Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2013 7:38:15 PM EDT
Anyone with the Seekins SP223 ever had this problem. Seems like the the spring and detent hole is not centered to the pivot pin hole making the pivot pin have to be slanted like this / http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/jferg711/photo.jpg
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same issue. Sent an email about it to [email protected]  
Looks like a few made it through qc.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything else is perfect. Guess ill send them an email. When did you notice your was messed up and how long ago did you send your email?
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 4:00:50 AM EDT
[#3]
My Seekins lower is fine, but its also well over a year old. I had this problem once, but it was the groove in the pivot pin wasn't machined on center. Since a couple guys are having this issue with the same lower, I'd guess that's your problem. This is the first real problem I've seen from a SP product. Usually they're gtg.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 4:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Any chance you could remove the pin completely and put a toothpick in there to show us the complete angle of the detent/spring cavity?
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any chance you could remove the pin completely and put a toothpick in there to show us the complete angle of the detent/spring cavity?
View Quote

I'd also like to see this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The hole on mine appears to be strait, it is just drilled to high.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly what I meant in my earlier post. The groove in the pivot pin was machined perfectly straight, just a tad too high from the centerline of the pin.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly what I meant in my earlier post. Your problem is the pin, not the lower.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Im going to break it down tomorrow and ill get a pic. The pin worked fine with my other Seekins lower so its not the pin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
After sending the email to seekins, they sent an RMA label right away. I can't imagine what they will do to fix it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
After sending the email to seekins, they sent an RMA label right away. I can't imagine what they will do to fix it.
View Quote

If the lower is found to be defective, they'll most likely destroy it and give you a new lower with the same serial number. I've been through this with PSA and they're forged lowers on two occasions. The second time they sent me a new lower and told me to destroy the old one immediately upon receiving the replacement(FFL Holder).
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

WTF Over ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the lower is found to be defective, they'll most likely destroy it and give you a new lower with the same serial number. I've been through this with PSA and they're forged lowers on two occasions. The second time they sent me a new lower and told me to destroy the old one immediately upon receiving the replacement(FFL Holder).

WTF Over ?

Can't say anymore...
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#14]
It's clear to see that the hole is a little high. I have sent it back but they are telling me 2-4 weeks turn around. Shouldn't take that long to look it over and send a new one but guess there is more behind it than I'm a where of.
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/jferg711/photo-1.jpg
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow. That is definitely the first time I have seen or heard of that. Doesn't seem like Seekins' QC department is doing a good job.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#16]
2-4 weeks for them to get a new lower out to you?
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#17]
This is what the email said. They also did not attach the RMA form in the email.

Dear Justin,

We apologize that you are having troubles with your Seekins Precision
product.  We have attached an RMA form for your convenience to return the
product to us.  This is needed for our Returns Department to successfully
repair or replace your product in a timely matter.  Our current typical RMA
turnaround time is 2 - 4 weeks depending upon the issue and parts
availability. Please complete this form in its entirety and return it along
with your product(s) to us.  If this RMA form is not included, the process
will be delayed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry to see you had a issue. we have very very few issues with product so we can turn and burn on it very quick. RMA's get priority, so If you send it in, chances are you will get a tracking notice for the replacement within a day. They just sent you our standard time frame. Reason is because everyone wants to know how long it will take and we would rather over deliver than over promise.
View Quote

great cs.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Received my noticed this weekend. Thanks for all the help and getting the new lower sent out to me. The 2-4 weeks scared me at first but then I realized that weather or not I got it in 1 week vs. 4 weeks the rifle still would be finished. Again thanks to Seekins Precision.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top