Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 6:49:33 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:

That is probably just over 6 lbs based on what I have played with.

Nice setup!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pontifex_Mortis:
I honestly don't know how much it weighs. But, based on other builds in here I should be okay; until tax refund and a PST 1-4x and Geissele later lol.

Lightweight thanks to the KMR, BCM ELW fluted barrel, and the MFT stock.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s94/hopesfell/Message_1419533005556_zpsdklhmk1m.jpg

That is probably just over 6 lbs based on what I have played with.

Nice setup!

Unless my scale is way off he should be below 6lbs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:18:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tweeter:

I hear ya, I plan on only using a small section of railed space to mount an IR laser, the rest is going to remain clean.

As for skeletonizing the lower... I'm removing material from the pistol grip mount, the entire rear pocket, and as much of the fence as I can.
If that goes well, I will reduce the wall thickness in sections. I'm playing with an 80%, so I'm not burning up much money trying to sort things out.

As for titanium, I am not thrilled with the cost versus benefit, so I'll be staying away.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pontifex_Mortis:...
And you more than likely know about the titanium lower parts that are available. You could always try to skeletonize the lower lol. Pull some weight off the mag well at least.

I hear ya, I plan on only using a small section of railed space to mount an IR laser, the rest is going to remain clean.

As for skeletonizing the lower... I'm removing material from the pistol grip mount, the entire rear pocket, and as much of the fence as I can.
If that goes well, I will reduce the wall thickness in sections. I'm playing with an 80%, so I'm not burning up much money trying to sort things out.

As for titanium, I am not thrilled with the cost versus benefit, so I'll be staying away.

Steel weighs a lot more than aluminum. It's more efficient to replace steel parts with Ti or Aluminum, than to try and drill holes in aluminum, for weight loss. Some Ti parts are not horribly expensive. There are also a lot of places on your barrel that are too fat, and that's the single heaviest part on your rifle. Even the lightweight barrels on my builds have extra material that could be turned off on a lathe... you'll save way more weight there, than on your lower.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:52:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By eodinert:...
Steel weighs a lot more than aluminum. It's more efficient to replace steel parts with Ti or Aluminum, than to try and drill holes in aluminum, for weight loss. Some Ti parts are not horribly expensive. There are also a lot of places on your barrel that are too fat, and that's the single heaviest part on your rifle. Even the lightweight barrels on my builds have extra material that could be turned off on a lathe... you'll save way more weight there, than on your lower.
View Quote

I have a 14.5-inch Bravo Co Enhanced Lightweight (fluted) barrel that I'll be using.
In the mean-time, I'm not looking for a competitor in this thread... I just want a light rifle. I'm using the discussion to gather ideas for parts and possible alterations.

So I'll just keep quiet and watch and take notes from here on in.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:58:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2014 4:22:36 PM EDT by SickMAK90]

I wasn't really trying for an ultra light build but it just sorta happened.

BCM 16'' LW upper w/mod 0 comp
Spike's Lower and LPK
Geisselle SSA trigger
DD fixed BUIS
BCM buffer tube kit with BCM gunfighter stock
Magpul K2 grip
IWC QD end plate
BCM keymod QD mount
BCM medium gunfighter charging handle
Shaved FSB

I'm sure I could get this lighter but I am very happy with it as is. With my aimpoint and a loaded 20 round m3 pmag it is only 7lbs 5oz.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:39:00 AM EDT

I have a 14.5-inch Bravo Co Enhanced Lightweight (fluted) barrel that I'll be using.
In the mean-time, I'm not looking for a competitor in this thread... I just want a light rifle. I'm using the discussion to gather ideas for parts and possible alterations.

View All Quotes

I don't mean to say you're doing it wrong, just go for the low hanging fruit first. Replacing the grip screw with aluminum, replacing the dust cover and rod with lightweight stuff would probably save more weight than shaving the fence... pretty soon, it's an incurable addiction and you can't stop.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:21:13 AM EDT

Be sure to check out some of the 2A-Armament product. Our upper and lower will take a full quarter of a pound off of a build when compared with a standard forged set.

This rifle without optic is 5.8 lbs, and it has all USGI style internals.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EwjpM_JQeUQ/VJ8V38NoW0I/AAAAAAAAAIk/gp3-khNJywo/w0-h0-no/4x4.png
View All Quotes

Be sure to check out some of the 2A-Armament product. Our upper and lower will take a full quarter of a pound off of a build when compared with a standard forged set.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EwjpM_JQeUQ/VJ8V38NoW0I/AAAAAAAAAIk/gp3-khNJywo/w0-h0-no/4x4.png

Yeah, for $480 you can get a stripped receiver set and save only 4oz!
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:23:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR_DIESEL:

View All Quotes

To people trying to make the lightest possible build while maintaining strength, it is worth the extra money. Just like getting a Boomfab titanium carrier over an M16 carrier. Plus the 2A receiver sets are a work of art and well worth the money. This thread is for ULTRA lightweight builds, not budget builds afterall.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:48:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2014 9:48:55 AM EDT by ArmedFerret]
Originally Posted By J_MONEY:

To people trying to make the lightest possible build while maintaining strength, it is worth the extra money. Just like getting a Boomfab titanium carrier over an M16 carrier. Plus the 2A receiver sets are a work of art and well worth the money. This thread is for ULTRA lightweight builds, not budget builds afterall.
View All Quotes

Mag Tactical upper: 4.8 ounces, $145 MSRP. Add Schuster FA plug and you're still well under 2 bills MSRP, and under 5 oz for the upper.

Balios upper: 5.8 ounces, $215-ish street price.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:00:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Mag Tactical upper: 4.8 ounces, $145 MSRP. Add Schuster FA plug and you're still well under 2 bills MSRP, and under 5 oz for the upper.

View Quote

Yeah and if that upper is the same quality as their lower then I'll pass. Plus the 2A Armament is a unique billet set that looks much better. Same reason people buy Mega sets or Seekins. There's a lot of options out there, no doubt. Some pay a premium for a unique look and quality. If you don't want to get a 2A Armament set then don't. Nobody is forcing you to. Doesn't mean it's not a great upper/lower.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:03:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2014 10:05:22 AM EDT by ArmedFerret]

Yeah and if that upper is the same quality as their lower then I'll pass. Plus the 2A Armament is a unique billet set that looks much better. Same reason people buy Mega sets or Seekins. There's a lot of options out there, no doubt. Some pay a premium for a unique look and quality. If you don't want to get a 2A Armament set then don't. Nobody is forcing you to. Doesn't mean it's not a great upper/lower.
View All Quotes

I wasn't stating it wasn't a great upper or lower. You commented that people wanting to save as much weight as possible were going with them, and I was showing that they were more expensive than a lighter-weight option.

Those of us forced through military duty to be in states where new lower purchases aren't allowed, don't really have the option of buying any "unique" lowers. Maybe you'd care to expound upon your insinuations regarding the quality of mag tactical uppers. What problems have they been having, and can you link to first-hand accounts?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:12:23 AM EDT

I wasn't stating it wasn't a great upper or lower. You commented that people wanting to save as much weight as possible were going with them, and I was showing that they were more expensive than a lighter-weight option.

Those of us forced through military duty to be in states where new lower purchases aren't allowed, don't really have the option of buying any "unique" lowers. Maybe you'd care to expound upon your insinuations regarding the quality of mag tactical uppers. What problems have they been having, and can you link to first-hand accounts?
View All Quotes

Actually, what I said was "To people trying to make the lightest possible build while maintaining strength." Obviously it can be done cheaper and lighter using lower quality and weaker materials. Sorry you live in a ban state, didn't know that. The issues with Mag lowers cracking and breaking has been covered in depth. I'll try to find the picture of my friend's Mag lower that broke in half. I know nothing of the Mag upper quality, but based on their lowers I would never get one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:46:19 AM EDT

Actually, what I said was "To people trying to make the lightest possible build while maintaining strength." Obviously it can be done cheaper and lighter using lower quality and weaker materials. Sorry you live in a ban state, didn't know that. The issues with Mag lowers cracking and breaking has been covered in depth. I'll try to find the picture of my friend's Mag lower that broke in half. I know nothing of the Mag upper quality, but based on their lowers I would never get one.
View All Quotes

The issues with them cracking has been covered in depth? Really? The one where the guy had shit reloads and blew his up? I've seen worse kabooms with forged aluminum AR's.

Or the one where the guy was mortaring his with a Magpul UBR stock on it? Lightest weight lower available with the heaviest stock available sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

The Mag Tactical lower is cast magnesium. It is designed to be the lightest available while still being a quality component. You always give up something to achieve that. Please link me to all of the other failures that make more sense.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:56:49 AM EDT
You guys realize this is a picture thread right
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:05:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
View Quote

Maybe he'll post pictures of all these destroyed sub-quality parts he claims mag tactical puts out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:43:31 AM EDT

Maybe he'll post pictures of all these destroyed sub-quality parts he claims mag tactical puts out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Not my buddy's, but here's some I found after a quick search. Obviously I read the thread on the overcharged round and don't find that a fault of the lower.

Waiting for my buddy to send a pic of his. His broke in the exact same spot and he was just shooting it, not pogo-sticking it. Don't know the story behind all of these pics. Just know that it's the same place my buddy's broke.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:52:45 AM EDT
Plenty of billet and forged lowers (not to mention poly) have broken in the same place. But hey nobody's saying you can't fellate a given brand.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:04:33 PM EDT
Plenty of billet and forged lowers (not to mention poly) have broken in the same place. But hey nobody's saying you can't fellate a given brand.
View Quote

Yeah I also wouldn't want a poly lower for the same reason. I'm sure you're right about forged and billet lowers breaking in the same spot. But you are comparing millions of forged lowers that have been produced plus how many thousands of billet lowers to one specific company's lower. Not a fair comparison.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:07:59 PM EDT
Here's my friend's Mag lower. Broke simply shooting it. Using a Sig brace.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:24:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:13:16 PM EDT

View All Quotes
snip.

Do you know where I could find a MAG upper? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:08:10 AM EDT

View All Quotes

well to be fair you'd likely spend >$150 on the upper and lower to begin with. They are too expensive for me though, though I admittedly want them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:53:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 25Chuck:

Do you know where I could find a MAG upper? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 25Chuck:
snip.

Great question.

Are they still even in business?

I got lower at a steal of a price, now I'm beginning to think that was just them blowing out their stock via dealers...

Their FB stated they would have them in stock on 1 Dec and so far no dice.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 2:19:56 PM EDT
shit! those pics are making me regret buying that mag tac lower.... Probaly the upper too
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:25:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JSmithXYY:
shit! those pics are making me regret buying that mag tac lower.... Probaly the upper too
View Quote

Remember, they aren't showing the rectangular mark on the top of that extension ring showing the gas key crash that caused the failure...If you are worried about it, put a quarter in the tube before the spring and buffer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 4:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2014 4:21:38 PM EDT by FunWithPaul]
Re the 3lb 14 oz gun:

That is tough to beat...
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2015 8:37:24 PM EDT by FunWithPaul]
This is my "point and shoot " lightweight AR
4lbs 10.6oz

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag85/gillpaulcFunWithPaul/4lb10ozAR_zps19be18f3.jpg

Daniel Defense light weight 16" mid length barrel
V7 Titanium Barrel nut
AP Customs Handguard
Tennessee Arms stripped lower
JP Customs LMOS BCG
PSA (PTAC?) slick side upper (6.0 oz)
Self skeletonized A4 Buttstock and grip
TACCOM lightweight CAR buffer
V7 Titanium rear plate/Castle nut
?? Titanium Take Down Pins
Polymer fwd rail
Light weight red laser

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:34:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JJREA:

I've never been a huge fan of the CavArms lowers in the LOOKS dept. Which I know, has nothing to do with how useful it is. But in this case, that is a frickin nice carbine you got there. It DOES look nice. Did you pin the FH on that 14.5?

I AM a fan of fixed stocks though. So.... But yeah, that is a killer build. Good job. Do you like the Bushnell? I'm debating on what to get my son for the 10/22. I may tell him to just keep shooting the irons, but he's wanting an optic of some sort. And I've got my eye on those.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JJREA:
Originally Posted By ScoutActual:
http://steamforge.net/img/dsg_1.jpg

Here is my lightweight AR-15 KISS build.

I've never been a huge fan of the CavArms lowers in the LOOKS dept. Which I know, has nothing to do with how useful it is. But in this case, that is a frickin nice carbine you got there. It DOES look nice. Did you pin the FH on that 14.5?

I AM a fan of fixed stocks though. So.... But yeah, that is a killer build. Good job. Do you like the Bushnell? I'm debating on what to get my son for the 10/22. I may tell him to just keep shooting the irons, but he's wanting an optic of some sort. And I've got my eye on those.

Hey thanks man. I thought it turned out really cool looking too (better than I expected). Sorry about the long delay in replying. I like the TRS-25. It is small, light, and plenty durable for a $100 optic.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:46:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2015 11:29:11 AM EDT by ScoutActual]

man! I thought those were off the market.

so that uses rifle buffer/spring? Storage compartment? a1 or a2 LOP??

do you know the weight of hte lower half, perhaps stripped? Do we have some sort of comparison??

I really like those b/c htyea re stornger at the back of any reciever than any ar, incase you were to slip on ice and fall on it or something, even a mil spec forged lower can snap right off at the back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScoutActual:
http://steamforge.net/img/dsg_1.jpg

Here is my lightweight AR-15 KISS build.

man! I thought those were off the market.

so that uses rifle buffer/spring? Storage compartment? a1 or a2 LOP??

do you know the weight of hte lower half, perhaps stripped? Do we have some sort of comparison??

I really like those b/c htyea re stornger at the back of any reciever than any ar, incase you were to slip on ice and fall on it or something, even a mil spec forged lower can snap right off at the back.

GWACS bought the molds and took over.

Carbine buffer/spring.

A1 LOP.

There is some storage space in the stock accessible via 2 large Phillips head screws.

Stripped lower is 1 lb 5.2 oz.

I chose this over other lightweight lowers because of the strength improvement.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:32:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FunWithPaul:
Re the 3lb 14 oz gun:

That is tough to beat...

View Quote

Nice job............
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:36:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2015 1:41:32 AM EDT by hipower90]
Old school SP1 carbine. 5.75lb w empty mag but less sling. Had this rifle 36ys now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:03:50 PM EDT
I love the retro LW. It's definitely on my short list to build, but I'm thinking shorty triangle fore end,
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:39:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hipower90:
Old school. 5lb 15oz w empty mag but less sling.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/hipower90hipower/SP1wCARstock225_zps610f5de7.jpg
View Quote

That thing is damn near perfect! I've wanted an upper like that for quite a while and keep putting it off for one reason on another.

Heres my contribution to the thread. Didn't feel like taking the BUIS off so I went for the bottom rail, It's right over 6lbs with everything on it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:37:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2015 1:43:13 AM EDT by hipower90]
Duplicate
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:57:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bretshooter:

Remember, they aren't showing the rectangular mark on the top of that extension ring showing the gas key crash that caused the failure...If you are worried about it, put a quarter in the tube before the spring and buffer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bretshooter:

so you are telling me that one or more of these broke ass mag tac lowers were having gas key strike due to mis matched buffer to receiver extension length? Or are you saying that even w/ properly matched buffer/receiver extension the gas key can still strike the lower??? I dont see how that could be...
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:07:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2015 12:32:53 AM EDT by jinxy]
My Black Friday lightweight build came in at little over $1100.00 and right under 5 lbs:

Upper
BCM 10" KMR
Voodoo Innovations 16" ultra light weight profile mid length barrel
Seekins Precision low Mass BCG
SLR Rifle Works Adjustable .625 gas block
Magpul MBUS Sights
Rainier Arms Mini Comp
Anderson Slick Side Upper
Anderson Mil Spec charging handle

Lower
GWACS fully populated lower (with aluminum butt plate removed) and Taccom Ultra Light buffer added

4 lbs 14.7 oz

I have GWACS light weight pins on the way that should shave off another half an ounce. I just saw that V7 has a BCM KMR titanium nut now

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/Jinxy81/E45F5156-1E8A-4BCB-9C9B-99B71C7CBE27_zpsj7laun4r.jpg
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/Jinxy81/5709B0F2-D4D8-4862-9206-2C7938647EF2_zpssuxvhunl.jpg

Same upper from above on a Double Star lower with Taccom Ultra Light Buffer comes in at 5 lbs 6.6 oz

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/Jinxy81/B48A950B-36BF-43B9-8CD7-855194C83680_zpsfum8x140.jpg
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/Jinxy81/B0FCAC34-3B27-46BD-AB86-BA19EA009FC2_zps3n4cbane.jpg

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:39:06 PM EDT
Just built this out of extra parts, barely qualifies for the thread at 5.8 pounds but I thought it was still impressive since I didn't use any "lightweight" parts save the chopped cavalry lower.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:55:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rightwingnut:

i thought he rules were w/ sights but w/o mag. what is it w/o mag? Also, what is it w/o sigghts/mount? Just wondeinrg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rightwingnut:
Originally Posted By Elsinore13:
All together now, minor tweaking to follow. Details for the lower a few posts up above. Mag Tactical upper receiver, V7 aluminum forward assist, Young superlight BCG, V7 port door and pin, Midwest 10.5 ssk, Daniel Defense lightweight profile 14.5 barrel, micro adjustable gas block, V7 gas tube, Voodoo manimal pinned flash hider. Trijicon RMR on an American Defense mount. 5 pounds and 1 ounce with optic and empty 20 round aluminum mag.

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/duc-man97/IMG_20140321_230218_858_zpsf179359c.jpg

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/duc-man97/IMG_20140321_230709_984_zps2bbb73b2.jpg

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/duc-man97/IMG_20140321_230614_396_zpsb2778e49.jpg

i thought he rules were w/ sights but w/o mag. what is it w/o mag? Also, what is it w/o sigghts/mount? Just wondeinrg

After swapping the Midwest rail over to a BCM magnesium with the V7 titanium barrel nut and a few other small items, she weighs in at 4 lbs, 15 ounces complete with optics and empty 20 rounder. Without optic , mount and magazine, it tips the scale at 4lbs., 9ounces.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:30:00 PM EDT
There is a AR15 lightweight build-off (winner takes both rifles) on another web-site that is very interesting. (Google AR15 lightweight build-off to see it) The rifles came in at 3 lbs 5 oz and 3lbs 11 oz . They had to complete a course of fire as part of picking the winner. It differs from the rifles in this post as they were not built for the long term but just for lightest weight but there are some hardware choices and machining on the winner thats interesting. One of them is the Mag-tactical barrels built by Faxon that weighs 19 oz and cost 110.00 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:36:18 PM EDT
Thanks for that non-link, I just spent an hour over there reading the whole thread. It gave me a good idea for the target weight for my rifle (which will be title 1, with metal upper/lower). I like the 'build off' idea, too. I may try and start one of those when I get home.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:44:22 PM EDT
Sorry I did'nt provide a link but Im new here and dont know how sensitive the moderators are about sending people to other similar non-parts sites.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:50:42 PM EDT
I wasn't being sarcastic, that was really cool. Normally I am sarcastic. I get about not posting the link, these guys can be territorial... I don't know if that web page is on the 'verboten' list either.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:03:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2015 8:04:24 PM EDT by JoshAston]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:15:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jinxy:
My Black Friday lightweight build came in at little over $1100.00 and right under 5 lbs:

Upper
BCM 10" KMR
Voodoo Innovations 16" ultra light weight profile mid length barrel
Seekins Precision low Mass BCG
SLR Rifle Works Adjustable .625 gas block
Magpul MBUS Sights
Rainier Arms Mini Comp
Anderson Slick Side Upper
Anderson Mil Spec charging handle

Lower
GWACS fully populated lower (with aluminum butt plate removed) and Taccom Ultra Light buffer added

4 lbs 14.7 oz

I have GWACS light weight pins on the way that should shave off another half an ounce. I just saw that V7 has a BCM KMR titanium nut now

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/Jinxy81/E45F5156-1E8A-4BCB-9C9B-99B71C7CBE27_zpsj7laun4r.jpg
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/Jinxy81/5709B0F2-D4D8-4862-9206-2C7938647EF2_zpssuxvhunl.jpg

Same upper from above on a Double Star lower with Taccom Ultra Light Buffer comes in at 5 lbs 6.6 oz

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/Jinxy81/B48A950B-36BF-43B9-8CD7-855194C83680_zpsfum8x140.jpg
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/Jinxy81/B0FCAC34-3B27-46BD-AB86-BA19EA009FC2_zps3n4cbane.jpg

View Quote

Thanks for posting those comparison pics
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:10:35 PM EDT
Eagle Valley still has .625" DD barrels for those interested.
View Quote

Roger, they still have 'em. Just grabbed a pair... great price.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:02:08 PM EDT

View All Quotes

Werd.

Faxon and a few others may have slightly lighter barrels, but i still think CHF is tough to beat.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:20:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2015 11:25:47 PM EDT by boomfab]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:00:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By boomfab:

Thanks for using our Titane carrier!
View All Quotes

I think you have them past the point of dimishing returns, unless they just really cost mad money to make.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 5:03:12 AM EDT

I think you have them past the point of dimishing returns, unless they just really cost mad money to make.
View All Quotes

I take you haven't priced Ti lately or know how tough Ti is on (expensive) tooling.

Now for me? I am sticking with Mil spec, I am too cheap to do anything else.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:15:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2015 1:38:09 PM EDT by Yelpers]

Werd.

Faxon and a few others may have slightly lighter barrels, but i still think CHF is tough to beat.
View All Quotes

Werd.

I do like a 1.19# barrel. We shall see if it can shoot. Didn't cost much.

BMS Minimalist Stock, Taccom buffer and spring, Ergo Swift grip, Mag Tactical magnesium lower, AP Custom bcg, Andersen lightweight upper, Magpul Pro sights, BCM 10" KMR, Faxon 16" pencil barrel, SLR Sentry 6 adj. gas block , Kel-Tec brake. 4.75 lbs.

Page / 30
Top Top