User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 127
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JerDerv:
ALG forged aluminum sling swivels weigh 16g each or 1oz for two. The blue force gear vickers with 2 ALG swivels weighs exactly 5oz on my scale.

I need to run with it some more, still trying to decide on the rear location between the stock and the end plate.
http://i.imgur.com/973bZTh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FUs7bCG.jpg
View Quote

nice lookin' build! Aren't those DD front sights nice? Seems like a simple thing but I've tried several other brands and none of them are anywhere near as nice as the DDs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:55:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Curare] [#2]
Faxon 14.5" Slim barrel with perm Faxon FH. Hard as Glock. 30 minutes to dimple. Welding is perfect. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:00:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Curare] [#3]
Aero lower vs. KAC TDP lower. The Aero lower receiver had an "issue" however. Hence replacement by the KAC. That's a 1/2 ounce I could get back.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Plastic wins over aluminum for non-stressed parts.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:16:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Curare] [#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#6]
AIM lightweight BCG. Very nice. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Scalarworks RMR combo. Absolute cowitness.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#8]
SLR Titanium set screw 0.625"Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:29:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Curare] [#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Curare:
AIM lightweight BCG. Very nice. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41811/IMG-5476-166809.JPG
View Quote

Anyone have more opinions on this thing? Price looks great vs the competition.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By hfrog355:

Anyone have more opinions on this thing? Price looks great vs the competition.
View Quote

Looks identical to my AP Customs Rhino.

You'll want to get rid of the firing pin retainer pin immediately.  It chews the FUCK out of the firing pin starting with the first rounds fired.

I have my gas turned way down and still had to replace the firing pin because I *didn't* replace the retaining pin.  Then I realized just how inferior that style of retention is, and how brittle the retainers really are.

I got mine well before AP raised prices and AIM even had one, though, so ironically I paid about the same.  heh.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Scalarworks RMR combo. Absolute cowitness.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41811/IMG-5660-166815.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Scalarworks RMR combo. Absolute cowitness.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41811/IMG-5660-166815.JPG

Very nice optic setup. Thanks for all the other weight posts as well. I really like your build. What are you using for a buffer and spring?

Originally Posted By hfrog355:Anyone have more opinions on this thing? Price looks great vs the competition.

I have had two now, the first one was NiB coated and started flaking. Their customer service was awesome and they very quickly refunded me, i wanted a replacement but they did not have any in stock. About 4 months later the nitride version was back in stock, i didn't hesitate to grab one while i could.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
@curare just wanted to let you know that all of the weights listed above have been added to the PWD. Thanks for the data!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Curare] [#14]
Thanks. I can see how this is addictive. All comes down to how much you want to spend. Cost benefit analysis is where we're going to see how we get reliable, funtional ARs near 5 pounds for <$750. The military should be paying attention to how easy it would be to take a pound off of the M4.

Tacom buffer. Reduced power buffer spring.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#15]
Originally Posted By Curare:Thanks. I can see how this is addictive....
View Quote
Exactly. On day 1 you're like, "this is interesting, but I don't want to do anything to crazy...maybe just a lighter profile barrel and a different stock..." and a short time later you've got a big credit card bill and it's more like, "I HAVE to have a titanium buffer retainer and trigger pins, that'll save me almost a tenth of an ounce!!!!!!"  

data added.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#16]
We went to pick up the aluminum KMR-spec nuts today and they still aren't done...  I guess there was an issue with the tank last night.  Stuff happens.  

I'll update you all tomorrow after we hopefully get a call saying they are done so we don't waste two hours driving over to get them when promised.

Sorry everyone, I'm trying my hardest to get these things back!  I might just invest in a small anodizing kit for the next batch and pay my nephew to do them!  
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stitchclimber:
We went to pick up the aluminum KMR-spec nuts today and they still aren't done...  I guess there was an issue with the tank last night.  Stuff happens.  

I'll update you all tomorrow after we hopefully get a call saying they are done so we don't waste two hours driving over to get them when promised.

Sorry everyone, I'm trying my hardest to get these things back!  I might just invest in a small anodizing kit for the next batch and pay my nephew to do them!  
View Quote
no problem, good things come to those who wait.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jwood562:

no problem, good things come to those who wait.
View Quote
Yes, this is very true!  I'm so excited to get them back!

Anyone who has not emailed me yet regarding the barrel nuts, please do, I want to make sure everyone gets a shot!  

You all in this thread have inspired me to order a 14.5" pencil barrel from Faxon!  I posted my plans for the build, as of now, below.  Let me know what you think!  I'm not going super light but I should be able to hit under six pounds without an issue.

Build plans:

Upper:

Anderson slick upper slotted for reciprocating charging handle
Aluminum bolt carrier
BCM bolt assembly
Custom side charging handle(or purchased from Young Manufacturing)
Faxon 14.5" pencil barrel in 5.56/.223
Aluminum KMR barrel nut
KMR-A 13" (I have long arms so I need the 13" KMR.  I really wish they made an 11" version!)
.625" Superlative Arms gas block(the only blocks I'll use anymore, especially suppressed)
Daniel Defense fixed sights
Muzzle device- undecided at the moment as I'm not sure if I'll go lightweight or add a suppressor mount

Lower:

Either an Anderson w/ integrated trigger guard that has been lightened or a Mega forged
Polymer LPK w/ TTI lightweight spring kit
BCM receiver extension
MFT Minimalist stock
Taccom buffer system
Taccom reduced power buffer spring
TangoDown BG-17 grip
V7 Aluminum Castle nut and sling plate

I love this thread!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#19]
To each their own, but are you sure you want an AL carrier? A Ti one might be a more durable alternative. That pick kind of caught me off guard because otherwise the build plan is very light but not "every single lightest part in every category" extreme style.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:15:14 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
I'd love to hear your opinion on the RMR. I almost went that rout but ordered a micro H1 because of mixed reviews on the Trijicon.
I have another gun that the H1 would go great on, and may eventually put this combo on the lightweight build to shave a little more weight off.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
To each their own, but are you sure you want an AL carrier? A Ti one might be a more durable alternative. That pick kind of caught me off guard because otherwise the build plan is very light but not "every single lightest part in every category" extreme style.
View Quote
I have an AL carrier, I bought it for the lightest bcg available but I also bought it with the knowledge of knowing it is going to wear faster then a steel or titanium version.

I keep it wet lubed and only have maybe 100 rounds through it with no issues and wear signs yet.

I do not shoot this extreme light weight rifle that much, it's a novelty range toy so if the bolt lasts a few thousand rounds that will be the life of the gun
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#22]
So long as you know the pluses and minuses going in, there's no reason not to use AL, it just seemed a little incongruous for the build listed above. As always, to each their own!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#23]
So long as you know the pluses and minuses going in, there's no reason not to use AL, it just seemed a little incongruous for the build listed above. As always, to each their own!
View Quote
Part of the reason is that it's the start of the build that will slowly evolve to being lighter.  The only things I don't have on hand is the barrel, muzzle device and Taccom buffer system.  It's kind of a rag tag light-ish build that I'm going to assemble with leftover parts to see what happens.  We're wanting to build some more lightweight parts so it'll also be a fun test bed for the future, with any luck.

I'm not sure why folks have such issues with AL carriers.  I'll use a polymer hammer so it won't wear around the ramp quickly and you all do remember the upper receiver is AL, too, right?  The steel carrier doesn't wear out the upper very fast so why would an aluminum carrier wear super fast?  

It'll be fairly low round count gun, as I'm hoping to use it to get my wife, mom and nephew to shoot with me more frequently, or at all!  

With all that be said, if the AL carrier doesn't work well, I'll run an AIM lightweight BCG but since I have the AL carrier, I figured I might as well try it out, right?!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:05:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SOCOM76] [#24]
Before the debut of the Titane and others, older Al carriers from Smith Enterprises, PMT, JP and a few others were still floating around, and in use. Yes, the hammer ramp would get battered, but the primary issue that caused inevitable failure was the bolt bore wearing, allowing gas to leak past the rings, which created cycling issues. The general consensus was that they lasted about 2,000 rounds or so before issues started. Keep in mind, most of those manufactures did not use any coatings.

Nowadays, with all the proprietary coatings and surface hardening treatments, an Al carrier should last quite some time, especially with an adjustable gas system and liberal amounts of lubrication from a product that actually works. Personally, I'd opt for grease. In fact, Geissele thin grease. Shameless plug, but so far, so good.

Instead of using a polymer hammer, I would probably opt for a self-contained, drop-in trigger with a narrow hammer profile, or something without a robust (full power) hammer spring. Point is, the hammer ramp on a Al carrier would be the absolute least of my concerns.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:44:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SOCOM76] [#25]
Originally Posted By larrys:

I'd love to hear your opinion on the RMR. I almost went that rout but ordered a micro H1 because of mixed reviews on the Trijicon.
I have another gun that the H1 would go great on, and may eventually put this combo on the lightweight build to shave a little more weight off.
View Quote
Small footprint, low weight, less bulk, no tunnel effect, etc. The only real con I can think of is that RMR's are expensive. I have two, and prefer it over a T2. In the civilian sector, while Aimpoint has proven to be the benchmark in durability, a lot of folks don't realize that RMR's have been fielded in theater (atop ACOG's) for quite some time now. They are ridiculously durable.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SOCOM76:
Before the debut of the Titane and others, older Al carriers from Smith Enterprises, PMT, JP and a few others were still floating around, and in use. Yes, the hammer ramp would get battered, but the primary issue that caused inevitable failure was the bolt bore wearing, allowing gas to leak past the rings, which created cycling issues. The general consensus was that they lasted about 2,000 rounds or so before issues started. Keep in mind, most of those manufactures did not use any coatings.

Nowadays, with all the proprietary coatings and surface hardening treatments, an Al carrier should last quite some time, especially with an adjustable gas system and liberal amounts of lubrication from a product that actually works. Personally, I'd opt for grease. In fact, Geissele thin grease. Shameless plug, but so far, so good.

Instead of using a polymer hammer, I would probably opt for a self-contained, drop-in trigger with a narrow hammer profile, or something without a robust (full power) hammer spring. Point is, the hammer ramp on a Al carrier would be the absolute least of my concerns.
View Quote
Those are great ideas!  I have some different greases that I'll try, including the Geissele stuff along with some of the other lubes I have on hand like Geissele Go-Juice, FIREClean, Slip2000, Brian Eno's Far Superior Slide Glide and good ol' 30 weight air tool oil.

I only have two drop in triggers right now, one is a CMC Single Stage and a Timney 3.5# Single Stage.  I was also thinking of bead blasting the carrier and having the anodizing company we used for the barrel nuts redo the finish.  They'll do it cheap during the next batch of parts, if I have more, I take them.

Thanks for the tips!

Speaking of polymer LPK, the one I have weighs as follows in case anyone is curious;

Hammer with spring: 8.8g
Trigger with trigger and disconnector spring: 7g
Disconnector: 1.4g
Safety Selector: 3g
Total: 20.2g

Aluminum carrier with gas key and screws: 3.85oz or 109.2g

Superlative Arms stainless .625" adjustable gas block w/ set screws: 1.43oz or 40.6g

Clark 12" Carbon Fiber Free Float w/ Aluminum barrel nut: 8.04oz or 227.9g

AP Customs 12" Carbon Fiber Free Float w/ milspec barrel nut and AP Customs QD mount: 7.17oz or 203.2g

I need to get a V Seven Ti milspec-style barrel nut to drop the weight on that float tube.  I'm really debating using the AP instead of the KMR but I'll probably try both!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stitchclimber] [#27]
They're here!  I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!!  

Please email me regarding these if you're interested.  Don't forget to include your name and mailing address so I can start prepping labels!  

I'll ship either First Class or Priority, both with tracking, of course.

They came in at 15.8g!!  Factory on my scales average 44.5g.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:38:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SOCOM76] [#28]
Have you tried one yet? How's the friction fitment?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I sent email, awaiting payment instructions.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Hot damn stitchclimber! Email coming!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Have you tried one yet? How's the friction fitment?
View Quote
Oh, we tried every single one against my KMR.

They are not friction fit like the standard but they will expand and contract with the rail since they are both aluminum instead of steel and aluminum.  We did this due to variation with the KMR's out there, especially the early ones.

The clamps lock down tight, though, the rail will not go anywhere.

If anyone has issues with theirs, I'll swap it out, no problem.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I will be getting 2. One for an alpha and one for the original magnesium. I will post my findings on fitment when they arrive. I am sure they will be fine
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Oh, we tried every single one against my KMR.

They are not friction fit like the standard but they will expand and contract with the rail since they are both aluminum instead of steel and aluminum.  We did this due to variation with the KMR's out there, especially the early ones.

The clamps lock down tight, though, the rail will not go anywhere.

If anyone has issues with theirs, I'll swap it out, no problem.
View Quote
Just curious because I thought you mentioned that they were slightly oversized, which would be ideal. Both of my rails are magnesium, so I'm not worried.  

Looking forward to receiving one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#34]
The anodizing looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Just curious because I thought you mentioned that they were slightly oversized, which would be ideal. Both of my rails are magnesium, so I'm not worried.  

Looking forward to receiving one.
View Quote
They were originally oversized but we turned them down slightly to make sure they fit with everything and no one had to pound their rail to install or remove, especially with the magnesium versions.

I'll check the O.D. on the ones I send you to make sure they're the largest I have.  If/when we make another run, I'll probably make them a slight bit larger than this if people request it but I'm not putting the cart ahead of the horse since they seem to install just great and who knows how many will actually sell.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlappyT1] [#36]
I have some weights to add. The weights are items without rollpins, detents, small springs because I'm afraid if take them out of the package I'll never see them again.

Faxon Slim barrel w/ Flash hider  19.27 oz
BCM KMR Hardware with V7 Barrel Nut and V7 Clamps and stock crossbolts/index plate 1.45 oz
Small BCM Charging Handle 1.19 oz
V7 Pin on .625 Gas Block .69 oz
V7 Midlength Gas Tube .875 oz
BCM Bcg 11.63 oz
V7 S7 Ultralight Boltcatch .33 oz
V7 Hybrid 3 Gun Ambisafety .34 oz
Geissele SDC w/ V7 trigger pins 2.2 oz
V7 Castle/Endplate (Non titanium)  .405 oz
Aimpoint T2 w/ lense covers and no hardware attached 3.595 oz
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#37]

They were originally oversized but we turned them down slightly to make sure they fit with everything and no one had to pound their rail to install or remove, especially with the magnesium versions.

I'll check the O.D. on the ones I send you to make sure they're the largest I have.  If/when we make another run, I'll probably make them a slight bit larger than this if people request it but I'm not putting the cart ahead of the horse since they seem to install just great and who knows how many will actually sell.
View Quote
Going to order one but I'm confused at what the differences between the two are?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:10:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stitchclimber] [#38]
Originally Posted By ahrion:

Going to order one but I'm confused at what the differences between the two are?
View Quote
There's really no difference, honestly.  Some that we sanded down on the lathe with sanding paper have a slightly, and I mean, slightly, larger O.D. than the one's we machine turned to reduce the OD.  Before we turned them down, they literally would not fit in the KMR I have.  I mean, not even close.

The KMR nut I kept for my rail drops right in.  But, as soon as I even hand tighten the clamps, there is NO movement what-so-ever.  NONE.  You'll all notice the patent for the rail mentions nothing about being friction fit.  Also, I've seen some of the Ti versions just drop right in.  Trust me, this DOES NOT matter when installed properly.  Due to the awesome design, the rail cannot rotate or come off the end.

The difference in some in the area of .001-.009", which is darn close to milspec tolerances.  Basically, they will torque correctly on the upper and the rail will lock down on them and you won't know any different.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SlappyT1:
I have some weights to add. The weights are items without rollpins, detents, small springs because I'm afraid if take them out of the package I'll never see them again.

BCM KMR Hardware with V7 Barrel Nut and V7 Clamps and stock crossbolts/index plate 1.45 oz
V7 Gas Block .69 oz
V7 Gas Tube .875 oz
BCM Bcg 11.63 oz
V7 Boltcatch .33 oz
V7 Ambisafety .34 oz
V7 Castle/Endplate .405 oz
View Quote
I want the V7 clamps so bad, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Your sickness is stronger than mine.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#40]

V7 Gas Block .69 oz V7 Q: has several gas blocks, which one?
V7 Gas Tube .875 oz Q: gas system length?
BCM Bcg 11.63 oz
V7 Boltcatch .33 oz Q: V7 makes two types of bolt catch, which one?
V7 Ambisafety .34 oz Q: I believe they make 3 different ambi safetys, which one?
V7 Castle/Endplate .405 oz Q: they make two different castle nuts and 2 different end plates, which ones?
View Quote
I've added what I could to the PWD, questions in red text added to the quote above for clarifications...
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Here are some things I've weighed that I don't recall seeing in the tables and some that are there that I came up with different weights:
?Faxon 11.5” 1:8 ML Big Gunner Barrel. 18.25oz.
       Faxon 14.5” Mid-Length Pencil Barrel. 17.8oz.
?Tactical Link Premium Stainless Steel Black Nitride Gas Tube Midlength. 0.741oz.
?V7 TITANIUM BCG – Ti Carrier 5.71oz (162g). 9310 Alloy Melonited Bolt 1.52oz. (43g). Firing Pin 0.265oz. (7.5g). Cam Pin 0.247oz. (7g). Firing Pin Retainer (too low to measure). Total BCG 7.83oz. (222g).
?SLR TA33 1.5” ACOG mount (advertised weight) 1.5oz.
?2A Armament BALIOS-Lite Upper. 5.82oz.
?2A Armament BALIOS-Lite Lower. 6.77oz.
?V7 Titanium Barrel Nut for the BCM Gunfighter KMR KeyMod Rail. .952oz.
?V7 Weapon Systems Titanium Flash Hider V-Grooved Blk Ion Bond. 1.23oz.
?SLR Sentry 6 Adj.GAS BLOCK - BLACK/Set Screw .625. 1.2oz.
?V7 Aluminum Lightweight AR-15 Charging Handle. 0.988oz.
?ACOG TA33H-G (no mount) 7.73oz.
       ACOG TA44SR-10 (no mount) 5.1oz.
?Geissele SD3G Trigger Group.  2.12oz.
?V7 TITANIUM TRIGGER/HAMMER PINS - .155 Geissele Pins 0.070oz.
?V7 ULTRA-LIGHT MAG CATCH/RELEASE w/spring. 0.176oz.
?V7 UL Bolt Catch S7 Steel. Advertised weight 0.317 oz.
?V7 Hybrid 57 Degree Right-Hand Safety Selector with Titanium Core. .282oz.
?V7 ULTRA-LIGHT TAKEDOWN/PIVOT PIN SET (aluminum) 0.176oz.
?V7 TITANIUM BUFFER RETAINER w/spring. 0.035oz.
?KAK Shockwave Pistol Buffer Tube. 4.75oz.
?KAK Shockwave Blade 5.0oz.
?V7 ULW Aluminum Castle Nut 0.212oz.  
?V7 ULW Aluminum QD End Plate 0.176oz.
?Taccom 10% reduced Carbine Buffer Spring.  1.9oz.
?Taccom ULW Carbine Buffer. Both pcs. 1.09oz.
?Magpul MOE Grip. 2.55oz.
?V7 TITANIUM GRIP SCREWS. 0.106oz.
       Rogers Spartan stock 5.75oz.
       Damage Industries MILSPEC 6-pos Carbine Buffer Tube 3.92oz.
       Magpul 30rd. GenM3 magazine 5.19oz.
       LaRue complete Bolt Carrier Group 11.6oz.
       VDI Manimal Extended Flash Hider 1.5oz.
       KAK Slimline Micro Flash Can 1.75oz.
       ADM AD-B2 ACOG mount 2.15oz.
      Trijicon TA33 factory mount (dual thumb screws, single hole) 4.5oz.
?Smith & Wesson mil-spec  buffer tube 3.67oz.
oMagpul CTS stock = 7.8oz.
oDD M4 10” rail w/bbl nut = 11.3oz.
oYHM Phantom 5C1 FH 2.2oz.
oRRA ML LW 14.5 barrel 1lbs. 7.4oz.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#42]

I've added what I could to the PWD, questions in red text added to the quote above for clarifications...
View Quote
Edited my original post with fixes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:48:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlappyT1] [#43]
More parts came in today! Sorry for some of the weights together, following a spread sheet that I made a few weeks ago. I have a problem! Ha

2A titanium takedown pins w/ colt springs and detents .25 oz
V Seven Ultralight Mag Release w/ spring .19 oz
PWS Mod 2 buffer tube without included endplate and castle nut 3.095 oz (This thing looks pretty fucking cool)
MOE K Grip w/ V7 titanium screw 2.295 oz
Geissele Super 42 w/ included H buffer 5.53 oz
Minimalist Stock 5.91 oz
Scalarworks Micro Mount w/ T2 Screws 1.415 oz
V7 Buffer Retainer .05 oz
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlappyT1] [#44]
Originally Posted By hfrog355:

I want the V7 clamps so bad, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Your sickness is stronger than mine.
View Quote
Ha! I hear ya man. Some of these V seven parts probably cost more than their equivalent weight of some narcotics.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:55:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Edited my original post with fixes.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks. The PWD will be updated ASAP!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:08:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Why are folks still pinning and welding steel muzzle devices to barrels? I've been having titanium muzzle devices pinned and welded since titanium muzzle devices hit the market in 2" lengths. First one I had done was a V7, then had a couple of  2A T3 Compensators pinned and welded to a Faxon 14.5" barrels, etc.

Why isn't Faxon offering those slim muzzle devices in titanium? That would be spectacular.
View Quote
Where are you getting titanium muzzle devices pinned and welded?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By jerrysimons:

View Quote
Rainier is doing mine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:01:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#48]
Originally Posted By tgad2:
Here are some things I've weighed that I don't recall seeing in the tables and some that are there that I came up with different weights:
?Faxon 11.5” 1:8 ML Big Gunner Barrel. 18.25oz.
?V7 Weapon Systems Titanium Flash Hider V-Grooved Blk Ion Bond. 1.23oz.
?SLR Sentry 6 Adj.GAS BLOCK - BLACK/Set Screw .625. 1.2oz.
View Quote
Added the items you listed, few Qs on the above:

Faxon: are you sure on that bbl weight? it's a few oz different than factory specs. just wanna make sure it's accurate...
V7 FH: is this a discontinued item? I don't see it on their site? I do put discontinued things in the PWD, I just want to make sure I'm not misidentifying a current one...
SLR Sentry 6: can you confirm this weight? with or without set screws? it's quite a bit diff than the factory weight or another users...

thanks for the data!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jerrysimons:

View Quote
I have them done locally by Randall at AR15 Barrels.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#50]

I have them done locally by Randall at AR15 Barrels.
View Quote
good to know that he is doing them. I haven't been to him in a few years. Last time I saw him he was moving into a new place in a garage and was barley getting all his machining set up.

I might hit him up to cut down a barrel for me and pin another titanium FH for me
Page / 127
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top