Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:16:40 AM EDT
Are DD BCGs pretty high quality, chrome in particular? How would they rank among Spikes and DPMS?

Thanks a lot
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#1]
DD BCGs are second to none in quality. Have no reservations in that department.

Their chrome BCGs are technically classified as semi auto carriers, and a tad lighter than their standard BCGs. That won't make much of a difference for a large majority of civilian ARs, but I prefer full auto carriers myself.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
DD BCGs are second to none in quality. Have no reservations in that department.

Their chrome BCGs are technically classified as semi auto carriers, and a tad lighter than their standard BCGs. That won't make much of a difference for a large majority of civilian ARs, but I prefer full auto carriers myself.

I guess that what I was getting at with my question: I know the chrome isn't quite the same as their full-auto carrier, and wanted to make sure it was still a quality/reliable piece.

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Carrier is a carrier M16 vs AR15 it will not make one difference people may have preference but unless you have a FA lower or a friend to lend you one they will serve you no difference except a minor weight difference.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Carrier is a carrier M16 vs AR15 it will not make one difference people may have preference but unless you have a FA lower or a friend to lend you one they will serve you no difference except a minor weight difference.

In most scenarios, true. With more standard setups, nearly always true.

I've got a few ARs with Sprinco blue springs and H2 buffers...the added weight of an FA carrier helps them cycle underpowered ammo better. In more custom setups, the added weight of an FA carrier can come into play for real reasons, and not just overkill.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
So am correct to assume the DD is superior to a, while very nice, spikes bcg?
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

IMO, no one puts out a better quality BCG than DD.

From what I've read, Spikes is solid too though.

I personally only run DD and BCM BCGs in my ARs. And far from a knock on BCM, but the sole reason why I own a couple of them is because they were actually available. I'd be running all DD BCGs if I had the option.

DD hasn't accepted orders on their standard BCGs since just after the new year now, and don't expect to ship any out again until after this new year. They've been very elusive to find by themselves.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO, no one puts out a better quality BCG than DD.

From what I've read, Spikes is solid too though.

I personally only run DD and BCM BCGs in my ARs. And far from a knock on BCM, but the sole reason why I own a couple of them is because they were actually available. I'd be running all DD BCGs if I had the option.

DD hasn't accepted orders on their standard BCGs since just after the new year now, and don't expect to ship any out again until after this new year. They've been very elusive to find by themselves.

The reason I ask is because I was planning on getting a spikes carrier eventually, but a DD Chrome carrier became available to me for a good price but still more than a spikes...Im in a bird in the hand, two in the bush type situation and trying to decide if I want the sure thing (but more expensive DD) or risk it and hope Spikes get some out there before the election hits too hard.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I run full-auto BCs too. I have one DD just because it's a DD rifle, and I wanted it to be all the same. However, I run BCM and Spike's too. I have no reservations about either of these three.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd grab the DD. Quality bcgs are pretty scarce right now
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a DD chrome BCG and a regular Spike's.  The chrome is a beauty that's for sure!

Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#11]
i thought that they engrave DD on the right side of the carrier behind the bolt?

Quoted:

I have a DD chrome BCG and a regular Spike's.  The chrome is a beauty that's for sure!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/j0ny4ng/20120619_172202.jpg

Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope not the chrome ones...that I actually know haha
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i thought that they engrave DD on the right side of the carrier behind the bolt?
Quoted:

Not going to lie, I bought it strictly because I thought it did.  Turns out it was just a watermark on Brownell's page.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DD's engraver doesn't work well on the chrome bolts so they aren't engraved.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I went ahead and ordered it....I think itll be worth the extra $30 over the spikes standard bcg... and I can have it right now instead of playing the waiting game, which is always nice
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I have three Spikes BCG 1 of which is NiB they have been 100%.  The NiB I have to keep lubed well or keep clean it gets kind of sticky if it sits up dirty for long periods of time and it soaks up the oil I oiled it three times when I first got it before it would actually stick and not be dry the next day.

That is a sexy chrome BCG FYI
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
While DD's are indeed a thing of beauty, I wouldn't relegate a Spikes' BCG to the trash heap.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
While DD's are indeed a thing of beauty, I wouldn't relegate a Spikes' BCG to the trash heap.

No, and if I could've found the same deal, I would've went with spikes...that was the original plan in fact
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#19]
i don't blame you, i think that it looks awesome.. that stinks they don't engrave it on there, i think I'm going to have to buy one anyway this weekend for my psa build

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not going to lie, I bought it strictly because I thought it did.  Turns out it was just a watermark on Brownell's page.

Link Posted: 10/10/2012 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have three Spikes BCG 1 of which is NiB they have been 100%.  The NiB I have to keep lubed well or keep clean it gets kind of sticky if it sits up dirty for long periods of time and it soaks up the oil I oiled it three times when I first got it before it would actually stick and not be dry the next day.

That is a sexy chrome BCG FYI

Serious question and please excuse my ignorance........What is the point in having a NiB BCG if you have to oil it so much?  I don't have any special procedures to go through with a standard BCG.  I hope this makes sense.  I understand easier cleanup.  But if I had to make sure to oil it like that or else risk it getting sticky or stuck, what's the point?  Are there other benefits?

Like I said, I only have experience with the regular parkerized pieces.  I just don't know enough about them yet.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
i don't blame you, i think that it looks awesome.. that stinks they don't engrave it on there, i think I'm going to have to buy one anyway this weekend for my psa build
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check Brownells, they usually have discount codes.  I think mine was $185 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#22]
can't find a code for free shipping.. bcg is 185 but shipping is 13.something.. that kills the deal

do you know of a code?

update found one thanks

Quoted:

Check Brownells, they usually have discount codes.  I think mine was $185 shipped.

Link Posted: 10/11/2012 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
can't find a code for free shipping.. bcg is 185 but shipping is 13.something.. that kills the deal
do you know of a code?

update found one thanks
Quoted:

Use coupon code "DSR" for free shipping.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#24]
just ordered one for $185 shipped

now just waiting on the damn PSA upper to be finished and sent.. who knows how long that will take.

you know anywhere i can get a CH for under 30 bucks? brownells was all sold out of cheap ones. i don't rally want to spend 60 bucks on a bcm fighter handle

Quoted:

Use coupon code "DSR" for free shipping.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
just ordered one for $185 shipped

now just waiting on the damn PSA upper to be finished and sent.. who knows how long that will take.

you know anywhere i can get a CH for under 30 bucks? brownells was all sold out of cheap ones. i don't rally want to spend 60 bucks on a bcm fighter handle

http://core15rifles.com/products/parts/upper-parts/bcgs-a-charging-handles.html
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#26]
very nice thanks!

i didn't think to check core15

UPDATE: holy crap! props to brown ells i ordered the chrome BCG like an hour ago and they just shipped it!

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Does DD even make chrome bgc anymore, I don't see on their website.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#28]
must not be looking to hard haha

https://danieldefense.com/complete-bolt-carrier-group-chrome-plated-5-56mm.html

Quoted:

Does DD even make chrome bgc anymore, I don't see on their website.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#29]
is the color of the chrome more like a black chrome?
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Black chrome? I'd say it looks like matte stainless.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#31]
DD is the tits.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top