Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2013 1:23:24 PM EDT
I took my son out yesterday to shoot my 6920 with a Geissele trigger installed, at the range somewhere around the 60th to 70th round down range it double tapped, my son was shooting (19 years old) when it happened and of course when I heard it got my attention so I started watching him and the rifle closely and then 4 or 5 rounds later it did it again.  I asked him if he was just pulling the trigger quickly, he stated no it just happened. It occurred at the end of our range time so we packed up and headed to the house I figured I would break it down tonight and have a look.

Background, I installed the Geissele trigger a couple of months ago (when I get the house I'll add the model number) and since then I've put 200 to 300 rounds down range prior to this with no problems it shot like a dream. I was planning to disassemble and clean the gun, but those of you with more experience with this sort of thing what should I be looling for or what mistake might I have made installing the trigger.  Now I'm not new to AR's I've had several over the years and installed several after market triggers but I've never had this happen.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Bill G says right on his industry forum call or email right away with any problems and they will take care of it STAT (immediately)
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this one of their 3Gun triggers?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bill G says right on his industry forum call or email right away with any problems and they will take care of it STAT (immediately)
View Quote

This....... If it is installed correctly I would not tinker with it just contact Geiselle and they will get you squared away.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is this one of their 3Gun triggers?
View Quote

This is what it sounds like to me.

Call the shop, Bill has awesome CS and will take care of it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
GA has excellent customer service on the rare occasions that it's actually needed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe this is their SSA-E trigger, Thanks everyone I'll call them first thing in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
IF it's a small pin trigger that you installed in a LARGE-PIN Colt, this is EXACTLY what happens.  (Ask me how I know--says the guy who had a large pin Colt but was told it was small-pin.)

IF your 6920 was made prior to Feb 2009, and you bought a small-regular-pin SSA-E, then THAT is the problem.  ;o)
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IF it's a small pin trigger that you installed in a LARGE-PIN Colt, this is EXACTLY what happens.  (Ask me how I know--says the guy who had a large pin Colt but was told it was small-pin.)

IF your 6920 was made prior to Feb 2009, and you bought a small-regular-pin SSA-E, then THAT is the problem.  ;o)
View Quote

this....
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I believe this is their SSA-E trigger, Thanks everyone I'll call them first thing in the morning.
View Quote

Same thing happened to me with the same trigger recently. Let us know what he says
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You didn't notice the sloppy fit installing .155 pins in a .170 hole?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#11]
no sloppy fit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
no sloppy fit.
View Quote

Well then we know you're using the correct fire control group. It just seems that eviljoe should've noticed a problem when he installed .155 pins in .170 holes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I was given a Spikes Nickel boron trigger/hammer, and it had to be pushed in, and I guess the tension kept it tight.  
No one at the range could figure it out--I wondered if it was a large-pin Colt, but it seemed to fit.

Turns out, that was the problem.  Put a large pin Geiselle in, and never had a problem again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Eviljoe you nailed it, I feel like an idiot.  When I ordered it for Brownells a few months back they either didn't have the large pin trigger or I missed it.  Ordered a new trigger direct from Gessiele today.  There was no damage or marks on the current small pin trigger so it will soon be listed in equipment exchange section.  Thanks to everyone.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#16]
So you had .155 pins in a .170 hole? It just seems to me that upon installation you'd notice a problem immediately. Should've been sloppy as hell...
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#17]
not near as much as you would think.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
not near as much as you would think.
View Quote

Understood.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top