Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2013 9:36:58 AM EDT
I recently purchased a Colt LE6920 Magpul Edition from Sportsmans Outdoor Super Store and wanted to give a short review on the rifle to show how Colt is doing in these tough times.

It shipped with (1) gen 2 Magpul magazine, an operator's manual, lock, all magpul furniture, and a chamber flag.

As soon as I picked up the rifle from my FFL I added a few things so just try to ignore them for now.

Here's how the rifle looked as soon as it came out of the packing:

Here's a few pictures of the Bolt Carrier Group:

Left side of the receiver showing a few "bin" marks:

Front sight base:

Right side of the receiver:

I forgot to take a picture of the staking of the castle nut but it is excellent:

Barrel showing more "bin" marks:

And here's a picture of the whole rifle in the current configuration:

I have not test fired it but I will be taking it out to the range for accuracy and reliability test in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Would kill to get my hands on one of those.

Btw, colt bcg's are sellin so good right now that you could probably sell it and by a bravo company bcg and profit 100 dollars.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
My 6920 was not carefully handled at the factory. Lots of scratches and scrapes, but nothing deep enough to reveal bare aluminum.

It didn't bother me a bit as I knew this weapon was going to get used without concern for cosmetic abuse.

It's an excellent tool for someone who wants a quality weapon that performs accurately and reliably.

I still hate the look of the 16" M4 barrel.

I had a LT-13.2 & BCM GB waiting for the 6920 to arrive.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My 6920 was not carefully handled at the factory. Lots of scratches and scrapes, but nothing deep enough to reveal bare aluminum.

It didn't bother me a bit as I knew this weapon was going to get used without concern for cosmetic abuse.

It's an excellent tool for someone who wants a quality weapon that performs accurately and reliably.

The barrels flash hider is easily and legally removable right?? if so that is cool.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good to me. Those bin marks are nearly impossible to avoid on that kind of finish.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are two small spots on the lower receiver that shows bare aluminum on my rifle. I don't really mind because the rifle will be refinished later this month but I can understand how it can make some people upset. And eventually I would like to trade out the 16" for a 14.5" but I'm not too sure who to go through for that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The barrels flash hider is easily and legally removable right?? if so that is cool.

Yes, legally removable.

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up an FDE model from Walmart yesterday.  Mine looks perfect, except they didn't clean up the metallic dust from drilling the FSB pin holes.  I thought it was kind of dumb to include a black Pmag instead of an FDE one though.  I am a little disappointed that they are not including two magazines and the cleaning kit any more, but not enough to kill the sale.  I am sure that is how they thought we would feel, so they kept the price the same while reducing the number of goodies.  $1147 plus tax at Wally World, and I had to ask if they had any in the back.  It appears they are still not putting them out in the display case.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Btw, colt bcg's are sellin so good right now that you could probably sell it and by a bravo company bcg and profit 100 dollars.

Yeah, they're like gold right now but I wouldn't get rid of it. It's a great spare once I can find myself a BCM
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are two small spots on the lower receiver that shows bare aluminum on my rifle. I don't really mind because the rifle will be refinished later this month but I can understand how it can make some people upset. And eventually I would like to trade out the 16" for a 14.5" but I'm not too sure who to go through for that.

I have a New Colt 14.5" M4 barrel sitting in the safe. Debating on what to do with it, but having it re profiled is an option.

There are some very nice 14.5" barrels out there these days.

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I picked up an FDE model from Walmart yesterday.  Mine looks perfect, except they didn't clean up the metallic dust from drilling the FSB pin holes.  I thought it was kind of dumb to include a black Pmag instead of an FDE one though.  I am a little disappointed that they are not including two magazines and the cleaning kit any more, but not enough to kill the sale.  I am sure that is how they thought we would feel, so they kept the price the same while reducing the number of goodies.  $1147 plus tax at Wally World, and I had to ask if they had any in the back.  It appears they are still not putting them out in the display case.

From what I've heard, Magpul is only making black PMAGs at the moment... and that's a good price. I paid about the same for mine.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could have ADCO cut the barrel to 14.7" and pin on a standard length muzzle device.

ETA: Nice score!
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a New Colt 14.5" M4 barrel sitting in the safe. Debating on what to do with it, but having it re profiled is an option.

There are some very nice 14.5" barrels out there these days.

I was leaning towards BCM but keeping it Colt "orginal" is a viable option as well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could have ADCO cut the barrel to 14.7" and have them pin on a standard length muzzle device.

Do you know how long that would take approximately?
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Probably a week, I'd give them a call to make sure though. They definitely aren't one of those "we'll do it when we feel like it"  kind of places.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks great!  Good choice  
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks great!  Good choice  

Thank you. I'm very happy with it
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Colts are not known to be pretty out of the box.  Nice stick.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

All the BCM bcgs I've seen are $275+, so where in the world can you actually SELL a Colt bcg for $375?
nice rifle OP
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Had one at my LGS, not Wal-Mart mind you, yesterday for $1,249.99.

I already bought one last December, just remarking here to say they are back out there now.

Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Congrats on the Colt.  Don't worry about the finish...you will have time to make your scratches during use.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I just happend to see and buy mine at WM in either late Nov. or Dec. before the craziness.  It was virtually flawless by my eyes at least.  Very nice weapon!  So far, its been a little coddled, but that will change over time.  I saw two in my local small town WM yesterday.  They may have been up a few bucks, but not much.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#22]
is there any play between upper and lower? i handled a couple but they all have some play and wobble
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
is there any play between upper and lower? i handled a couple but they all have some play and wobble

Play between the upper and lower means nothing.  If it did, all of the AR manufacturers would make them so that there is no play.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There is a small amount, but not any bothersome amount.  My mix and match carbine is actuall a tad bit tighter, but what the hell.  The Colt is still very nice.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There is very little play between the receivers in my carbine
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could have ADCO cut the barrel to 14.7" and have them pin on a standard length muzzle device.

Do you know how long that would take approximately?

Maybe a week.....2 tops.  My Dad had a 20" barrel threaded and crowned in Feb.  He sent it out one week and it was on his doorstep the following week.

Unless if you wish to keep that barrel at 16", your best option would be to have ADCO do it.  They are the best and have even been known to fix factory faults with crowning and threading (not with Colts -- which are almost always GTG to begin with.  But they're (ADCO) good)......plus it will be cheaper than buying a new barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top