Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 6:58:06 PM EDT
I bought a Stag from an individual a few months ago. Funny, I really had no idea where things would be now, but sure glad I bought in early. (Also have a Bushy XM15 that is supposedly pre-freedom group. My questions concern exact model etc. the stag came to me already all magpul -ed out. FDE stock, grip and handguard. Fixed iron up front, I added magpul rear flip up. How can I find out model number of this thing? Cannot find anywhere, and fully realize that I am a complete noob. Any tips, suggestions etc would be welcome. Oh- purchased but not mounted yet are a Vortex Strikefire w PA 3x magnifier. Package deal that I found via this board, so thanks to someone here- both pieces, plus cantilever mount  and fixed high mount all for 169.00. Would you recommend my LGS mount up and sight it all up before heading to range? I have only put about 60 rounds through it so far, with iron sight only.

Secondly I have the aforementioned Bushy. Would like to know any common concerns, etc. How to verify age of weapon, and anything else that may prove useful. Only a coup,e of mags through this one also so far. Came w Firefield scope that has a fairly cheesy looking laser screwed to side. Took it off, wondering if it is worth keeping and sighting in w it, also have a cheap sitemark holo(?) red dot that I haven't tried also. Either of these worth keeping?
I don't plan on going into active combat with either of these, got them for fun, and of course for the "ya never know" factor. Please feel free to share whatever with a noob! Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You can look in the "Industry" section under "StagArms" here for more information.

Stag lowers are just Stag lowers. model designation comes from whats on that. Go to the Industry section and look at the top where it says, "Stag rifles now have transferable lifetime warranty" or some such thing. That gives you the method for contacting Stag to find out if the rifle you have was purchased as a complete gun, or assembled from parts.

Before you start bolting on a bunch of budget optics learn how to shoot with your iron sights. That is only my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Have you looked through the threads and info on maintenance? Should probably learn how to clean them properly.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top