BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/9/2012 6:51:18 PM EDT

BCM

ARFCOM Dupe Police: I realize this has been posted elsewhere on the site.
MODS: Delete if inappropriate.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it! I like the stock, the color, and simplicity (not sure about the light).

Am I blind.... what does this thing cost? I can't find it anywhere on the site.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It hasn't been officially released, that picture is a leak I think.  I am interested in the new comp more than anything.  Obviously the rifle is just a combination of industry partners with Haley stamped on it.  It will perform well just like any one of a million different configurations out there, and those who buy it won't be disappointed.  I would only buy surefire weapon lights personally, but the rest is all great for sure.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks nice. On a semi related note did you see their price on the B5 Bravo stock? $58 Nice
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing $1600.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Military Times says that MSRP is $2145.

Military Times
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It hasn't been officially released, that picture is a leak I think...

Too much thinking. Pic is from BCM site;not a leak.

Quoted:
Looks nice. On a semi related note did you see their price on the B5 Bravo stock? $58 Nice

It would be nicer if it was in stock.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Military Times

Too much moniez
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
MSRP is always more. My guess is it will end up closer to $1,800.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks cool. Would look even better sitting next to my other BCM.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lol! And out of stock....
It is very interesting.... Looks like it could use another QD cup right where the B-5 logo is...
It also omits the storage capacity......
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I love BCM but to me, that thing is kinda ugly. Ill pass, but y'all have at it as I know it'll prolly run quite well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I was just wondering when Haley would get his own carbine and bam BCM made him one, but i would like a longer hand guard.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks good, I'm a bit frightened of the cost of any firearm with haleys name on it though

I'm sure it's no $6500 costa 1911
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#15]
my og bcm (recce 14) wasn't too far off of that price to be honest now that i think about it
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry, I'll stick to my Windham Weaponry for hard use and problem solving.  jk BCM is doing it up big late this year. The LAV is on board and now Travis Haley. 2013 is going to be a good year.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Bcm makes nice rifles but;

Color is nice. Seems to me is your buying the color and a light and a dragon fly picture for big bucks to be put on your rifle.

Rivalry to see who could sell more custom guns. Costa vs. Haley thing is kinda getting silly now!

What's all the numbers and junk on the upper?
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]
If it had the 13.5 geissele rail it would look much nicer IMO.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I really like it. Man I wish I had the money for this one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 2:19:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Color is nice. Seems to me is your buying the color and a light and a dragon fly picture for big bucks to be put on your rifle.

Rivalry to see who could sell more custom guns. Costa vs. Haley thing is kinda getting silly now!

I don't get it...

Rifle looks nice - but as with most of these "special editions," you could assemble all the same parts for way less - and even then, it only matters if that's the exact configuration you want.  "Special" CeraKote colors and wacky-way-cool laser engraving does exactly zilch for me.  

Oh well - more power to 'em.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 4:03:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 4:16:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't there when I posted

Link Posted: 12/10/2012 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Military Times

Too much moniez

People always say that when they are talking about complete package rifles like this.  Price each individual component, add in FET, Cerekote, etc. and you will quickly find yourself at that price point.  

In reality, this is a great setup, well thought out.  Lot's of new AR shooters spend significantly more, starting out purchasing crap rifles and parts, and then upgrading when they figure shit out.  A rifle like this allows someone to make one purchase for the rifle, decide what optic they need and go.  Buy ammo and mags, shoot, rinse and repeat.  

The $200 training certificate is a good thing too.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2012 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sorry, I'll stick to my Windham Weaponry for hard use and problem solving.  jk BCM is doing it up big late this year. The LAV is on board and now Travis Haley. 2013 is going to be a good year.

Travis Haley has been involved with BCM's advertising for some time now.  And prior to that, he's been a well known advocate for them.  Larry Vickers, even when he was working with Daniel Defense was also a big proponent of BCM, even saying they were 1 of 3 rifle brands he would recommend.  

Don't forget they also have Pat Rogers of EAG (who they have had for several years).  

Link Posted: 12/10/2012 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Travis Haley has been involved with BCM's advertising for some time now.  And prior to that, he's been a well known advocate for them.  Larry Vickers, even when he was working with Daniel Defense was also a big proponent of BCM, even saying they were 1 of 3 rifle brands he would recommend.  

Don't forget they also have Pat Rogers of EAG (who they have had for several years).  

Well I suppose I should have said officially official.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it...

Rifle looks nice - but as with most of these "special editions," you could assemble all the same parts for way less - and even then, it only matters if that's the exact configuration you want.  "Special" CeraKote colors and wacky-way-cool laser engraving does exactly zilch for me.  

Oh well - more power to 'em.  

~Augee

With you.... Tacticool is the thing it seems.  Let everyone buy the tacticool I will keep buying the functional.
I hate logos, advertisements, and special edition stuff.  My rifles are built for me and the color is for a reason to be used as camo.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok I watched the video Haley looks like he is wearing makeup and what is the deal with watching the grass blow and the wind blowing sand around.  Sigh.....
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Overpriced IMHO. Nothing my own (or for that matter any well-built) carbine won't do.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ok I watched the video Haley looks like he is wearing makeup and what is the deal with watching the grass blow and the wind blowing sand around.  Sigh.....

It's a commercial, like any other commercial, geared to sell a prooduct to someone with money to burn. It's stylized to draw the potential buyer into buying a product based on style...

Like  a car commercial where you see the car driving through a flat desert or a salt flat...

How many people you know drive up and down salt flats for a living?
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a commercial, like any other commercial, geared to sell a prooduct to someone with money to burn. It's stylized to draw the potential buyer into buying a product based on style...

Like  a car commercial where you see the car driving through a flat desert or a salt flat...

How many people you know drive up and down salt flats for a living?

I do it all the time in my Lambo and 911 GT3 all the time I have my Travis Haley BCM rifle in the back just in case I see a salt zombie.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Take a combat weapon add lipstick and a name. Then call it a specail edition what? hobby rifle? gamming rifle? What's next these "instructors" and "networkers"  going to wear bright colored jump suits with brand whore logos on them like race car drivers or bass pro contestants? Or stick to the GI Joe theme? Meh. I like the history of this weapon but not sure where it's being taken.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't get it...
Rifle looks nice - but as with most of these "special editions," you could assemble all the same parts for way less..
~Augee

Parts are roughly $1500 + paint and assembly costs if you couldn't do it yourself .
I guess it would depend on what "way less" means to you.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't there when I posted  

It was there when I posted BEFORE you.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Im sure it will be way overpriced whenever it comes out because they know people worship Haley and BCM and know suckers will pay extreme amounts just because of some logos....Its like my Grandpa told me "all the lures in the fishing aisle are to catch the fisherman, not the fish"
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Im sure it will be way overpriced whenever it comes out because they know people worship Haley and BCM and know suckers will pay extreme amounts just because of some logos....Its like my Grandpa told me "all the lures in the fishing aisle are to catch the fisherman, not the fish"

Do you know which Logo sells the most rifles DPMS.  I would pay $2000 for that BCM before I would pay $700 for a DPMS. Reputation means everything when you are talking Black Rifles.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Break down the rifle part by part using the same manufacturers and you will find out that it's actually not "overpriced" at all. My figure minus shipping costs, etc came out to at least $2000 (includes refinishing).
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know which Logo sells the most rifles DPMS.  I would pay $2000 for that BCM before I would pay $700 for a DPMS. Reputation means everything when you are talking Black Rifles.

DPMS doesnt sell alot of rifles because of their logo, they sell alot because of the low price and availability. If you want to pay $2000 because it has some dudes name on it and sparkly colors have at it
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Military Times

Link Posted: 12/10/2012 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DPMS doesnt sell alot of rifles because of their logo, they sell alot because of the low price and availability. If you want to pay $2000 because it has some dudes name on it and sparkly colors have at it

Most people recognize the DPMS logo. Only a gun guy will know what a BCM is. I have more than $2k in my AR.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a reason DPMS rifles have a "low price and availability". You should ponder that while we stay on topic.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Military Times

You could buy a SCAR for that price right?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Military Times

You could buy a SCAR for that price right?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Almost
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a reason DPMS rifles have a "low price and availability". You should ponder that while we stay on topic.

Your topic is a commercial for BCM. Not much of a tech issue since we do not have the specs.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Military Times

Nice, but not _that_ nice.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your topic is a commercial for BCM. Not much of a tech issue since we do not have the specs.

Really? I guess you didn't bother to look at this: Specifications

This link ( BCM ) in the first post leads to a page with the link above.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Just another AR-15 that looks slightly different for $2K? Yeah no thanks, I'll stick to my KAC
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#47]
It's nice, but the handguard alone makes it a pass in my book. Put at least a 12" on there. And the gas block sticking out the end of the handguard...meh.

And an SSA instead of the ALG would make it more attractive as well.

I am pumped for the BCM comp though. It may be time for a new BCM upper when the comp is available.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#48]
WOW i am surprised people are not all over this carbine like costa's from Larue.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Not my list, but this is for all the people saying you could build it for WAYYYY cheaper...

Upper:
Geissele SMR (Price based on 13") $345
BCM 14.5" Standard Barrel mid $229
BCM Comp Mod 1 $95
BCM gas block $45
BCM upper receiver $100
BCM BCG $160
BCM CH $45
Troy sights $218
Inforce w/mount $149

= $1386

Lower:
BCM lower w/ ALG ACT $425
BCM B5 stock $58

= $483

Grand total: $1869
Remember this doesn't include paint or assembly (pinning muzzle device etc.)

Looks like a really nice rifle at a fair price to me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not my list, but this is for all the people saying you could build it for WAYYYY cheaper...

Upper:
Geissele SMR (Price based on 13") $345
BCM 14.5" Standard Barrel mid $229
BCM Comp Mod 1 $95
BCM gas block $45
BCM upper receiver $100
BCM BCG $160
BCM CH $45
Troy sights $218
Inforce w/mount $149

= $1386

Lower:
BCM lower w/ ALG ACT $425
BCM B5 stock $58

= $483

Grand total: $1869
Remember this doesn't include paint or assembly (pinning muzzle device etc.)

Looks like a really nice rifle at a fair price to me.

Now where to find all those bcm parts unless there back in stock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top