Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/11/2012 5:21:31 AM EDT
Just a quick question. My dad has a M400 and I was thinking of buying him another upper for xmas. I just wanted to know if those lowers are mil spec or not. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
They are not exactly mil-spec. Great AR, but commercial with some great features. I'm tempted, just to have one.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#2]
i love my sig m400

ill have to see if my mil-spec PSA upper will fit on there..
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking it will take a PSA upper...........same dimensions (no?) for fit, just different size buffer tube and such. (I could be on crack, because I only own mil-spec stuff)
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Buffer tube has been Mil Spec on every m400 I have ever handled including my own.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The M400 is all mil-spec dimension.  It will take any upper any Colt, PSA, DD, etc will take.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Well dang, I thought wrong then. Great news!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Wait a minute..............

The upper and lower receivers are both forged 7075-T6 aluminum with a hard-coat anodized finish. The six-position collapsible stock rides on a commercial-size buffer tube,

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/23/gun-review-sig-sauer-m400-rifle/#ixzz2BviktBQ6

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/23/gun-review-sig-sauer-m400-rifle/

. The six-position collapsible buttstock is of standard M4 design and is mounted on a commercial-diameter receiver extension.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/20746/sig-sauer-m400-2/
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I think this is feeding off of a different review where Sig did in fact provision the test weapon with a commercial buffer tube. In the review I read,  quite a few commenters asked the author to change the review to reflect the fact that the M400 does in fact come with a Mil Spec receiver extension tube. The author would not change his review as his test sample came with a commercial tube and people (who don't know any better)  have been regurgitating these incorrect specs ever since.

The Sig Sauer M400 has a Mil-Spec receiver extension tube (buffer tube).
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think this is feeding off of a different review where Sig did in fact provision the test weapon with a commercial buffer tube. In the review I read,  quite a few commenters asked the author to change the review to reflect the fact that the M400 does in fact come with a Mil Spec receiver extension tube. The author would not change his review as his test sample came with a commercial tube and people (who don't know any better)  have been regurgitating these incorrect specs ever since.

The Sig Sauer M400 has a Mil-Spec receiver extension tube (buffer tube).

Right on. Thanks man. Now I REALLY want one  

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.sigsauer.com/CATALOGPRODUCTDETAILS/M400.ASPX

"Six position telestock (MIL-SPEC)"
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#11]
The buffer tube has nothing to do with the lower being mil spec. Nor the upper fitting the lower. The outer tube size is the difference from commercial and mil spec.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top