Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2013 10:49:31 AM EDT
i have a chance to buy an Anderson arms upper with an anderson arms 16in Hbar and soso 12 in free float rail for $400 or trade for a SKS with 300rds of ammo.

What is the consensus on Anderson arms? i've not heard much about them and don't really know if $400 is a good deal with our the BCG.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about their uppers, but I run one of their lowers, the figment is great and it runs well with my bcm upper.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an Anderson lower - the finish is actually one of the better finishes (it's not their magical RF-85, but it's grayish), but one of the holes drilled for detent springs is out of spec, and ends up making the front takedown pin nearly impossible to remove without a punch.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an Anderson lower - the finish is actually one of the better finishes (it's not their magical RF-85, but it's grayish), but one of the holes drilled for detent springs is out of spec, and ends up making the front takedown pin nearly impossible to remove without a punch.
View Quote

Shit.

I just today bought an Anderson Arms (of Kentucky?) lower at a good price at my local shop.

Are all their detent spring holes out of spec?
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no issues with mine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Shit.

I just today bought an Anderson Arms (of Kentucky?) lower at a good price at my local shop.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit.

I have no problem with mine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Just installed a PSA LPK in my Anderson lower tonight and everything went just fine. The finish on mine is also very nice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Put together a stripped lower just recently.  All was well.  Can't speak to their uppers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
No problems with mine. Take down pin was a bit stiff the first few times. But after cycling the pin back and forth a few times, it loosened up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
No issues with my lower.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#10]
They manufactured the Colt 6900 under license..
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a lower. Good finish and no problems.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:29:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a lower as well. PSA lpk and Wilson trigger went together and runs really well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just installed a PSA LPK in my Anderson lower tonight and everything went just fine. The finish on mine is also very nice.
View Quote

Haha!  I was doing the exact same thing last night! Anderson stripped lower with PSA "classic" LPK. Mine went in with zero issues as well and the finish is beautiful.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/kmildhs/010_zps7d0ed456.jpg
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/kmildhs/009_zps84e4a2bc.jpg
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#14]
That horse is fugly

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah the horse is ugly.
My daughter saw it and asked "Is that supposed to be a Horse ? It looks more like a sea serpent or a bad dragon"
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#16]

BTT for more reviews.  These are available at my LGS for $90.  How are they compared to Spike's lowers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

BTT for more reviews.  These are available at my LGS for $90.  How are they compared to Spike's lowers?
View Quote

Never had a Spike's, but I have had no problems with my Anderson lower.  Nice finish, and went together without any issues.  

My bargain-basement blaster is built with an Anderson lower and it works great.

100_3219 by john.nikon, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I have 2 lowers from them, no issues yet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy crap!  They are available at Karri's Guns and Fat Boy Tactical for under $60, probably other online sites as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you read this?
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I have one of their lowers with a PSA LPK.  No issues.  Finish is fantastic.  They also started offering 10% LEO/Military discount.  I emailed them a few weeks back about getting in on the discount.  Had an answer in 20 minutes and a phone call to tell me my account was setup for the discount.  Very happy with their CS.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/Quags1/AR%20Project/IMAG0421_zps214b1fb3.jpg
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I've use 4 in builds over the years-----0 issues with any of them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Where did you read this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you read this?

Confirmed in this thread on this page: LINK

On top of that, I talked to some people that left absolutely no doubt in MY mind what I read here was true.

Can't say I'd buy anything from Anderson because of their sleezy sales tactics here.  They tried the new account "has anyone  heard of..." thing more that once if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for confirmation.  The only thing I liked on that rifle is the simple rounded trigger guard.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks for confirmation.  The only thing I liked on that rifle is the simple rounded trigger guard.
View Quote

I agree. Colt really missed the bus on that one, it's neither fish nor fowl.  But that Colt would approve Anderson to manufacture Colt-branded rifles was an impressive thing to me.

I used two of their lowers on rifles and they were excellent.  High quality machining, nice threads, proper holes, clean on delivery.  Very, very good.  I understand the overly aggressive hype they used when trying to "break-in" and I think they were chastised and cleaned things up.  I'll give them a pass at this point on that and trust their products.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I have one of these lowers. No problems with any pins or parts fitting. I think the Denver Broncos logo sucks, as does the 96 pt. font underneath it. At the end of the day, I don't care much about rollmarks so long as the lowers are in spec and serviceable. Hell, I've got two double dong lowers too and they don't bother me one bit! Just don't color fill 'em and they won't bother you as much.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top