Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2013 9:34:07 PM EDT
Found some on GB for a good price, they go by "Hardened Arms". Not any feedback on them online that I can find. Delton has some that are priced pretty good but they have no bcg nor bolt. Can anyone give some good advice on the best A2 style FULL UPPER for Best Price/Best Quality. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of them.  

View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the place your talking about?
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is this the place your talking about?
View Quote

No, but its the same company. They had uppers for under 400 bucks on Gunbroker but they didn't mention "Yankee Hill" until I saw the website. Do yo guys any suggestions on a good upper that wont break the bank that don't have any reputation of problems? I would think they all work the same but here in NC some local company (Rogio or roxio I think ) made Uppers and they literally would crack and Bcg's would mess up very early after buying. Just wondering what Lower end Brand Names (Lower end as in lower price) are good Uppers vs High End Colt's etc etc??
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#5]
PSA
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 2:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never heard of them.  

Same here

Ditto.

Kind of makes you think maybe they are no good, huh?
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Second PSA.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ditto.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never heard of them.  

Same here

Ditto.

not as much as some of their slogans on their webpage such as "buy with confidence - 2 year manufacturer warranty"    while most offer a lifetime warranty and I understand a select few do not but when you are new to the game, you probably should.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#9]
shop the EE hard for a deal on a well built upper half that includes a quality CH & BCG
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I pulled the trigger & bought oone of the Hardened Arms uppers in 300 blackout. I'll run through the pases & post a report on what I think of it, mine should be delivered today.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#11]
PSA is easily the best bang for the buck going.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Edit- missed this conversation completely. Didn't realize it was for a full upper.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't buy it just cause of the gay NASCAR sticker all over it. I wish this fad would die out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 4:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Well the Harden Arms upper came in last night & my 1st thought is its ok, not the guality of some AR's I have but it was a good price. One thing that stood out was the rear take down pin was very hard to get in & out (I had to tap it) I'll work on getting it loosen up. I'll take it to the range tonight & see how it shoots.

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#15]
PSA has two really good deals on uppers right now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]
My vote is PSA.

Looking forward to the range report!
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 for PSA
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wouldn't buy it just cause of the gay NASCAR sticker all over it. I wish this fad would die out.
View Quote

Definitely a Cerakote candidate there
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Well I did not get out to the shooting property until late & had meeting with the club members so by the time I finished up it was dark. I fired off 3 rounds just to see if the gun would shoot (will go back to sign in) & one thing I noticed was that the gun was not picking up the next round. So it shot, it ejected the shell & did not take another from the mag. Now the only mag I had was a Magpul 20 round, which I've had feeding problems before in my 223, so it could be the mag. I would just rack another round in & it would do the same thing.
I had fire cleaned the gun so it was well lubed & was shooting 220 gr Remington subsonic's.
So much more shooting is needed & will do that this weekend, stand by.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Magpul 20 rounders have a reputation of problems for some reason.  Sounds like you're doing the right thing w/ a mag change.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#21]
sdeshazo,
I wanted to check with you to see if you have had a chance to get out to the range any more with your Hardened Arms upper?  I've been watching a couple of auctions that they have on Gunbroker for a 300 AAC upper and I'm trying to find out if anyone has anything really bad to say about them.  Thanks in advance.

Beardking
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#22]
My haredened arms 7.5" pistol upper should be here next week. From what I saw and read It should fit the bill with my low budget pistol build. I let eveyone know how it does when I take it to the range. 375.00 with BCG and charge hadle out the door was a pretty good deal I thought. gun broker of course.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Hardened Who?
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Why even consider an outfit like that?
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why even consider an outfit like that?
View Quote

My exact thought, but if nobody tried the new builders and manufacturers we'd have no BCM, DD, Noveske, Larue, Spikes, PSA etc
We'd all own A B C rifles.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 4:05:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well I did not get out to the shooting property until late & had meeting with the club members so by the time I finished up it was dark. I fired off 3 rounds just to see if the gun would shoot (will go back to sign in) & one thing I noticed was that the gun was not picking up the next round. So it shot, it ejected the shell & did not take another from the mag. Now the only mag I had was a Magpul 20 round, which I've had feeding problems before in my 223, so it could be the mag. I would just rack another round in & it would do the same thing.
I had fire cleaned the gun so it was well lubed & was shooting 220 gr Remington subsonic's.
So much more shooting is needed & will do that this weekend, stand by.
View Quote

forget the p-mags for the 300 blackout , while they are great for 5.56 they are not the best mag for variants. the rib on the inside tends to push bigger diameter and longer bullets to the center and can cause malfunctions. there will be somebody come along and claim theres work great all you have to do is file the rib . just get some lancer mags or use g.i. mags and this will solve the feed problem . If your shooting 220 grain remingtons unsuppressed through a 16 inch carbine gassed gun it may not function. I would try a different mag before I done anything and run some super sonics through it just to see . go check out 300 blackout talk there is plenty of help there if you run into more trouble.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Guys sorry for the delay in posting this but I'm very happy with the Hardened Arms 300 BLK upper, I'm shooting sub MOA out to 100 yards with my 1st 130 Hornady spire reloads, it cycles great & for the money its hard to beat. Its going to be my go to deer/hog gun this season.
Had my 9 & 6 year old out shooting it yesterday & they loved it, low recoil & they were both drilling the paper at 100 yards, time to get them in front of some animals :-)

Its not Mega or Noveske but if you want to get into 300 BLK on the cheap like I did I'd recommend it. One thing I will replace soon is the hand rail, I like a 15 inch rail but other than that I added a Vickers Combat sling & really like this gun & round. I used a Black Forge lower that I got from a LGS for $69 bucks, so the total is a very affortable set up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top