Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:15:57 AM EDT
Can someone tell me where Noveske puts the chainsaw logo on their rifles and rifle parts?   I have read th lower is on the trigger guard.   Can someone tell me what other seconds the sell and where the chainsaw logo is place to confirm it is a second?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 5:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Gen 1 lower: underneath trigger guard
Gen 2 lower: outside trigger guard
Upper receiver: Underneath the forward assist housing

As far as I know, those are the only chainsaw parts. Noveske (RIP) doesn't make complete rifles with chainsaw parts...at least I've never heard of it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#2]
did the older blems have chainsaw markings on them?  i bought a blem several years ago and could not find a single flaw on it...and it had no chainsaw markings on it.

also, why is noveske the only ones you see that are chainsaw grade?  i havent seen any blems in other brands...

and i know this is a little off topic, but i bought a grade a noveske lower a few weeks ago and it will not take the bolt catch without binding it up.  i tried a DD bolt catch and thought it might be out of spec, so i put in a spikes and it was so tight it wouldnt even move...so im thinking something is off in the lower.  will noveske replace the lower if it is defective?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Why don't other companies have blems like Noveske? Because they wouldn't be blems to most of those companies and would be sold as regular. Noveske's qualtiy control is on another level.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The "chainsaw" marking is exclusive to Noveske and they just started doing it. If I had to put a time frame, at least 2 years now. I remember the Noveske blems back in the day and they were not marked. Well even if you didn't see a blem on it, it somehow failed their quality control and you got a deal on it.

Now let me ask so you can clarify, the bolt catch wouldn't fit in the slot at all? I'm talking without the spring, plunger, and pin. Trying to narrow it down. How's the pin to bolt catch hole fit?
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The "chainsaw" marking is exclusive to Noveske and they just started doing it. If I had to put a time frame, at least 2 years now. I remember the Noveske blems back in the day and they were not marked. Well even if you didn't see a blem on it, it somehow failed their quality control and you got a deal on it.

Now let me ask so you can clarify, the bolt catch wouldn't fit in the slot at all? I'm talking without the spring, plunger, and pin. Trying to narrow it down. How's the pin to bolt catch hole fit?

the spring and plunger fit in the hole fine...as does the roll pin. the roll pin was tight as hell, but i got it in.  the spring and plunger move freely with no binding.  i put the bolt catch in for a test fit before the final installation and it felt really tight, but i thought once i drove the roll pin through it would straiten everything out and all would be fine.

well, got the roll pin in and the bolt catch was still very tight...like it was rubbing on the front side of the slot...that is where the bolt catch was showing wear once i took it out.

it could be moved by hand, but was very hard and would not move freely by any means.  you had to force it and you could hear a "pop" working it up and down.

i broke two sets of walmart punches (about 25 dollars) getting the old pin out.  once i did, i used a new roll pin and a new spikes bolt catch out of another kit.  it did the same thing.

ive assembled about 10 lowers in my life and have never had this happen, and there is really no way to assemble it wrong, so i dont think its something im doing.

i think the slot on top is possiblymachined crooked...it also appears of have a "ridge" in the slot on the front side right above the plunger in the slot...like it wasnt machined all the way out. but that is still almost unbelievable to me with this being a noveske grade a product...so im at a loss...and you dont even wanna know how much i had to pay for it:(

ps like i said, i used to different pins and two different bolt catches and the binding was not taking place in the pin/bolt catch hold location.  the binding was happening in the milled out slot on top.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gen 1 lower: underneath trigger guard
Gen 2 lower: outside trigger guard
Upper receiver: Underneath the forward assist housing

As far as I know, those are the only chainsaw parts. Noveske (RIP) doesn't make complete rifles with chainsaw parts...at least I've never heard of it.

These are the only places I have seen the markings.

And several companies sell blems. The Chainsaw name was an excellent marking ploy to make their blems desirable.

ETA: Of all the blem lowers I have bought over the years, the Chainsaw was the worst by far. Others had minor or invisible defects.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top