Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2012 7:18:19 AM EDT
Hello. This is my first post and also my first experience with AR type rifles. Always shot bolt actions for 35 years and know absolutely nothing about this type of firearm.

First of all, thanks  to all for your patience and help. I want to break this gun down today and clean for some shooting this afternoon. Is there a video available for this first time task?

thanks again for your patience....

KT
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is one way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdBiZfv1jSs

Everyone is going to have different opinions on how to clean one.

Your owners manual is usually a good source of information.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to ARFCOM

go to this part of the Forum - the Cleaning and Maintenance Forum

FORUM

you will find a lot of info at the top

good luck and enjoy your new rifle
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys...
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it the one from wolly world? Also first rule of arf.com is you have to post pics. If you talk about your gun, you post pics. (Also girlfriends)
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Was there an owners manual with it???
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, got it a Wally World, friend of mine is the department manager and I had been kinda looking for one the last few months. He had 10 he was putting out Friday morning. I went by about 10:00 and there were 2 left so I got one. Got it out this morning and after watching a couple of the videos(thanks for the links) I took it down without a lot of trouble. Yeah, it has a manual, but being the first time I ever had one in my hands, I wanted to make sure what I was doing. It had some thick material inside the bolt carrier, but everything else was in pretty good shape. Ran about 200 rounds through it this afternoon, and it shoots great, no problems at all. My wife has fallen in love with it, may have to get another for her

thanks for all your help, and I'll throw some pics on in the next day or so.

KT
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#7]
KT, refreshing to see a new owner do the right thing and research  his new rifle before he ends up posting that it won't feed, etc.

surprising what a little self-imposed knowledge and a little CLP or Hoppes will do...enjoy the rifle..I agree that you will have  another for your SO in your future..
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Good to know, I also got my M400 from WalMart while it was on sale.  Can't wait to shoot this thing!

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Now I kinda am wishing I would of picked up one of those walmart black friday rifles. Dont really "need" another one though....
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#10]
The local walmart had the SIGs and the Colts on sale for Black Friday. The Old Woman told me to buy one if I wanted one. I didnt. Now I have "Buyer Hesitation Remorse". Of course if I had bought it, it wouldnt end there. Scrabble for more mags, Find some almost Unobtainium affordable ammo... Or so I console myself....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top