Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/24/2013 7:04:15 AM EDT
Let's cut to the chase, I want to know the quality of the rifles. I don't want you to base your opinions of them because off their customer service, bad marketing, brand management etc e.g. posting false and staged reviews of their own rifles or commenting. I have an AM-15 lower on a DelTon M4 16" upper, it fits tight all around the only thing I don't like is the stock is so tight it is difficult to extend and collapse without putting a little muscle in it, if you collapse it all the way I have to put one hand on the pistol grip and another on the stock and pull opposite of both hands to extend it. I might replace the buffer tube with a slightly smaller one if that is the problem. Well what do you think of the quality of the rifle in comparison to other rifles of its price range and then to high priced rifles. Thank you and once again no comments on their customer service, marketing, brand management. Just on the quality of the rifles
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Didn't you just shill for them last night?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Shill? I don't think I did. I posted the same post last night but I think it got deleted as it's not anywhere on this forum anymore. Why does anyone who asks anything about them get flagged for shilling? I am asking this because I want to hear a clear review of the rifle because I don't know enough about them. For one they are in northern kentucky and I am on the other end of the state second of all I would've made a review of the rifle itself and said it was outstanding above all other firearms if I was shilling.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you have a Franken AR.

Could you post the specs of the Anderson AR?

Many of us use customer service as part of the overall quality of the rifle when determining which rifle to purchase.

I just checked their website and based on their specs or lack of specs I would not buy a Anderson Arms AR.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an Anderson lower, the writing on the lower looks kinda cheap but the rest of the machining and finish looks top notch.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I believe the Mod asked his relationship to the company, he didn't answer, so the thread was deleted.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Sell the rifle... buy something that is quality.  LMT, Colt, DD, BCM unless you want to spend extra on some nice exotic brand (which doesn't include BRO despite the price ).  Anderson Manufacturing's reputation is about as bad as it gets.  This is probably why your thread was deleted just for mentioning them.  its kinda like that voldemort character from harry potter... its best to just not say their name.  Because once you do there is always some dude with no credibility and no sources that comes in on his 1st post talking about RF85 technology and how it is about to be the DoD standard and anderson is the only one to have it and how rome WAS built in a day and it was bc they had RF85 technology and how the death star from star wars was built on an AM15 lower and a bunch of shit like that with like 10 exclamation marks after everything.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Ummmmm.....seems to me YOU would be in a good place to give a review of the lower, considering you claim to own one.

Once again, my guess is shill.  However, if not, just get a milspec buffer tube and a milspec magpul stock like you were askin about last night.  There is no "slightly smaller one."  There's only two sizes.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
What is your relationship with Anderson Manufacturing?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an Anderson lower, the writing on the lower looks kinda cheap but the rest of the machining and finish looks top notch.

I had the same thoughts. Sometimes I look at it though and it just looks like they used a crappy font. They are in dire need of re-branding, and it wouldn't hurt for the owners to address the shilling in all places that were affected and maybe apologize.

Another KY manufacturer Accurate Armory makes decent rifles but has piss poor brand management, and gets the same treatment. At least in their case it's overly enthusiastic shooters and not their VP making claims, but their rifles never get a fair comparison because of it. I can't say I've had super positive experiences with these brands, so they're delusional if they think people aren't fair in their assessment that the CS and branding sucks, and they're mistaken if they think that quality rifles alone put you in a top tier.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the same thoughts. Sometimes I look at it though and it just looks like they used a crappy font. They are in dire need of re-branding, and it wouldn't hurt for the owners to address the shilling in all places that were affected and maybe apologize.

Another KY manufacturer Accurate Armory makes decent rifles but has piss poor brand management, and gets the same treatment. At least in their case it's overly enthusiastic shooters and not their VP making claims, but their rifles never get a fair comparison because of it. I can't say I've had super positive experiences with these brands, so they're delusional if they think people aren't fair in their assessment that the CS and branding sucks, and they're mistaken if they think that quality rifles alone put you in a top tier.

If you go to their website they have pops ups saying they have nothing in stock. Do you think the OP is shilling for a company that is pretty much out of business?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I have no relationship to this company whatsoever other than living in the same state they are made. I bought the lower last spring early summer when their was a rush to buy AR's for the fear of Obama getting elected again and banning them. It was my first AR and I didn't want to spend to much on my entry AR they didn't have any complete rifles for the price I was looking for at my local gun store and they had an Anderson Lower and a DelTon upper and pieced it together with a quad rail for $650 so I went with it as they were selling everything pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Just get a good quality mil spec buffer tube assembly, and a Mag Pul mil spec buttstock. You could also try a little shot of tri-flow, or other spray lube down into the buttstock. Just a thought. I have built Del Ton parts kits different lowers. I think Del-Ton is ok, from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the Mod asked his relationship to the company, he didn't answer, so the thread was deleted.

That is what I thought I saw.

Odd, it was.  

Good luck, OP.  Mil receiver extension, VLTOR iMod.  Life will be beautiful
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have no relationship to this company whatsoever other than living in the same state they are made. I bought the lower last spring early summer when their was a rush to buy AR's for the fear of Obama getting elected again and banning them. It was my first AR and I didn't want to spend to much on my entry AR they didn't have any complete rifles for the price I was looking for at my local gun store and they had an Anderson Lower and a DelTon upper and pieced it together with a quad rail for $650 so I went with it as they were selling everything pretty quickly.

Honestly man, what are you concerned about?  The tight buttstock to receiver extension fit?  It happens, you can get a new stock or buffer tube, or just get both, really doesn't say anything to the quality of the lower.  If everything is in spec, all the pieces from the LPK fit without issues, and everything that is supposed to move does so without binding up, there really isn't anything more to it.  

Lower receivers are what I would consider the easy thing.  If you had an Anderson upper then maybe I'd be concerned, but with the lower, as long as everything works, who cares who made it?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I have five guns that have Anderson lowers and they are all great.  Excellent fit & finish.  I bought them before I ever heard of Anderson, so I had no preconceptions or prejudices.  They were about $10 to $20 cheaper than the next higher priced lower.

Lower closeup:

All my 300 BLK guns have Anderson lowers:

They also take paint well:

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you go to their website they have pops ups saying they have nothing in stock. Do you think the OP is shilling for a company that is pretty much out of business?

I don't really know if I think OP is shilling (I never said he was), but the guy that usually shills for Anderson IS stupid enough to shill in this exact same manner, so it's not out of the question.

but Anderson is definitely not out of business. Go to BCM or Noveske, are they Out of Business because they have nothing in stock? These Anderson lowers are EVERYWHERE around here right now. I just picked one up for $100. I have no idea how you came up with the assumption in your response.... by that logic, every single AR parts manufacturer in the country is pretty much out of business.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really know if I think OP is shilling (I never said he was), but the guy that usually shills for Anderson IS stupid enough to shill in this exact same manner, so it's not out of the question.

but Anderson is definitely not out of business. Go to BCM or Noveske, are they Out of Business because they have nothing in stock? These Anderson lowers are EVERYWHERE around here right now. I just picked one up for $100. I have no idea how you came up with the assumption in your response.... by that logic, every single AR parts manufacturer in the country is pretty much out of business.

I grabbed the wrong post to quote. But BCM has plenty of items in stock. Noveske even before the panic never really showed product in stock
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I was thinking of putting an Anderson Lower on a KAC SR-15 Mod 1 Upper. I had another thread about that. But after reading countless reviews over the passed few days I have come to the assumption I wouldn't touch an Anderson Upper.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I grabbed the wrong post to quote. But BCM has plenty of items in stock. Noveske even before the panic never really showed product in stock

Fair enough, but I don't see any Uppers (actually there is one complete upper in stock), Lowers, or BCGs in stock at BCM, and that's what the Anderson pop up said they were out of stock of - it said "Due to high demand we are out of stock of uppers, lowers, and lower parts. Please allow 7 to 14 days for your order to ship". Anderson has A2 pistol grips, free float handguards, bipods, buffers, gas tubes, gas blocks, barrels, flash hiders, back up sights, springs, stocks, mags, and more (I was actually surprised looking at their store - they have more in stock than BCM, and I'd almost say they have more in stock than Brownells. I didn't expect their online store to have so much in stock.)

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top