BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 228
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Pic thread.

Pre-paint, kind of makes me want to strip it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Is that a B5 coyote brown?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HammerForged:

Is that a B5 coyote brown?
View Quote
Yes sir.  

Also that pmag is FDE dyed with a little sunshine orange.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey gang, am I being unreasonable to think that all these RAS rails going for $180+ is a bunch of BS? I’ve bought a handful of them over the years for $80-120 with different combinations of panels and grip and just don’t understand the prices I’m seeing in the EE.

Just looking for some feedback, if I gotta pay that much for another set I might just change gears and go for another RIS II.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Will816:
Hey gang, am I being unreasonable to think that all these RAS rails going for $180+ is a bunch of BS? I’ve bought a handful of them over the years for $80-120 with different combinations of panels and grip and just don’t understand the prices I’m seeing in the EE.

Just looking for some feedback, if I gotta pay that much for another set I might just change gears and go for another RIS II.
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing. I even emailed a guy about one that was new and he was wanting  $500 For the set. I thought it was something else and my curiosity had me email him. Nope. Same ole same. Needless to say I about shit and fell back in it!!!

I'm not paying more than $150 tops! I still see them around for $110 to $150.  And $85ish for a salty one.
They just come in waves IMO.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#7]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:
I was thinking the same thing. I even emailed a guy about one that was new and he was wanting  $500 For the set. I thought it was something else and my curiosity had me email him. Nope. Same ole same. Needless to say I about shit and fell back in it!!!

I'm not paying more than $150 tops! I still see them around for $110 to $150.  And $85ish for a salty one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I almost posted the same thing here.  I bought a govt. M4 barrel and wanted another RIS for my A2 and about shit when I saw these prices.  My last one was $75 and still had all the accessories still in the pouch, also I sold an RIS RAS II for 100 bucks last year.  WTF is going on?  Now I'm seeing some for $180 and not even complete.   Someone replied "what else comes with it?"  Lol  ETA: I honestly don't think they meant to be a smartass, I think they were having a mild stroke.

Fixed, read RIS too many times.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mossyrocks:

I almost posted the same thing here.  I bought a govt. M4 barrel and wanted another RIS for my A2 and about shit when I saw these prices.  My last one was $75 and still had all the accessories still in the pouch, also I sold an RIS II for 100 bucks last year.  WTF is going on?  Now I'm seeing some for $180 and not even complete.   Someone replied "what else comes with it?"  Lol  ETA: I honestly don't think they meant to be a smartass, I think they were having a mild stroke.
View Quote
I’m kinda thinking right now if I get a DD M4A1 RIS II from Brownells with a 10% off coupon, I can sell the 16” barrel and pinned gas block for maybe $200 and sell the receiver for $100. Then I’d have an RIS II for around $300. That makes a KAC RAS for close to $200 a tough pill to swallow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Yup. Ridiculous
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 2:32:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#11]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
I saw that EE response as well.

These are 2 that are killing me:

I bought 2 KAC VB marked last year for $100 for the both. Some wear but usable by far, and a P&S contract like new for $85?, IIRC?

I'll wait it out.
View Quote
I'll have to wait as well, I just can't fathom paying that.  And not even complete...  Maybe 60 100 bucks if I'm feeling froggy.  60 for some sandy ones.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey gang, am I being unreasonable to think that all these RAS rails going for $180+ is a bunch of BS? I've bought a handful of them over the years for $80-120 with different combinations of panels and grip and just don't understand the prices I'm seeing in the EE.

View Quote
I blame the airsoft guys. Those kids seems to have a ton of disposable income or something.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw that EE response as well.

These are 2 that are killing me:

I bought 2 KAC VB marked last year for $100 for the both. Some wear but usable by far, and a P&S contract like new for $85?, IIRC?

I'll wait it out.
View Quote
DAFUQ!?!?!?!?

No disrespect to the seller(s) buut fuq I sold the same thing in 2014 for $100shipped and asked $125 IIRC and I thought I was high.  Thats like a Brazilian % inflation
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Same with most of the popular "must haves".  Look at the increase on Colt SOCOM bbls.
It'll even out.....eventually.
View Quote
Those SOCOM barrels have been selling in new condition for $300-350, used for $250-300, and used with cut down FSB’s or no gas block for $225-250. But Arms Unlimited has them new for $240
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#18]
But Arms Unlimited has them new for $240
View Quote
Had......

I managed to get one...should have gotten two.  I wonder how often they get them in stock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sanman28:

Had......

I managed to get one...should have gotten two.  I wonder how often they get them in stock.
View Quote
My guess is 2-3 months. Maybe more. I can't even remember how long I had the out of stock email notice before this last batch. Seems like 6 months. Then again it could have just felt like that long.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:14:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#21]

8-10 months, IIRC?
View Quote
I think so.

I’m not a big fan of them, prefer the feel of the govt profile 14.5s.  Getting harder to find though, just snagged one on the EE.

My clones are my go to farm rifles, like em abused and light. Would most likely take my Colt block 1.5 into a shit hit the fan situation.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Anybody have a YHM Tri-rail sitting around that they don't want?

As seen here:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

As seen here:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310340/23h0dpi-518356.JPG
View Quote
Didn't you already do one of those? Or I remember you at least wanted to a few years ago. Memory banks are warming up- you ended up going with a similar 1 piece rail instead of the extension huh?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Didn't you already do one of those? Or I remember you at least wanted to a few years ago. Memory banks are warming up- you ended up going with a similar 1 piece rail instead of the extension huh?
View Quote
I bought an Ergo rail extension (as seen on MARSOC rifles). Unfortunately it's heavy and the attachment leaves a lot to be desired; no matter how carefully you attach and tighten it, it ends up off-center. Like, a lot.

Ergo rail extension:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought an Ergo rail extension (as seen on MARSOC rifles). Unfortunately it's heavy and the attachment leaves a lot to be desired; no matter how carefully you attach and tighten it, it ends up off-center. Like, a lot.

Ergo rail extension:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310340/635539092283455781-MAR-LA-mock-raid-1-518365.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Ergo rail extension:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310340/635539092283455781-MAR-LA-mock-raid-1-518365.JPG
Ahh that's right. I think that's the closest I've ever seen a PEQ-16 or any PEQ to a muzzle device.

The YHM does look a bit more useable/less intrusive. And lighter weight is always a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#28]

As seen here:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310340/23h0dpi-518356.JPG
View Quote
I’ve hunted one for years and no dice. BCM had something like it in stock a while back. It’s like a Canadian version type thing.

BCM tri rail
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:28:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#30]
Hahahahahaha.....lookie....lookie...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/-/159-1760793/?
View Quote
Haha, am I taking crazy pills?

Maybe 50 bucks.

ETA, more power to them I guess, people are buying so you can’t blame them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Mossyrocks:

Haha, am I taking crazy pills?

Maybe 50 bucks.
View Quote
I haven't seen them go for $50 in the last 6 months but typically  $75 to $100. Lol

I think if we all team up we can change the market on here. Resist to buy. ( myself included)
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#32]

I haven't seen them go for $50 in the last 6 months but typically  $75 to $100. Lol

I think if we all team up we can change the market on here. Resist to buy. ( myself included)
View Quote
For P&S marked I’m sticking with 50. Lol, especially incomplete.

Might be worth more but that’s where I’m a buyer...  Anyway, I’ll help with the resistance!
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:

I’ve hunted one for years and no dice. BCM had something like it in stock a while back. It’s like a Canadian version type thing.

BCM tri rail
View Quote
UTG () is making a clone of the YHM rail now. For all that's worth.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Is KAC still offering the "seconds" kits directly for $150?
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#35]
I have not seen them offer the seconds for over a year.  May be longer but I wasn't looking.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I remember those M4 seconds. I tried ordering one but they wouldn't send them to Cali because they were named on the AWB list
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey for those of you with Redi-Mags and no gaskets- two ranger bands work perfectly. @5pt56 @tigwelder1971

Still waiting on gaskets from Redi-Mag and trying stuff out in the meantime.
View Quote
Thanks @DontBuryMe , great to know as well!

Found these over my lunch and thought I'd share. I'm no artist! These are factory gaskets. I'm using an old bicycle tire inner tube and that works great. Plus it's free and sitting around the house.

Link Posted: 4/18/2018 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Forgive me if this has been discussed here, but can we talk about slings for a moment?
(One item I never see listed in the beginning of the clone thread "parts lists". Why is that?)

I've seen reference to the "Tactical Ordnance and Equipment Improved combat sling" for the Block I program, and no
further reference to slings for Phased Replacements or Block II.
I've also seen reference to the Blue Force Vickers sling as being "standard issue".
So questions:

1. What exactly is the "standard issue" sling for the M4/M4A1, particularly post 2005? Does the SOPMOD program modify that at all?
2. What exactly is a "Tactical Ordnance and Equipment Improved combat sling"?
3. What are some acceptable alternatives for "clone building"?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 1:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#41]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Forgive me if this has been discussed here, but can we talk about slings for a moment?
(One item I never see listed in the beginning of the clone thread "parts lists". Why is that?)

I've seen reference to the "Tactical Ordnance and Equipment Improved combat sling" for the Block I program, and no
further reference to slings for Phased Replacements or Block II.
I've also seen reference to the Blue Force Vickers sling as being "standard issue".
So questions:

1. What exactly is the "standard issue" sling for the M4/M4A1, particularly post 2005? Does the SOPMOD program modify that at all?
2. What exactly is a "Tactical Ordnance and Equipment Improved combat sling"?
3. What are some acceptable alternatives for "clone building"?

Thanks.
View Quote
I would say for the block 1- the standard Colt web sling (I use a 240 sling- same sling but with a pad on it)

And the VCAS and VTAC are the 2 most common block 1.5 and block 2 slings from what ive seen in the past. Some Magpul, some standard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

Doesn't it go through the front sight base, and straddle the base / gas tube pin area?
View Quote
It does. It ends up quite a bit off-center when you tighten it up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Same thing happened to mine it was canted up.

Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:42:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By uniform64:
I remember those M4 seconds. I tried ordering one but they wouldn't send them to Cali because they were named on the AWB list
View Quote
For cereal?
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

For cereal?
View Quote
Yup! For cereal! They were busting my balls when I asked for a replacement cross bolt for a sight. I'm sure it's the full semi auto RAS

Link Posted: 4/19/2018 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Same thing happened to mine it was canted up.

https://i.imgur.com/LOTSiZ1.jpg
View Quote
This arouses me, no homo!
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Snagged two YHM rails today. One NOS and one used.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Snagged two YHM rails today. One NOS and one used.
View Quote
That was quick!!!!! Solid work!

Where's the pic proof?
Page / 228
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top