Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2012 12:38:28 PM EDT
I have been looking at the MOE grips and trigger guards.  I know that the PTS line is for Professional Training purposes and airsoft rifles. They look exactly alike.  I know the Stocks and hand guards are different, however the grips and trigger guards seems to be the same thing.  I do not want to put inferior parts on my rifle if they are in fact inferior.  The material used seems to be the same and the dimensions are the same.  There are no markings that I can see to differentiate from one another.  Again, this is only regarding the grip and trigger guard.  For the few bucks more I will be going with the MOE series rather than the PTS unless there is not any difference in the items.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Pts is for airsoft and training. It's made in china. Materiel is not the same spend the extra buck and get real gear.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I know they are made for training.  If you are buying them used how do you tell them apart?  How do you know they are not both made in China?  And where did you find that they are made of different materials?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
PTS is marked PTS.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Magpul polymer is tried and tested and made in USA. The pts brand is a china based company using different materials making same designs under the magpul license. If it were me and my guns I'd buy the products made to work out of real guns not airsoft guns. The savings aren't worth it because you'll end up buying pts and than buying real replacements.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I just had a place sell me a set of Magpul flip sights -I was in a hurry, but I thought at the time "Man, that's a GOOD price". Nope. About two miles down the road at a red light I was checking them out. They just didn't feel like the others I have. I noticed little fuzzy edges and other things that just looked wrong. Sure enough the Orange & Beige box had in TINY PRINT on the back "For Training and Simulation Use Only". Turned around and went back. They had a single Mbus Rear Sight on the wall and I bought it after getting refunded. I immediately opened it - yep - much heavier, clean and solid. The guy at the shop had this shruggy attitude while doing the refund. I'd said that I needed to return those and get sights for a real firearm. He was "No THESE are for real guns..." I pointed out the mice-type as he looked bored. He said "Well, we sell all of our ARs with those on them and no one complains - they're real sights." I said "No - they are toys - they are crap" and hit the door. Wow.

Spend the money. No, you don't have to buy those snobby three hundred dollar hand guards but don't - for cryin' out loud - put TOY parts on your firearms. Man how I hate that one industry with it's "realistic enough to get your ass shot by a cop" toy line. It's criminal that they can make and sell toy parts that imitate real items for real firearms. Newbies will buy them unwittingly, greedy store SOBs will sell them as real, cheapskates will reason that they are good enough and buy them - and someone will have them fail on a real firearm and maybe they die.

Spend. The. Money.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess you guys are missing my point.  I do NOT want inferior stuff on my rifle.  However I have been leery of buying anything online, be it ebay or an add because once I get the item I will have no idea what I purchased.  Is there a way to tell the pieces apart without having the original packaging?  Again I am not talking about sights, hand guards, or the buttstock.  I am only referring to the grips and trigger guard.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess you missed my point. PTS gear is marked PTS.

Buy from a site sponsor if you are worried about fake Magpul items.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess you missed my point. PTS gear is marked PTS.

Buy from a site sponsor if you are worried about fake Magpul items.

This.   Plus some of the pts stuff has the words stamped into it in mirror image.
Also, pts is a good way to figure if you lime something or not .  using the afg as an example, $10 to find out you dont ljke  it is better than $30.  Though, some of the stuff is structurally sound enough to work fine, such as the pts afg.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top