Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2012 8:30:14 PM EDT
Anyone use one ? How do you like it ? Pro's and con's ?

From there site :

High Performance Tubb Precision Chrome Silicon Flatwire Buffer Spring for AR-15 Rifles & Carbines. This Tubb Precision CS AR-15 Flatwire Buffer Spring fits both carbine and standard length stocks.

Why should you use Tubb Precision Chrome Silicon Flatwire Buffer Springs? Extended life at optimum performance! Many conventional buffer springs are constructed from music wire or non post winding processed stainless steel. Their performance becomes suspect in as little as 500 rounds and can cause rifle performance to degrade to the point that rifle function will change. We fielded many questions from people complaining about "mystery malfunctions" when their rifles get past that round count , and we've found installation of a Tubb Precision CS Flatwire Buffer Spring cures nearly all of them, and it cures them for good.

This is the last Buffer Spring you'll ever need for your AR-15! Tubb Precision CS springs are duty rated for 500,000 compression cycles at maximum performance.

Enhanced rifle performance - Due to the superior nature of its material, Tubb Precision CS Flatwire Buffer Springs have the same power as conventionally constructed "extra power" springs, yet provide that extra energy using a lighter spring weight. Correct timing and resistance on the recoil stroke and a controlled rebound ensures reliable feeding with consistent forward thrust. The result is that the rifle functions flawlessly and stays on target better.

With the Tubb Precision CS Flatwire Buffer Spring, the bolt will remain locked a little longer, allowing pressures more time to subside. This means getting those heavy bullets to needed velocities can be more readily accomplished.

Tubb Precision CS Springs cure spring induced malfunctions for the life of the rifle.

Unaffected by temperature - Music wire and carbon steel springs are adversely affected by temperatures as low as only 175° F. Tubb CS Springs perform flawlessly in excess of 700° F. Performance and function will not change during rapid fire conditions.

Perfect consistency - Tubb Precision CS Flatwire Buffer Springs are made to Stringent 9002 Quality Control Standards. Certified materials use, and our exclusive post-winding processing guarantees true, consistent performance. Conventional AR15 buffer springs are notorious for exhibiting wide variances in installed load height, compression and rebound performance, and even length.

Unless you're using Tubb Precision CS springs in your rifle, not only are you frequently replacing springs, but rifle performance may be continually changing with each replacement.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one in my Grendel.  I know that flatwire is good and found in many recoil springs, for example Glock.  I bought it because I respect Tubb"s perfectionism and winning rifles.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Recently looked into aftermarket springs myself. Was debating between the Tubbs and Sprinco. I ended up going with Sprinco.

Friday morning will be my first trip to the range with the new springs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have one in my Grendel.  I know that flatwire is good and found in many recoil springs, for example Glock.  I bought it because I respect Tubb"s perfectionism and winning rifles.

I have one in my 6.5 as well.  No complaints here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:20:24 AM EDT
[#4]
i have one in my S&W M&P15.  works fine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Put one in my latest 300 BLK dedicated lower; no problems with functioning subsonic and supersonic.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I use the JP polished tuned buffer spring. It feels like it locks up better with authority compared to the stock spring I had.. My rifle still functions fine even when shooting steel cased ammo.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top