Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:57:59 AM EDT
I have been in the process of building an AR for about 8 months now, and finally have all the pieces together (now waiting on local gun shop to get back from SHOT to pin/weld my muzzle brake Got it pinned and welded this week!). Pictures to come soon, but here are the specs:

Lower:
Northtech Defense Billet lower (Gen 2)
Magpul STR Stock
PSA Takedown pins and springs
Geissele SSA Trigger
BADASS Safety selector
BCM Gunfighter Grip MOD 0
Seekins Billet Mag release and Bolt Catch

Upper:
Spikes Tactical Gen II Billet Upper
Rainier Arms NiB BCG
Rainier Arms Raptor CH
BCM 14.5" Lightweight BBL
Centurion Arms 12" CMR (with some rail sections and covers)
Magpul AFG2
N-Force WML HSP
Surefire MB556k

Still have to purchase some sights, and I'm considering 3 options: KAC Micros, Magpul PRO, or Troy BattleSights. I'll purchase them plus an optic this week (T-1 or a PRO, cannot really make up my mind). Of course, I have procured some PMAGS and Ammo already, so am I missing anything?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are the pics of my build. I am still waiting on my MBUS Pro Sights to get here, and I still have to purchase a sling, but that won't change the look of the rifle too much. Sorry for the bad quality, I don't have a better camera.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks pretty nice!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Oooh wee she's purty!!  Nice build OP
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Great build! I don'teven want to discuss my first build . Do you stare at it when you are all alone?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Yuck man that thing looks horrible!

Why don't you send it to me along with some ammo so you don't have to look at it all the time
Looks good!

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Impressive first build!!! Congrats and enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks very good!  How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:34:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:05:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice, how does she shoot?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#12]
How do you like the SureFire MB555K?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks nice.

Mount a T1 on it with a LaRue 660 or 751. I have troy folding BUIS on my rifle with the T1/751 and I like the fact that my cheek weld is always the same whether I'm using red dot or irons.

Plus if I"m using irons through the tube it's easier for me since they're in the middle of the glass.

A lot of people like the 660 with lower 1/3rd co-witness though. I would have gone with the 660 if I had a solid fsb.

T1 beats the PRO in every category (weight, size, battery life) except cost. FOV doesn't count on a red dot since both eyes are open and there's zero magnification.

Go watch the Daniel Defense torture test (linky) to see what the T1 can handle

T1 is a beast

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I've fired 10 rounds through it so far, however that will change in the coming week or so as work gets a bit less chaotic. I plan on doing a few comparisons to my friend's rifle as for felt recoil (he has an A2 birdcage on his), and that should be pretty cool to experience. I bought 200 rounds after getting it pinned, so I definitely will have a better idea of how it shoots my first outing. I know it at least cycles, and my main concern was the fear that the alignment of the gas block is off by a hair - which could be attributed more to my over-analyzing than it actually being off.

Unofficially, it clocks in at just over 8 pounds with the optic. I found this out by weighing myself, then myself with the rifle. I'll have an exact measurement once have the time/privacy to weigh it on a scale more fit for something of its size.

And yes - I do stare at it in my free time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations OP looks great!  I'm really loving the look of those Northtech lowers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Very nice OP!

Optic wise I really like my PRO (and the price too).
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I am very interested in the T-1, but the PRO has also caught my sight as well. I'll tell you my biggest hangup - the weight. I'd really like to go with the T-1 due to the weight, however the price point of the PRO is excellent. I wouldn't call this a budget build by any means (and I'd be lying if I tried), but as for the two optics, they are both really great, so I have to take into account the price. The only thing that is really swaying me towards the T-1 is the fact that I cannot stand the mount the PRO comes with, so I'm looking at a mount anyway. Since that is the case, I might as well fork over the rest to get the T-1, which I think would compliment my build.

Also: the weight above includes a full magazine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Just got back from my lunch break and had a package waiting for me at my desk....

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#19]
For comparison, this is the rifle he will be comparing against.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For comparison, this is the rifle he will be comparing against.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/tlw613sp/IMG_1069_zps0acb077d.jpg
View Quote

How do you use a hasty sling w/ the sling that far back?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#21]
nice work...thinking a lot about picking up the CMR rail.  Let me know how you like it!

Get an H-1...no need to spend an extra $50 if you never plan on using night vision.  Super lightweight and awesome!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't understand the question. The sling works fine like it is.

Running 2-point keeps the rifle across my chest pointing at the ground about 2 ft to my left.
Running 1-point points the rifle at the ground between my feet and the stock a few inches below my chin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#23]
That's a sweet rifle man. May I suggest battle arms enhanced takedown pins. I didn't think much of them till I actually bought a set. Worth the $30. I put em on all our rifles and recievers.

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Running 2-point keeps the rifle across my chest pointing at the ground about 2 ft to my left.
Running 1-point points the rifle at the ground between my feet and the stock a few inches below my chin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my photo, but it illustrates that a sling is not just to carry your rifle around.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s127/jeep45238/Range%20Time/Appleseed/Photo52.jpg

Not my photo, but it illustrates that a sling is not just to carry your rifle around.
View Quote

LOL!!! Chicken-winging!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#26]
good looking first build!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top