[#1]
About two weeks ago, I bought a Noveske Thunder Ranch ... $2,100 out the door

Argument ended.

God Bless,

Steve

And five-shots at 100-yards  VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Noveske and a LaRue. Recently got the Costa. It is awesome. My favorite rifle. Perfectly balanced.

My vote is obviously for the Costa. But you are talking about getting a BMW or a Mercedes. Both are great.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Congrats on the new rifle. That is some fine shooting as well.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
BUY A COLT....

Kidding... I don't know, i just feel like you' be spending an extra $1000 for the name attached to the rifle... I couldn't justify it... At least with Thunder Ranch you'd save an extra $1000 or so for an optic...

That said, if this is the laughing stock of gun forums (isn't warrior talk bottom of the barrel) then I couldn't feel more at home...
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
considering that both are glorified parts guns, which the incidentally have over 50 percent of the gun manufactured by somebody else, have you ever considered just building up a rifle/carbine with top end parts?

its not like John or Mark posses some magical ability to pop in a gieselle trigger, screw on some troy back up sights or slip on the latest magpul or vltor stock.

i mean, they have some cool logo's on the recievers but i have yet to acctually seem them preform better than a comparibly equipped dpms or shrubmaster.

What? John puts parts together, Mark makes almost the whole rifle.

Mark's barrel, LPK and BCG?
John's BCG and LPK?

I'm sure there are more parts but I consider them manufactures.

Do you think for a minute that Ford or GM makes their entire cars?
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Noveske. Best barrel on the market and the barrel is the heart of your rifle.

The Noveske thunder ranch rifle uses their CL barrel, not their SS Pacnor barrel.

Very little difference in accuracy from what i have read. But that is a good point .LaRue say's 10k round barrel life on the SS . The noveske should be good for 40k rounds  plus.
Don't get me wong I would love a LaRue but if faced with the 2 and figuring over a year wait on the LaRue I would go Noveske

You have a valid point.  

I feel if he has the cheddar to drop on a $3000 rifle, shooting the barrel out probably won't hinder him much.

ETA:  Looks like he bought a fine rifle, and given his choices, he couldn't have gone wrong no matter what he decided upon.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Either gun will do you fine! I just can not in all honestly justify spending $3k on something just because of the name brand on the side of it. Some people the "name on the side" is what they need to justify the fact that they cant shoot or dont know what the freak they are doing. They just spend time dropping names because that is why they got what they got just to say "Oh I have brand x!" You want a great gun that will not let you down and is accurate as hell look at the any of the other LT rifles and spend along your budget line. Get some good optics, shoot good ammo and top it off with training.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
To be honest I could have cared less about the costa logo on mine.

I did however like that it came with everything I wanted up front, and was also a limited run.

Pretty sure its not going to make me a genius, shoot better, faster, make me jump higher, fly or any other attribute.

But owning something only 500 others are going to, pretty damn neat to me. That and the fact that shoots as well as a custom bolt rifle
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
To be honest I could have cared less about the costa logo on mine.

I did however like that it came with everything I wanted up front, and was also a limited run.

Pretty sure its not going to make me a genius, shoot better, faster, make me jump higher, fly or any other attribute.

But owning something only 500 others are going to, pretty damn neat to me. That and the fact that shoots as well as a custom bolt rifle

That's what I love about my larue! When I bust it out, people have never even held one yet alone shot one!
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Winchester .223 Rem.  Supreme loaded with 55-grain Ballistic Silvertips.

I was a gun writer for many, many years and Winchester issued this ammo to us in great quantities at prairie dog hunts.  The accuracy of this ammunition is univerally superb.

Steve

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Winchester .223 Rem.  Supreme loaded with 55-grain Ballistic Silvertips.

I was a gun writer for many, many years and Winchester issued this ammo to us in great quantities at prairie dog hunts.  The accuracy of this ammunition is univerally superb.

Steve

Thanks.  That is superb shooting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The Costa is a really nice rifle and thats the direction I would go if I was buying another one right now. I love my Noveske and this is no way a slight towards them...
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish I have more money to spend to get a fancy nice rifles.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Id get the Larue costa over this based on looks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Id get the Larue costa over this based on looks.

Yep, and the LaRue Costa would be an excellent rifle.

BUT, I'm up there in years and a rifle that weighs slightly over six-pounds is precisely what I need and what I can handle.  Plus, the Thunder ranch is a short little fella, so it is perfect for eliminating two-legged varmints in our hallways.  I have killed and I know what to do..

The Costa weighs EIGHT frickin' pounds and that extra two-pounds of beef is something I neither want nor need.  In my long life, as an outdoors writer, I tested a lot of rifles.  I've never had a rifle fit me or shoot so well as my Noveske.

Others want heavy and long ... I want short and light and diabolically ACCURATE ... and THAT is the NOVESKE THUNDER RANCH.

God Bless,

Steve

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Argument ended.
God Bless,
Steve
<snip>

Oops, I got confused ... thought you were the OP for a bit there.  

Now that that is cleared up, what argument got settled ?  I'm thinking that someone gunwriting for "years and years"  with a closet full of free ammo would already have what he needed to shoot it.

Congrats on your  new rifle btw.  

Friend,

Indeed I do, but the AR is so much more fun than my usual bolt action rifles

By the way, I bought two Aimpoints from you in the last couple of months, both fitted with your fabulous mounts.  One is an H-1 and the other is a T-1.

Thanks for a great product ,,, Love the Dilla Dust, by the way.

Steve

Link Posted: 10/13/2012 3:24:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Argument ended.
God Bless,
Steve
<snip>

Oops, I got confused ... thought you were the OP for a bit there.  

Now that that is cleared up, what argument got settled ?  I'm thinking that someone gunwriting for "years and years"  with a closet full of free ammo would already have what he needed to shoot it.

Congrats on your  new rifle btw.  

Friend,

Indeed I do, but the AR is so much more fun than my usual bolt action rifles

By the way, I bought two Aimpoints from you in the last couple of months, both fitted with your fabulous mounts.  One is an H-1 and the other is a T-1.

Thanks for a great product ,,, Love the Dilla Dust, by the way.

Steve

Thanks for the bidness ... those Micro-T1 mounts are going out of here like sh*t through a goose.  

My friend,

After a lifetime of shooting and hunting, plus twenty-five years of writing for firearms magazines, I can quite honestly say that I have never seen, nor used, a finer scope mount than you manufacture.

I have the two LT-660 mounts on the Aimpoints you sold me, plus I bought an LT-104 to mount a Leupold 4.5-14 on a gorgeous AR I built-up.  The mounting system is fantastic ... totally Best of Breed.

By the way, Leupold's Boone & Crockett and VH reticles are built off of my patent.

God Bless,

Steve

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top