Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2013 2:27:34 PM EDT
Looking for pictures of ADCO Firearms pinned and welded KAC QD hiders on 14.5" barrels.  What do they use to make them legal length?  Just want to get a general idea of their overall work.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Here one they did for me with a standard A2. They make a spacer for $15 to reach 16in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just want to get a general idea of their overall work.

Speaking as a very satisfied customer, I highly recommend ADCO. I've used their services in the past and in the process of using them again.
I could save the shipping and have work done locally but would rather have the peace of mind knowing it's being done the right way by some of
the best in the industry. Check them out, you won't regret it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I just put a 14.5" BCM upper in the mail today for ADCO. My hope had been to get it done by a local smith (save on shipping and support my local GS) but I was quoted triple the price and a two-three week back log. So off to Adco it goes, with a BC 1.5 waiting on it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I almost didn't have adco pin my battlecomp...but then I did.

It was back in less than 2 weeks and looks great.

(sorry this wasn't on topic).

Deal with confidence with adco. Just follow their instructions in their stickies and on their website.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the responses guys.  I was going to get my own spacer and have it done locally, but I think I'm just going to send it to ADCO instead.  My big worry is it looking decent.  I looked at some pictures of ones that used jam nuts, and I didn't care for that look at all.

As far as ADCO, I imagine they would use the KAC shim kit that came with my flash hider, along with their spacer, correct?  I still want to be able to use it for a can in the future, and a crush washer being used would worry me.  My luck, I would get a baffle strike, lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]
ADCO is the best
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 3:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Turnaround time is incredible with Adco.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just put a 14.5" BCM upper in the mail today for ADCO. My hope had been to get it done by a local smith (save on shipping and support my local GS) but I was quoted triple the price and a two-three week back log. So off to Adco it goes, with a BC 1.5 waiting on it.

As a follow-up, I sent my BCM upper on Thursday 5-2-13 to be pinned with a BC 1.5. It arrived at ADCO on Saturday 5-4-13. I got return shipping notification this morning on 5-6-13. Unless they have special shop gnomes that work on Sunday, that's ONE DAY turnaround time.

ADCO=GTG

Link Posted: 5/6/2013 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Agree.

Sent upper to be assembled and FH pinned by ADCO. They received I think Wednesday afternoon. I got shipping notice Thursday am.

1/2 day turnaround. Great job too.

They accomplish the impossible service trifecta of GOOD + CHEAP + FAST.  Usually you can only get 2 out of 3.

Link Posted: 5/6/2013 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Adco pinned my KAC QD FH.  I couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the responses guys.  I was going to get my own spacer and have it done locally, but I think I'm just going to send it to ADCO instead.  My big worry is it looking decent.  I looked at some pictures of ones that used jam nuts, and I didn't care for that look at all.

As far as ADCO, I imagine they would use the KAC shim kit that came with my flash hider, along with their spacer, correct?  I still want to be able to use it for a can in the future, and a crush washer being used would worry me.  My luck, I would get a baffle strike, lol.

The one thing you need to consider is ADCO and other places intentionally make the pin/weld visible.  That way it is easily identifiable for compliance purposes.  

They could easily hide it and make it look like it's not there, but that's not what they do.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ADCO is the best

Thanks. I was just wondering if you were mad at us, as we haven't seen anything with your name in a while. We got used to seeing something from you almost every week! :)

As for the KAC - we do so many we stock the spacers for the job now. We use our spacer and the necessary shims. If the barrel was threaded properly, there should be no issue with a suppressor installed.

Just to let you know, I submitted my order today!  You will be receiving my stripped upper, a new 14.5" SOCOM barrel, and a KAC hider kit.  Will be shipping out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#15]
nvm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top