before I get delivery.  All I was waiting on was to "feel" the 4.5#
trigger in semi.  I'll be honest.......it's NOT as crisp as my Wilson
TTU triggers, but its just as nice as the Timneys I have had in
the past.

So a "Timney Like" trigger feel in semi auto with the capability
of going to position #3 for some "FUN TIME" is definitely worth
the price of the "RIDE."

Heck....most of my triggers are $275 now....the difference for
the "FUN SWITCH" is only about ~$200 or so.
View Quote

What are you talking about? It does not go to the "fun switch." Its an over priced crisp semi auto trigger.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
So there's a hammer follow problem about once per magazine?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What are you talking about? It does not go to the "fun switch." Its an over priced crisp semi auto trigger.
View Quote

Call it whatever you want......its not a FULL AUTO.....I know that.  
But its as close to a real FUN SWITCH as I will be owning.  It does
indeed go to position 3 and acts like a "bump fire" setting.  

What some see as "over priced" others see as a lot of fun.  I am
sure my rifles are full of stuff that you would consider overpriced.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's assuming that you can actually get to run like you expect it to...
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 4:06:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's your money, but I would put the $2500 towards a true full auto.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
A bit too pricey for my frugal tastes, however I do see the allure it has from some people.

To the buyers of these triggers, I hope you are either rich or handload.

Personally I would spend the same money to SBR two lowers or save up for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#7]
For those who pre-ordered from Tak con, did you receive a shipping notification?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I was notified as soon as it shipped and was given a FedEx tracking number.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

thanks for the update

meanwhile my 22 is ready for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB7bct_-o_4&list=UUFx8yq3bQFvTfE-aXuAUuBA
View Quote

Thanks for the video.

The question I have is - how easy did the trigger come to you and how repeatable do you feel it is?

Did you happen to try it with any other cartridges?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For those who pre-ordered from Tak con, did you receive a shipping notification?
View Quote

In my case I didn't receive an email notification.  I logged into my tac con account and saw that they posted it was shipped and have my tracking number.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for the video.

The question I have is - how easy did the trigger come to you and how repeatable do you feel it is?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for the update

meanwhile my 22 is ready for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB7bct_-o_4&list=UUFx8yq3bQFvTfE-aXuAUuBA

Thanks for the video.

This video was uploaded in August, 2011, so I don't think he is saying he is running the Tac Con trigger(yet). Just wanted to make sure you caught that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This video was uploaded in August, 2011, so I don't think he is saying he is running the Tac Con trigger(yet). Just wanted to make sure you caught that.
View Quote

Ah. Thanks, apparently I am a bit slow.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In my case I didn't receive an email notification.  I logged into my tac con account and saw that they posted it was shipped and have my tracking number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. My account order status still says "pending". I'm at my parents house and wanted to make sure there is not a $500 trigger sitting on the front porch of my house an hour away.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I was thinking the biggest advantage to this trigger was to be able to get bump fire like speeds but from the shoulder.
Did you try to shoot it that way?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not much more than traditional bumpfire.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Stumps.

Those are about .10-.12 splits, or around 600 rpm if my math is right.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

<a href="http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o203/philbob79/file_zpsfd617df4.mp4" target="_blank">http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o203/philbob79/th_file_zpsfd617df4.jpg</a>
View Quote

Now THAT is a tolerable rate of fire!
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I put almost 300 rounds through mine today. It's going to take some getting used to for the brrrrrrap everyone is looking for. Over all its a very quick light trigger and easy to speed up doubles and triples for a three gun type event thanks to the assisted reset. It's not some easy bumpfire trigger that gives full auto. If you hold the trigger too tight as it resets the trigger will stay slightly engaged to the disconnector, so you still have to slightly let off to fire the next round. At the end of my ammo supply the stars aligned and the rhythm was perfect to get the brrrrap instead of very fast bang bang bang. I'm honestly not sure what I did different that time and ran through that mag very quickly without another one to duplicate results.

Upper used Adams Arms 7.5" PDW and an 11.5" Adams Arms upper with suppressor
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I put almost 300 rounds through mine today. It's going to take some getting used to for the brrrrrrap everyone is looking for. Over all its a very quick light trigger and easy to speed up doubles and triples for a three gun type event thanks to the assisted reset. It's not some easy bumpfire trigger that gives full auto. If you hold the trigger too tight as it resets the trigger will stay slightly engaged to the disconnector, so you still have to slightly let off to fire the next round. At the end of my ammo supply the stars aligned and the rhythm was perfect to get the brrrrap instead of very fast bang bang bang. I'm honestly not sure what I did different that time and ran through that mag very quickly without another one to duplicate results.

Upper used Adams Arms 7.5" PDW and an 11.5" Adams Arms upper with suppressor
View Quote
It seems like holding the rifle kind of loose and letting it bump off the shoulder would work well for high ROF.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZGJN3kIpE&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

Impressive but it does kind of look like bump firing. Can we get some vid of you shoulder firing the weapon? Are you pleased with it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#23]
From the shoulder I could not get anything beyond 2-3 rounds at a time. I am still on the fence about whether or not I am going to sell the trigger. The main issue I have with it right now is getting consistent. Practice will help a lot, but I am picking it up kind of slow. My main concern of the number of rounds it will take me to pull off full mag dumps. One thing that would be very helpful from the factory is an explanation of what trigger techniques have yielded the best results. This would shorten the learning curve quite a bit.

I have heard there was a kaboom using a 9mm upper, but have not seen much about it. I would really like to try out my internally suppressed 9mm upper. I just can't risk damaging that setup, between the time and money I have wrapped up in it there is just too much of a risk.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah understood. Well if you get good with it let me know. I'd love to see someone who can be consistent with this thing, which i'm sure is possible, even if it's just a 2 or 3 round burst.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#25]
The 9mm KB thing seems odd to me, but I'm not familiar at all with 9mm AR's.  The only blowback gun I have is a Thompson.

Is it common to have KB's with them?  I would think that would have been more ammo related then related to the trigger?

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The 9mm KB thing seems odd to me, but I'm not familiar at all with 9mm AR's.  The only blowback gun I have is a Thompson.

Is it common to have KB's with them?  I would think that would have been more ammo related then related to the trigger?

View Quote

I bump fire my 9mm ar from time to time. I have noticed sometimes I have bulged brass. It is rare. But sometimes I get a flash that seemed off and I'll find a bulged case. Never blown. Just bulged. So if that is any indication.
I have a Jard 3# trigger in the 9mm which makes bumping even from the shoulder, pretty easy with practice. But bursts, not consistent.

Honestly, I want this trigger most for 22lr. Which luckily I have in large supply... For now.
So most of my testing/practice will be 22lr

The same lower this trigger will go in is also my 300blk lower. So 210grain subs suppressed should be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I still have a 9mm magazine block sitting around. I used it prior to buying a dedicated 9mm lower. Might have to dig it up and see how this trigger works with that.

The rifle I used in my video was a Spike's mid length and I was running a heavy buffer. Did not even think about it prior to shooting the video, but realized it when cleaning. I am thinking I am going to try a carbine length upper with a regular buffer next time. This should speed things up a little. Also have a Ruger SR556 piston I think I will try out. Guess I will keep the trigger around a little longer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
In a 5.56 AR the firing pin can't light the primer until the bolt is in battery, with a 9mm the firing pin can strike the primer through the full stroke of the bolt.  There is a small window where the hammer falls early and could light the primer before the bolt is fully forward.  I could see this resulting in blown cases where it would just cause hammer follow in a 5.56.

Link Posted: 1/19/2014 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#29]
One for sale in the EE!!!  $475

No it's not mine
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#30]
One for sale on ebay $485
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#31]
That was quick.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That was quick.
View Quote

I may be wrong but I think we are going to see a lot of this. I also think the price of a new one will fall rather quickly as word gets out and sales slow down. Good thing they made out well on per orders.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I may be wrong but I think we are going to see a lot of this. I also think the price of a new one will fall rather quickly as word gets out and sales slow down. Good thing they made out well on per orders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was quick.

Well, they did have textbook marketing.

Link Posted: 1/19/2014 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was quick.

They aren't used, or people changing their mind.  One says he ordered them at Shot Show and the wait time is 4-6weeks for delivery.

I wonder how much they were at Shot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I payed $449 at King's hopefully next week they ship
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#36]
yeah I'm a little irritated that Kings charged me almost two weeks ago before they even had the triggers in hand.

"Credit card will not be charged till trigger ships. "

uh huh.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#37]
same with me I was charged Jan 6 and no trigger yet, so much for Credit card will not be charged till trigger ships
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#38]
seems really slow to me.

Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh my God, this trigger is such a joke.  100% mall ninja.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
seems really slow to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnFX6mXZqxg
View Quote

What, the fuck, was that
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
What, the fuck, was that
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

seems really slow to me.

What, the fuck, was that
I liked the part where they ask about availability, and the guy has to look off camera...  

"They're available now".

Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I thought for sure that by now someone would post a video faster than mine. I am still on the fence about keeping it.

On a side not, I did receive a call from a very nice woman from the company apologizing profusely about my trigger being sent to the wrong address. That mess up resulting in my having to drive 40 miles to the nearest FedEx store. Not sure about anyone else at the company, because I have not spoken to them, but she was very nice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I liked the part where they ask about availability, and the guy has to look off camera...  

"They're available now".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
seems really slow to me.

What, the fuck, was that

"They're available now".

I noticed that too lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What, the fuck, was that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
seems really slow to me.

What, the fuck, was that

That was video evidence that there will be a bunch of unsatisfied customers when they can't shoot as fast as the guy in the marketing video.

Someone said it earlier and I was thinking the same thing, prices will plummet on these.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 2:28:23 AM EDT
[#45]
I have more video from Media day that I'll be sharing as soon as we get it off the camera and uploaded.

It includes a video of one of the Mikes shooting the same rifle I shot, achieving a much higher ROF than me.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:14:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To bad a full auto ar15/m16 will run you $25,000! I doubt $2,500 will buy you anything full auto...
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

To bad a full auto ar15/m16 will run you $25,000! I doubt $2,500 will buy you anything full auto...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can find a MAC in the $3-4k range.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Macs ain't worth it. I had one and sold it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:40:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Macs ain't worth it. I had one and sold it.
View Quote

The point of FA to most people is to turn money into noise as fast as possible, right?
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What, the fuck, was that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
seems really slow to me.

What, the fuck, was that

A rough media day for Taccon I suppose.
Page / 44
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top