Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Had the guy at walmart try to tell me about one, said it came with a "survival kit" i asked what was in it. First words out of his mouth was "well it comes with a fixed blade knife" I whipped 3 fixed blade knifes out of there sheaths and set em on the counter, told him i got it covered XD
View Quote
Gay.

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Today, I went back to the Walmart. The price is actually $1699, and not $1650 (I edited my initial post).

And just FYI, it’s the only Colt still available on the rack. All the 6920s and 6940s have been sold.
So Walmart shoppers seems to do their homework before dropping that kind of money on a gun.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd never buy it.

But really folks, if your wife bought that, wrapped it up, and stuck it under the tree, you wouldn't feel like a kid again on Christmas morning? You wouldn't be the proudest husband, with the best wife on the block?  Think of the target demographic here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey...I just think that it great that WalMart is selling ARs.  
They also now have lots of 5.56 ammo in stock.  
Good for them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
At least stag gave you a MRE
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahhhhh....it's seems just like yesterday when the 94 AWB expired, and Colt had initially decided not to sell any 6920's to lowly civilians.

Just look at'em now....gettin' all snugly with us common folk. Gets me all misty.

Magpul this, Black Hawk that, neat-o 6920 variations....guess getting smoked on the M4 contract got them all warm and fuzzy once Uncle Sugar kicked'em outta bed.

I can't wait until the Colt/Tapco collaborations!

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Had the guy at walmart try to tell me about one, said it came with a "survival kit" i asked what was in it. First words out of his mouth was "well it comes with a fixed blade knife" I whipped 3 fixed blade knifes out of there sheaths and set em on the counter, told him i got it covered XD
View Quote

Oh gawd I hate being in the gun section when people like you go in there.  Whippin' out knives from your many many cargo pockets, "educating" the poor schlub behind the counter on the twist rate of a barrel on a gun you have no intention to buy. Is your wallet on a chain? I may have seen you last week...
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Well apparently Im that happy kid on christmas morning when I opened up that Pelican case. Free gun I'm not complaining guys.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well apparently Im that happy kid on christmas morning when I opened up that Pelican case. Free gun I'm not complaining guys.
View Quote

It's too bad someone had to pay $400 too much instead of just getting a simple Colt 6920 and a Pelican case without the other B.S.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Colta are going for 1100 here and pelican retail for 175. No sweat off my back. As they say Its the thought that counts.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's not something I would buy since I think it's overpriced for what you get but I wonder about the constant need that some gun-owners have to put down others for their purchasing decisions.  I'm all for more people buying AR's regardless of the brands or particular packages since the more folks own "America's Rifle" the more difficult it will be to ban.  Read the Heller Supreme Court decision dealing with the Constitutional right to own firearms in common usage.

This sort of gun elitism can be taken to extreme examples on a site like M4carbine.net.  There they think the individuals on ARFCOM are idiots; a common insult is to say that a particularly naive post or point of view is something you would see on "TOS" (the other site).
View Quote

you should go to m4carbine.com sometime then.

they are the real TOS
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My local WM has that shit on display in a glass case. I thought it was something they put together, not Colt .

Quoted:

they are the real TOS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not something I would buy since I think it's overpriced for what you get but I wonder about the constant need that some gun-owners have to put down others for their purchasing decisions.  I'm all for more people buying AR's regardless of the brands or particular packages since the more folks own "America's Rifle" the more difficult it will be to ban.  Read the Heller Supreme Court decision dealing with the Constitutional right to own firearms in common usage.

This sort of gun elitism can be taken to extreme examples on a site like M4carbine.net.  There they think the individuals on ARFCOM are idiots; a common insult is to say that a particularly naive post or point of view is something you would see on "TOS" (the other site).

they are the real TOS

Yeah, I found that out real quick when checking them out awhile back.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the concept, the execution is what is lacking.  First, price point is way too high.  They should have the rifle come with a medium quality BOB instead.  They could either package it in the BOB upper/lower detached or not bother.   This would drop the retail price about $150.  Then, I would have chosen different items for the BOB, but the concept would be better executed and at a lower price.

The margin on firearms is pretty low, but a lot higher on the other stuff.  What if it was $1099 for the 6920 plus $200 in BOB materials.  5 mags, emergency water, iodine tabs, food bars, small compass, light, knife, fire starter etc, backpack.  All for $1299.00.  Then, Bubba sees this next to the SOCOM and 6940 and it cost less with all those goodies.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that blackhawk stock any good at all? I ask because I ordered a PTAC kit off PSA and it comes with that. Basically wanted to build the cheapest AR possible...I'm at $447 with shipping and transfer..
View Quote

I purchased a lower build kit w/o the fcg from PSA earlier this year, and it came with the Blackhawk grip and stock.  I find the grip to be comfortable, and the stock to be an improvement over the generic 6-position stock.

Regarding durability, I cannot comment.  I haven't had the opportunity to crack a zombie's skull open with the stock, nor use the mortar technique to clear a jam.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Trying to one up mossberg
View Quote

One does not simply out mossberg, Mossberg.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not with innovations like these they aren't:

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not with innovations like these they aren't:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/enickma1221/500roadblockerr_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Webcontent/gallery/203/2026MossbergTacticalLever_web.jpg

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That looks like a logical and well thought out package.

I might go buy one after I snort another line of bath salts and take another bong rip of salvia.

View Quote

Best reply ever on ar15.com!
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Mark my words. It is only a matter of time before they start using substandard parts in their guns.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Mark my words. It is only a matter of time before they start using substandard parts in their guns.
View Quote

What are they going to do buy them from DD, or Stag?

That is one over priced POS though!  Must be geared towards the wannabes            
Also Nobody can out Mossberg, Mossberg!
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking more along the lines of dropping the testing and using inferior metals to save cost. They are currently marketing to a crowd that knows nothing about quality parts and cares not to dig into it to find out. If this market starts to make up a large enough portion of its sales I believe my original statement will hold true. They can ride their rep all the way to the bank.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw one of those at the local Walmart about a month ago, and I was wondering why it costs so much.  I walked out of the store laughing.  The case and all the extras kind of make it seem not so bad, but I think it would have made more sense with furniture by a company other than Blackhawk.  At the same time, that Blackhawk stuff seems to fly off the shelves there, so that might be where they are taking their cues from.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure.  I don't see any Mossberg models coming with a box of water.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top