Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2012 9:10:32 PM EDT
Pros and Cons of the stag model 3? thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
no sights out of box    con
cheap    pro

i own one and love it. is it decked out? no its not but i paid $800 for it and im really happy with it. had i known then what i know now would i buy it again?  honestly no i wouldnt, but only to build one. if i had no build option i would most defiantly. i would use stag parts in a build and i would suggest the stag to anyone interested in buying over building.
know that you are going to have to invest in some kind of sight as soon as you purchase it. red dot, scope or rail type iron sights could be as cheap as $70 for magpul mbus to $150 for an ok red dot (i have a vortex)(primary arms is another option) scopes could cost $100-multi thousand
i for one am planning to run a 1-4x scope on my build in progress.

the stag model 3 is a fantastic rifle.
i know there werene many pros or cons but hope i helped.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Model 3 owner here who is happy with his. I'd buy it again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#3]
yes you did thank you
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and I'm happy with it.  Just like the other comment, it being without any sights was not a hindrance to my decision to purchase the model 3 as I know I will be dressing it up for carbine matches.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my stag 3L

.... Although if it had a regular FSB I could have cut that down instead of buying a low profile one

Who doesn't love pictures
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Model 3 owner here who is happy with his. I'd buy it again.

Same here.

I don't care for a fixed FSB when looking through my Aimpoint, so the Model 3 was a natural fit for me.  Just my preference.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine 6 months ago and very happy with it.  I have since done the trigger job and added a 1-4x24 scope to it.  Here is a picture

http://s1194.beta.photobucket.com/user/ad5md/media/20130111_204632-1_zps64982d99.jpg.html
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Like all the above, I love mine too. Very light and accurate. You must buy additional rails (additional cost) for the Versa Rail forearm if you want to mount, or purchase sites if you want to use open sites. I mounted a Yankee Hill Gas block sight up front, and a Magpul MBUS rear - works great.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked on up at Dicks about a month ago. Not a bad rifle for the $711 I paid for it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top