Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/8/2013 12:40:18 PM EDT
I just picked up the new recoil magazine and found this!

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just picked up the new recoil magazine and found this!

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w655/jsmoker6937/20131208_163319_zps8a19cd47.jpg

View Quote

Cool been waiting, does the magazine have  any info on the rifle?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if the price will be competitive with the Colt rifles.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
There isn't anything about it in the magazine its an ad for another magazine made by recoil for fn. It does say winter 2013 in the bottom cover so it should be on shelves now. The magazine is called zeroed.

I have been searching but haven't found any info on them yet. I would guess they would be close in price to colt. I just hope they have some variety in models like maybe a chf 14.5"-16" mid length and a 20" rifle length would be nice. I just hope they don't just make a 16" carbine with m4 profile theres already plenty of those.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Stripped lower for my FNMI A2 upper. Would buy, dont care about cost.

Also curious of markings. My FNMI had F maked receiver, FN marked FSB, and bbl marked FNMI. FN marked BC? Also curious about bbl markings. Will it read FNMI, Cage code, or FN logo like the PSA bbls? I love FN and am excited about them coming to market.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
What does the military one look like?
I  am curious on what the lower looks like
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I will buy a FN AR15.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#8]
The first AR I ever fired was an FN. I wouldn't mind one if they offer a LW barrel profile.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
You can see the lower in the pic. I like the lower the roll mark is just this.

Model fn15
Caliber multi
Fnxxxxxxxxx

Other than that you can't tell much from the pic besides it having an m4 stock and removable carry handle.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if they'll offer more in the way of parts (lowers, BCGs, uppers, etc) than Colt does.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if they'll offer more in the way of parts (lowers, BCGs, uppers, etc) than Colt does.
View Quote

With the wide array of barrels they make, they are already ahead of the curve on Colt.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I will buy one
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I want one

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally. So down for one as well...
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm curious to see exactly what they come out with.  If it is just an M4gery with a detachable carry handle for ~$1000...Colt pretty much owns that segment (the as close to milspec as it gets M4gery segment).  If they come out with M16A2s and A4s, they will be serving a new market segment, but a really small one.  

The average AR owner (even the average soldier who may have carried one) doesn't know who FN is.  I think that may doom their AR foray to failure, nobody knows they are worth it. All they know is expensive Colt, uber-expensive Noveske and budget DPMS/RRA/Bushmaster etc.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm curious to see exactly what they come out with.  If it is just an M4gery with a detachable carry handle for ~$1000...Colt pretty much owns that segment (the as close to milspec as it gets M4gery segment).  If they come out with M16A2s and A4s, they will be serving a new market segment, but a really small one.  

The average AR owner (even the average soldier who may have carried one) doesn't know who FN is.  I think that may doom their AR foray to failure, nobody knows they are worth it. All they know is expensive Colt, uber-expensive Noveske and budget DPMS/RRA/Bushmaster etc.
View Quote

A lot more people than you think are aware of FN.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope so!  I want their ARs to be successful, my first issued rifle was an FN M16A2 and I've plenty of experience with their other military offernings.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

What branch of the military were you in?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]
A2 CLONE COMPLETE

Hell yea!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Army since '92, still in the Nat. Guard.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been searching but haven't found any info on them yet.http://goo.gl/FD5Gqx
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do you still have any of the old FNs at your reserve center?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Intereting
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Do you still have any of the old FNs at your reserve center?
View Quote

No, not in a long time.  We are an Infantry Brigade Combat Team that has been half deployed once to A-stan, then fully deployed to Iraq, so we pretty much have all up to date gear.  All I've ever seen in the different units are Colt M4s, CCOs for all (mix of M2s and M4s), plus ACOGs, PEQ 15s, PVS 14s etc.  I joined the Guard in '04 from active duty, my infantry BN had M4s then and had them for awhile.  

I like that FN rollmark, hope the production model has a similar one.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Now that's a roll mark to drool over.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#28]
so buying one.....
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Good lord an A2 clone with that roll mark? Stroll down memory lane. On my short list.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Looking at the picture from the magazine it looks like it has angled handguards I know they make rifle and mid length like that but I don't remember ever seeing handguards like that on a carbine. I hope they make an a4 and a mid length. I really hope they make an a5/spr type rifle with an 18" 1moa barrel like they make for the fbi spr, a5 buffer system and free float handguards. That I would buy for sure.

I just wonder what they had to do to get around using the TDP. I'm not sure how that works maybe as long as they don't make it to exact mil specs ( like the barrel being chf would be one difference) they could do it. I know I heard in the past they could never make ars for the commercial market for that reason.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Be a lot more interested in parts/components than plain jane M4gery/A4gery designs.

Quoted:
Looking at the picture from the magazine it looks like it has angled handguards I know they make rifle and mid length like that but I don't remember ever seeing handguards like that on a carbine. I hope they make an a4 and a mid length. I really hope they make an a5/spr type rifle with an 18" 1moa barrel like they make for the fbi spr, a5 buffer system and free float handguards. That I would buy for sure.

I just wonder what they had to do to get around using the TDP. I'm not sure how that works maybe as long as they don't make it to exact mil specs ( like the barrel being chf would be one difference) they could do it. I know I heard in the past they could never make ars for the commercial market for that reason.
View Quote

That website just has two part numbers, for apparently a 16" and a 20" model.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:48:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I will have to buy one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:56:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Crap I am in for one.

Max
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Be a lot more interested in parts/components than plain jane M4gery/A4gery designs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't see they had a 20" until now I just saw the 16". They are going to have a hard time selling another m4gery right now with colt 6920s getting cheaper and cheaper. An a4gery would at least be something different in walls of 16" carbines.

It would be nice if they made individual parts available too but I doubt it. There will eventually be takeoff parts on the ee.

Has anyone seen that magazine anywhere yet?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#37]
hell yes for a 20"
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Like so many other people, I have fond memories of the M16A2 they issued me----FN for the win, baby!  If they release a 20", I will simply have to buy one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If that's all they will be offering, then count me out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd be down for a stripped lower.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was "meh" until I saw the 20". I'd buy a 16" to part out and keep the lower but an all FN A4 clone is now on my short list.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just picked up 2 copies tonight. (I wrote the piece on the FNX-45 Tactical) and I live on the far side of the world, so it should be on most newsstands by now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Ill take a 20"
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Whats the pin size on these babies.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#45]
...this website is just beyond expensive...
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Whats the pin size on these babies.
View Quote

Colt is the only one to ever use the large/.170 pins, and no longer does that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I just picked up 2 copies tonight. (I wrote the piece on the FNX-45 Tactical) and I live on the far side of the world, so it should be on most newsstands by now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the store. Did they have any info on the 20" or was it just about the 16"?
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd like to see them sell a lower using the WINCHESTER brand.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#49]
I saw this today at the grocery store. The article (AKA Advertisement you pay for) listed a 16" carbine and a Rifle with 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Shoot where do we buy them
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top