanks!

It's hard to blame Radian much for the design of their CH....the naming on the other hand... lol. If you aren't lighter than milspec, you shouldn't bother with the word "light" in your product name. Stoner created an impressive charging handle. Some people don't like the latch or whatever, but still, all these years later a standard milspec charging handle is one of the lightest options available. Sorta like the trigger guard. Impressive design, especially for its time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JerDerv:Or don't die...
View Quote
I'll do my best, lol. Presuming google doesn't just shut down google drive and sheets, the editable-by-anyone system would keep the PWD alive forever. With it locked, then you have to specify someone(s) to take charge in some kind of line of succession. And what if the person you pick 'moves on' and is unreachable? It's just a hassle. Really, the easiest thing to do, that will always work, is just having some volunteer make a copy of the sheets data and share it with a new link...and then maybe put that link on the data submission page of the original so that people can find the current database.

In the meantime, I'll start taking better care of myself....
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

copy that, it's been added to the pwd! Thanks!

It's hard to blame Radian much for the design of their CH....the naming on the other hand... lol. If you aren't lighter than milspec, you shouldn't bother with the word "light" in your product name. Stoner created an impressive charging handle. Some people don't like the latch or whatever, but still, all these years later a standard milspec charging handle is one of the lightest options available. Sorta like the trigger guard. Impressive design, especially for its time.
View Quote
Wait hold everything. I think we should wait until someone orders one and weighs it. I have an AXTS standard Raptor still in package that I weighed at 38 grams 1.34oz. ( and my calibration kit came in the scale is  accurate to the gram)

That's only .06 oz more than what they say the LT weighs???

Maybe the LT doesn't stant for light after all? Luxury Touring, Looney Toons, Low Temp?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Wait hold everything. I think we should wait until someone orders one and weighs it. I have an AXTS standard Raptor still in package that I weighed at 38 grams 1.34oz. ( and my calibration kit came in the scale is  accurate to the gram)

That's only .06 oz more than what they say the LT weighs???

Maybe the LT doesn't stant for light after all? Luxury Touring, Looney Toons, Low Temp?
View Quote
They have an SD model as well, so I'm going to assume that LT is meant to mean light. Judging from their website, it's apparently got polymer somewhere? Is that just on the handles?

I'm going to assume that it's cheaper because they use some polymer, easier to machine etc. Everything else is the same, so assuming that the shaft is aluminum just like the standard Raptor, I would imagine that there wouldn't be a lot of weight savings.

Oh, I got it! Lighter on the wallet!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:45:18 AM EDT
[#12]
After what seems like 2 years, my LW build is almost done. More pics on the ultralight pic thread and instagram, but this is enough thread clutter for our purposes.

Without the mag it's 3.47lbs. Not to shabby. As I mentioned before it definitely could have been lighter in the stock area, the carrier, and the lower...but I had my reasons for picking heavier options there. The gun handles really well. There is soooo little weight out front...it feels almost too light!  
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:09:58 AM EDT
[#13]
After what seems like 2 years, my LW build is almost done. More pics on the ultralight pic thread and instagram, but this is enough thread clutter for our purposes.

https://ck5.com/forums/media/lw3.29880/full 

https://ck5.com/forums/media/lw5.29882/full 

Without the mag it's 3.47lbs. Not to shabby. As I mentioned before it definitely could have been lighter in the stock area, the carrier, and the lower...but I had my reasons for picking heavier options there. The gun handles really well. There is soooo little weight out front...it feels almost too light!  
View Quote
Awesome job man. Crazy how light a sub 3.5lb rifle weighs huh?

I know you mentioned places you could have saved weight but chose not to like the lower, bcg and stock. What are your thoughts on these areas.

It's hard to ask that with out sounding condescending or rude but I promise you I mean the question is a non judging, non confrontational, non argumentive way.

On another note. I got my fostech stripped upper in yesterday. I have not had a chance to play with it yet. I will toss it on the scale and update here
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:20:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#14]
Sure, np...

Lower: it's registered, so I wanted it to be "last a lifetime durable". If I paid $200 for a tax stamp and ran a poly lower and broke it, it would be lame, lol. There are lighter metal lowers, but budget was also a concern and balance was a well. As mentioned previously I wanted to focus on reducing weight out front the most. Every AR I've ever touched is extremely front heavy. The lower is the near the balance point, and therefore weight becomes more acceptable.

BCG: no rocket science here, I just wanted steel, to not pay a fortune, and the fact that it was Faxon, like the bbl, made me happy.

Stock: three things, balance, metal, and style. I like the looks of the saber tube a lot, they just look cool. They are heavy, but I wanted some weight in the back to shift the weight distribution towards the rear, especially since I was using such a light buffer set up. There's nothing wrong with a CF tube/stock, I just wanted the thing to be "butt heavy", without getting ridiculous and putting a 20 oz stock on there. lol. I have an ubr gen 2, it would actually be kinda funny to install that just to see what it felt like.

I did go with "lightest possible" (with off the shelf parts) from the bbl nut forward, and it really shows when you mock transition from target to target. Moves supa quick! I didn't have a fixed budget for this gun, but I was more willing to spend $150 on a gas block than I was to spend lots on parts farther back. That might be a dumb decision with respect to cost per ounce, but makes more sense with respect to "cost vs balance".

I am going to build a 14.5 at some point where I do plan on using a CF stock and poly lower. I suppose in a way that build will be more materials focused, and less balanced focused. It won't be registered, so if the lower fails I just won't care, lol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:33:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: larrys] [#15]
Edit!! I had grossly over stated the weight of the JB BCG by almost 2 ounces. This build is now actually just under 3 lbs using all factory parts and only minor mods to the grip and buffer.

This build is NFA though, with the 10.5 barrel so you'd have to be willing to stamp the magnesium lower.

I made up a parts list to see if I could get to 3lb. I used magnesium upper and lower and all metal working parts, no poly.
I'm not sure if I'm exact on all the parts, and I guessed on the spring/detents, but it's very close.

Total brain fart, I forgot you can't mount a sight on the Brigand HG so I just left sights off. I'm assuming there is an adapter?

Upper.                                            Ounces

Fostech magnesium upper           4.40
Faxon 10.5 pencil barrel.            14.40
Gas tube carbine                              .60
BAD Ti gas block.                           .48
JP alum BCG with RCA adj key    5.68
Brigand Arms 7" Edge rail .          3.60
Strike Phantom CH.                       .90
Alum thread protector.                    .23

Lower

Fostech magnesium lower.          5.80
V7 aluminum TD pins.                   .18
V7 ultra light mag catch.                .17
Badger Ordinance Ti bolt catch.    .24
Hiperfire EDT trigger.                   1.80
V7 Ti Trigger pins.                         .08
Hogue grip, trimmed/shaved       1.25
Aluminum grip screw.                    .10
Smoke Ind open carbine stock.  3.95
V7 alum castle nut.                        .24
Tubbs LW flat wire spring.           1.52
Taccom modified buffer                .60
V7 titanium core hybrid safety     .29
Ti buffer retainer                          .04
Ti bolt catch                                 .04
Safety &TD plungers & spring     .02
FA plug.                                       .13

Total ounces 46.74  ( 2.92 pounds)
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Definitely a huge compromise, but you could drop weight with a Poly FCG.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#17]
You don't need a bolt catch, or the spring / pin for it. Don't need a buffer retainer pin or spring either. The NFA poly LPK works. Safety feels a little mushy, but it does work!

You could also cut some weight off the bbl. It has more gas journal than it needs, and you could lose the threads / thread shoulder as well. Not much to be gained there, but anything steel is a target.

Poly lower isn't a bad idea. Certain RDSs might be able to get under an ounce, with mount, if you modded the mount some...
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:22:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: larrys] [#18]
Good points.

I don't lnow what the poly FCG weighs so I took the lightest listed in the PWD at 1.8. Anyone have one to give a weight? Same with the poly TD pins and mag catch. How much lighter are they?

I agree the barrel would be the main target for loss. I forgot to add a muzzle device into my list so cutting the barrel would eliminate that plus the steel that gets removed.

Also there are some areas on the lower receiver that a few grams could be milled off without structural compromise.  Never seen the upper, does it have a brass deflector? Another target for weight removal.
I'm not sure what you could gain from skeletonizing but that's another option. I'd be worried about loss of strength with too much material removal.

Sucks this is an NFA project. Im willing to give it a go but I won't have my mill for a few more months and then another long wait for the stamp.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I made up a parts list to see if I could get to 3lb and it fell about 1.9 oz short. I used magnesium upper and lower, so the only way I can see getting there is with the Tegra lower, and I wouldn't feel comfortable using that.
I'm not sure if I'm exact on all the parts, and I guessed on the spring/detents, but it's close.

I used the rules from the ultra light picture thread, which includes a sighting device.

1.9 ounces is a ton when you get down to this level. Anyone see where weight could be trimmed?

Gas tube pistol                                .60
JP alum BCG.                               7.50
Bobro low rider set.                      1.70

Lower

Fostech magnesium lower.          5.80
B5 trigger guard                             .20
V7 aluminum TD pins.                   .18
V7 ultra light mag catch.                .17
Badger Ordinance Ti bolt catch.    .24
Hiperfire EDT trigger.                   1.80
V7 Ti Trigger pins.                         .08
Hogue grip, trimmed/shaved       1.00
Aluminum grip screw.                    .10
Smoke Ind open carbine stock.  3.95
V7 alum castle nut.                        .24
Tubbs LW flat wire spring.           1.52
Taccom modified buffer                .60
V7 titanium core hybrid safety     .29
Ti buffer retainer                          .04
Ti bolt catch                                 .04
Safety &TD plungers & spring     .10

Total 49.93 ounces  (3.12 pounds)
View Quote
You could also cut over 1oz. with the Leitner-Wise® - eSights™ (if you can find them).
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#20]
There may not be a weight for the NFA poly fcg, but there is a weight for the entire lpk in the pwd, iirc...
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:30:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: larrys] [#21]
Originally Posted By DekNgo:

You could also cut over 1oz. with the Leitner-Wise® - eSights™ (if you can find them).
View Quote
IF!

I'd like to find a set or two. Would be a fun project to try to duplicate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:44:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#22]
A lot of RDS mounts could be modded so that, from above, they sorta looked like an "X", with the mounting holes at the extremities, instead of a rectangle shape. In an Al fixed mount, a good chunk of the weight is from a steel cross bolt. Use a Ti or Al bolt and the total package would be pretty light. IIRC the Shield aluminum red dot is only 0.4oz. they make a polymer riser for it, but I'm not sure it's optimal with respect to hardware weight...I haven't got to handle one yet. For my build it's possible to get down really low, so I shouldn't need a super tall riser / mount. That'll help. Same would apply if you had a smoke composites stock/extension.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#23]

IF!

I'd like to find a set or two. Would be a fun project to try to duplicate.
View Quote
Now looking at those sights I could see maybe and ounce for both but .4? On Raniers sight they have weight as.04 each. No way!

I can't wait to get a mill. So many projects.

I like your idea on the mount JekBrown. A Shield and a custom LW mount may be the best way to go.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Keep in mind the Fostech upper is not a slickside, so at the min, you'll probably want to add a delrin plug, even if you skip the FA and door.

I don't find pistols that much lighter than rifles, unless going CF all the way, or at least a poly lower.

Nemo springs are 1 oz. (not recc for non adj. gas)

Non-V7 alum castle nut is 2.0 oz.

Using a taccom ulw buffer, and Al BCG carrier, without adj. gas, seems like you could end up with an overgassed system there.

I made up a parts list to see if I could get to 3lb and it fell about 1.9 oz short. I used magnesium upper and lower, so the only way I can see getting there is with the Tegra lower, and I wouldn't feel comfortable using that.
I'm not sure if I'm exact on all the parts, and I guessed on the spring/detents, but it's close.

I used the rules from the ultra light picture thread, which includes a sighting device.

1.9 ounces is a ton when you get down to this level. Anyone see where weight could be trimmed?

My rifle with no boutique parts is 4 lbs. with poly lower, or about 4.1 lbs with Mag lower.

Gas tube pistol                                .60
JP alum BCG.                               7.50
Bobro low rider set.                      1.70

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#25]
yeah, adjustable gas is gonna be required, alternatives weigh to much base on what I can tell. Thankfully Master of Arms gas block is hella light.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#26]
RCA adjustable gas key or MGI adjustable gas tube are even lighter.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll edit the list and add an RCA adjustable gas key and a FA plug.

I used the BAD block and adjustable RCA key on my LW build. My scale couldn't measure the difference between the RCA with both set screws and the factory JP key.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#28]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
RCA adjustable gas key or MGI adjustable gas tube are even lighter.
View Quote
weight difference between the BAD and the MoA is 0.1oz-ish...so there isn't a ton of room for improvement here, just what is the weight diff on the RCA key or adjustable gas tube? not sure either is in the PWD...

i suppose even if the weights were the same it would shift the balance towards the rear. There's a benefit there...
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I have weight on the RCA key and the one that came on my JP LMOS BCG for the PWD.

RCA .635 oz

Stock .635 oz
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 2:52:21 AM EDT
[#30]
In that case, win win. might have to try that with my 14.5 ultralight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lightpaw:
Keep in mind the Fostech upper is not a slickside, so at the min, you'll probably want to add a delrin plug, even if you skip the FA and door.

I don't find pistols that much lighter than rifles, unless going CF all the way, or at least a poly lower.

Nemo springs are 1 oz. (not recc for non adj. gas)

Non-V7 alum castle nut is 2.0 oz.

Using a taccom ulw buffer, and Al BCG carrier, without adj. gas, seems like you could end up with an overgassed system there.
View Quote
Where to pick up fostech upper besides Armslist where it's hella marked up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]
@larrys thanks for posting the RCA gas key data. That's the kind of weight data that is really hard to come by, so I appreciate it. I added a new section to the "BCG Parts" sheet for it, hopefully i can get some more comparitive data at some point. Not many people ever had a gas key separate from a carrier in order to weight it...so again, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:14:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptainKudva] [#33]
I have been lurking this thread for quite some time and I thinks it's time to share. Here's a sneak peak of of a project that I have been working on for quite some time I'm almost done just need some finishing touches My goal was to build the lightest ar15 possible and I believe I have done it, 16" p/wbarrel, adj. gas block, 14" handguard, rifle length stock. The Sub 3lb barrier has been broken. I will be documenting and sharing the build in the near future.

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#34]
uh.. well... why post that and not provide the details?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:26:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CaptainKudva:
I have been lurking this thread for quite some time and I thinks it's time to share. Here's a sneak peak of of a project that I have been working on for quite some time I'm almost done just need some finishing touches My goal was to build the lightest ar15 possible and I believe I have done it, 16" p/wbarrel, adj. gas block, 14" handguard, rifle length stock. The Sub 3lb barrier has been broken. I will be documenting and sharing the build in the near future.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showfull.php?photo=99593
View Quote
Well let's have the specs. If you are sub 3lb with a rifle length stock that would be a great accomplishment.

Interested to see pics and a complete build spec list
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:30:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#36]
Not to mention that rail and bbl length. IIRC, Brigand doesn't make a 14" hand guard either. Not saying it isn't under 3 lbs, I'd just like to see a complete parts list.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:07:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jwood562] [#37]
Not to mention that rail and bbl length. IIRC, Brigand doesn't make a 14" hand guard either. Not saying it isn't under 3 lbs, I'd just like to see a complete parts list.
View Quote
True. It will interesting to say the least. Everyone (including myself) that has built the lightest rifle available has been around the 3.4-3.5 mark. Even @larrys who did the hypothetical list a few posts up could not touch the 3lb mark.

Interested to see the parts list and if the rifle functions properly.

Edit: this is where the pdw comes into help. With all the listed weights, complete builds can be "weighed" using the PWd
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: larrys] [#38]
Originally Posted By CaptainKudva:

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showfull.php?photo=99593
View Quote
You have my curiosity piqued to say the least!

What little we can see in the photo shows some skeletonizing done to the receivers, I'm guessing material had to have been removed from the barrel as well?
Looking forward to more info.

My list included sights, but even w/o them it didn't quite make 3 lbs. I used a 10.5 barrel with just a thread protector too, so how it's done with 16" legal barrel will be quite interesting to see.

ETA  I could be wrong but I think that is a Tegra lower
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
This is true brigand does not hav a 14" handguard, I wanted 3lbs with full length guard as I plan on playing with this rig. 14.5 with p/w brake will not properly clear a 15", Thus customizing was required.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptainKudva] [#40]
Originally Posted By Jwood562:

True. It will interesting to say the least. Everyone (including myself) that has built the lightest rifle available has been around the 3.4-3.5 mark. Even @larrys who did the hypothetical list a few posts up could not touch the 3lb mark.

Interested to see the parts list and if the rifle functions properly.

Edit: this is where the pdw comes into help. With all the listed weights, complete builds can be "weighed" using the PWd
View Quote
Getting 3 lbs with off the shelf parts is difficult if not impossible with current quality parts, a decent amount out customizing was required to break the 48oz. Once you get to the 50-49oz, you start chasing grams. This can become obsessive, you have to maintain function of form to avoid gaudy and possibly dangerous modifications.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#41]
in that case, let's see the parts list and some pics not taken with an i-potato.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#42]
in that case, let's see the parts list and some pics not taken with an i-potato.
View Quote

Lol. I can't afford a nice camera after the amount of money I spent....Kidding aside will put something together soon, I estimate I can still shave 15 grams safely, and still have some finishing touches to do. I'm not purposely trying to be vague, just not 100% done.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#43]
So you can just put up your parts list. It's not too difficult.

Did you have any custom parts made? I ask because you eluded to the fact it was impossible with off the shelf parts.

Unless you have some pending patent on parts or process toss up the parts list
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:31:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lightpaw] [#44]
OK, since this seems the week of all talk, no show (or is it vice versa? ;) ) I think I have the lowest weight full 16" barrel, all metal receivers, no custom milled parts, steel BCG, and a full blocking or bleed off adj. gas block with full 12" metal handguard. I'm at about 4.3 lbs. depending on scale:

Faxon 16" pencil 4140, Anderson slickside upper and LPK, Mag tech lower, MFT minimalist stock, Nemo spring, 1oz buffer, ebay Ti pins and buffer detent, ebay alum castle nut, superlative arms adj. gas block, Aim LW BCG, 1oz Gray Badger CH, Hogue 15 grip, 12" guntech ultra lw, with alum nut, Magpul gen2 flip ups.

Future upgrades to take it near or under 4 lbs may be a Fostech upper, Smoke Composites stock, and Brigand handguard, want the 12" one to cover the gb.

Or am I missing someone elses build with stock parts that is lighter?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#45]
OK, since this seems the week of all talk, no show (or is it vice versa? ;) ) I think I have the lowest weight full 16" barrel, all metal receivers, no custom milled parts, steel BCG, and a full blocking or bleed off adj. gas block with full 12" metal handguard. I'm at about 4.3 lbs. depending on scale:

Faxon 16" pencil 4140, Anderson slickside upper and LPK, Mag tech lower, MFT minimalist stock, Nemo spring, 1oz buffer, ebay Ti pins and buffer detent, ebay alum castle nut, superlative arms adj. gas block, Aim LW BCG, 1oz Gray Badger CH, Hogue 15 grip, 12" guntech ultra lw, with alum nut, Magpul gen2 flip ups.

Future upgrades to take it near or under 4 lbs may be a Fostech upper, Smoke Composites stock, and Brigand handguard, want the 12" one to cover the gb.

View Quote
I think the lightest factory all metal rifle is the V7 weapons factory rifle at 4lb 13oz.

V7 Enlightened rifle.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

I think the lightest factory all metal rifle is the V7 weapons factory rifle at 4lb 13oz.

V7 Enlightened rifle.
View Quote
I have 2 14.5 pin weld under 4 lbs. 1 is a piston at around 4 lbs13 oz with Bobro BUIS + aimpoint t2 and the other is just barely above 4 lbs. No polymer. All metal. No custom milled parts.

Both have the same parts besides the piston parts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

V7 Enlightened rifle.
View Quote
That rifle would be much lighter if Joel machined pencil barrels, and used MFT stocks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:06:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SOCOM76] [#48]

View Quote
I'm at 4.55lbs with aluminum receivers, 16" barrel, 15" rail, and an RM09 in a Scalarworks LDM. 4.39lbs without an optic.

I could easily go well below 4lbs, but not interested at the moment. In current trim, the rifle is incredibly well balanced.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SOCOM76:

That rifle would be much lighter if Joel machined pencil barrels, and used MFT stocks.
View Quote
Who is Joel and how much do his pencil barrels weigh?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jwood562:

Who is Joel and how much do his pencil barrels weigh?
View Quote
Joel at V7, and his lightweight barrels weigh 23-24oz with a gas block.
Page / 127
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top