Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:46:59 PM EDT
Looking for front sight dimensions the front gas block rail is lower than the upper rail. I have a magpul rear sight and my local gun shop has a swamp fox front flip up sight I want to use but I am not sure if the height will be correct any advice would be a big help thanks Sean
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a height difference, you need a gas block height front iron sight. Armalite makes an A2 picatinny type they run about $50. Midwest ind used to offer a flip up forward sight, I used to have one. Check with them too, maybe they still offer it.

I tried to find the iron sight you are talking about and I can't find anything.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm really looking for an actual diagram of the dimensions
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm really looking for an actual diagram of the dimensions

You might need to contact DPMS for that.

Edit: there are two types of railed gas blocks. One being same plane height and the other being gas block height. The first allows you to mount irons or optics that sit at the same height as the top of your receiver. The second one is lower, how lower you ask I do not not but it is very noticeable.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top