BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/29/2012 1:29:03 PM EDT
Most people were pretty excited to see names like colt, bushmaster, DPMS, and sig stamped on a black rifle in the gun case at walmart. This isn't quite as exciting, but it's still pretty cool.
My walmart is one of a few test bed stores to sell these black rifle specific accessories and depending on how this goes over, you may get them too.
The first sign to look for is a sticker on or near the gun case with a scoped AR and explanations of various accessories.
It seems that within a week of that sticker going up, the accessories get hung up for sale.
None of it carries the big name brands most of you like, but some of it seems like it would work fine on a range fun gun.
So why be so excited (if you can call it that) over stuff likely made in china..... Well, to me it's pretty cool because the black rifle is becoming more mainstream and accepted.
Won't be long before you get a P-Mag in happymeals (lol).

Some pictures to spark discussion....

Sorry about the crappy pictures and flash washout... I was trying to get out of the clerk's way so I was in a hurry.

That $24.97 item is some kind of palm held punch dagger..... just strange to see that here.

The store clerk said there was quite a bit more to come out for all types of guns, but mostly more AR stuff.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've started to see a few similar items even at the one up here in NY
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

NY??!!??
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw this at Walmart in Longview Wa earlier today. Was gonna post about it, but figured i would have duped someone.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, that confirms it.   China/Walmart/Blackhawk...

Chinahawk....  Wal-hawk...   Black-mart  sorry for last one that sounds racist.

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I can see it now, the People of Walmart will be the first wave to hit the beach.
Hopefully their Chicom accessories will work.

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I've noticed the same at my local Wally Worlds in North Georgia.  One of our local Gun Stores (Georgia Gun Store in Gainesville, GA) sells about the same accessories for similar prices along with higher quality items and cheaper items.  One problem with some of these items is that the seem disproportionally heavy when compared to some other brands that aren't that much more expensive.  I think I spent $74 for a Harris Bipod that seemed to weigh a lot less in my hand than the Blackhawk in the picture.  On a benchrest you wouldn't feel too much of a difference, but if you have the bipod at the end of a rail and try to shoot standing, you notice the weight difference.  Now they had a really good price on a Nikon AR-Platform Scope mount, but a lot of the accessories seem to be in be of middling quality.  The accessories appear to be higher quality than UTG, but of less quality than Harris, Aimpoint or Magpul.  I think it is neat that they are carrying this stuff, but I wasn't blown away by their specific accessory selections.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
80 bucks for a Chinese flashlight??  Y'all have fun with that!
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Kinda funny reading this thread and watching the news at the same time, and they're talking about 'Assault' rifle bans again in light of the recent tragedy in Colorado.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I noticed all this stuff at my china mart yesterday as I was in there buying ammo for my sons last range trip yestday as he leaves for marine corp recruit depot Monday.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, that confirms it.   China/Walmart/Blackhawk...

Chinahawk....  Wal-hawk...   Black-mart  sorry for last one that sounds racist.

And yet all of the Blackhawk items there have "Made in the USA" printed on them.

Way to assume.

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I like seeing the accessories at  Wal-mart. I believe it's good they are getting into our sport/hobby.  Any kind of exposure can't be bad.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
80 bucks for a Chinese flashlight??  Y'all have fun with that!

The 80 dollar weapons light may or may not be Chinese.

Next time I go to WalMart, I will check to see if they have one.  If it's made in China, I will buy one to hang on my Chinese M14S.

I know that will make you very happy.

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#13]
yep they have this stuff at the cape girardeau wally world also.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#14]
got some of these at my walmart!
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw these in the Concord, NH Walmart. I was curious about the laser/light combo. The reviews of light on Amazon have put this into the do no buy category (but the reviews for just the light are pretty good).

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#16]
They are reconfiguring the sports department at my Wal-Mart to accommodate black rifle gear.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice.

My local Dicks(Fairfax, VA) has a huge selection of Blackhawk and Troy products now.  Single point slings and EVEN Squid Grips!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY??!!??

Wal-Mart, who never settles Vs. Bloomberg, who litigates for all eternity.

Clash of the titans, or celebrity deathmatch?
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY??!!??

Wal-Mart, who never settles Vs. Bloomberg, who litigates for all eternity.

Clash of the titans, or celebrity deathmatch?

someone should send bloomburg a link....i love to see his head explode......
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#20]
We have the same display down here in louisiana.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#21]
the one is Jackson, KY has all those same accessories. Most people around here aren;t in to accessorizing their ARs for some reason so i don;t know how they will do. I bought a couple of the low profile ladder covers wish they had that Gunslick cleaning kit I would get one of those but for some reason they don;t have them
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#22]
My local Walmart just has the Blackhawk grips so far.  Didn't see anything else.  I would pick up some ladder rail covers if they had them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My local Walmart just has the Blackhawk grips so far.  Didn't see anything else.  I would pick up some ladder rail covers if they had them.

Any idea of the quality of the Blackhawk bipods versus Harris?
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I have never tried anything else from blackhawk except for a 1911 holster. I can say they make one heck of a nice CQC holster.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Be nice to be able to pick up PMags at a local Wang-Mart.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well, wouldn't they be China-made Pmags since they are being sold at WalMart?

Isn't everything WalMart sells made in China?
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#27]

It certainly seems that way sometimes, but I'm glad to see that isn't always true.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sure black hawk will now put all of the little guy out of business just like Walmart does haha
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Could be worse accessories. At least it's not Tapco. lol!

Blackhawk
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been seeing a lot of AR accessories (mostly Blackhawk stuff) at my local Dicks Sporting Goods.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok, I bought the weapon light from my local Wally World for $39.99. It kicks ass!! We'll see how long it last, I figure if / when it breaks they will take it back!.............Sully
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#32]
This is great, I love seeing this kind of gear out in the open, but I am surprised they haven't got any flak from the left after the Aurora thing. only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Saw those exact same items and a few more at the local wal-mart yesterday.  First time I had seen a rack of shotguns, rifles, etc although no black rifles or AR's or .22 copies... YET.

But the firearms and accessories are definitely being expanded.  I am hoping to see more rifles including the colts, etc coming soon.  100round .225 value packs were $39.97.  Was going to get 2 boxes but couldnt locate anyone to open the cabinet.  I'll get some later this week.

Wal-Mart, Bridgewater Falls.  Fairfield Township/Hamilton, OH.  Butler County.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#34]
This is fantastic!  I know we can pick about the specific items etc but... I live outside Wash DC near Annapolis, and about 4 yrs ago the local Walmart removed their entire gun department. I used to buy ammo there and a few small other items unitl I started getting cases online. Now all they have is a few air guns. I would be happy as h––l to see this stuff in Walmart again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Hell, the Academy Sports and Outdoors has Pmags on the accessory shelves.  I just wish they buy everything BUT the ammo.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#36]
OP, which OK Wallyworld?
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Walmart in Waycross, GA (attn: LARRYG) had a pretty good selection of this stuff out last night. I didn't get to look at much of it as I was in a hurry to get out of there, the weather was turning bad and I didn't want to have to swim to the truck.

But I did notice a lot of the items were "Made in USA."

Don't remember about the flashlight, but I do know it is a 65 lumen Xenon lamp, not LED.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Walmart in Waycross, GA (attn: LARRYG) had a pretty good selection of this stuff out last night. I didn't get to look at much of it as I was in a hurry to get out of there, the weather was turning bad and I didn't want to have to swim to the truck.

Don't remember about the flashlight, but I do know it is a 65 lumen Xenon lamp, not LED.

Yeah, I have been meaning to get by there but something always comes up.

I think I keep buying all their 9mm and .45 ACP JHP and FMJ.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is great, I love seeing this kind of gear out in the open, but I am surprised they haven't got any flak from the left after the Aurora thing. only a matter of time.

I get the impression that most anti-gun types don't frequent the sporting goods departments at any stores that carry shooting supplies.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

90% of it outside of food
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#41]
I've seen to blackhawk! stuff tricking in a the local com-bloc red mart....no guns yet.....of any kind
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP, which OK Wallyworld?

Store # 137
Stillwater, OK....... on Perkins road (HW177)

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

90% of it outside of food

Really?  90 percent?

Prove it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#44]
If you are looking for a bright Flashlight, Botach Tactical has the Streamlight 88040 Pro Tac HL on sale for 70 bucks. This is a 600 lumens falshlight. Warning: it may cause sunburn. lol I also picked up GG&G light mount for 17 bucks and you don't need a insert. The only bad thing is, for some people, I have not been able to find a tail cap with a sensor pad for it. I don't need one because my flashlight lines up perfect with my forend grip but I know some people have to have them. This is usually a $130 for almost half off. This is a steal! You don't realize how bright 600 lumens is. Its perfect size for a rifle or holding it in your hand for a pistol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#45]
We have the same display down here in Northeast Florida, bought a couple of things the other day.  Nice to see it there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Local Wal-Mart in Chillicothe, MO is staring to get some things like this. I dont go near any of the crap, just for the occassional ammo run.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I have been meaning to get by there but something always comes up.

I think I keep buying all their 9mm and .45 ACP JHP and FMJ.

I checked the flashlight. Made in Spain.

But I'd say well over half of the other Blackhack accressories were made in the USA.

Link Posted: 8/3/2012 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I have that $49 tactical light. I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

dont know that it will happen but there are item #'s in the system for either 5 or 10rd(dont remember) and 20/30 rd magazines  the prices werent anything to get excited about

also getting some better knives along with new display cases for knives and optics,there is a new sporting good buyer that either has an interest in or at least sees profit in non fudd stuff
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#50]
My local Walmart doesn't have AR stuff yet. However, last time I was in my local BassProShops, they had a whole section dedicated to AR gear. Even had some Magpul gear (rail panels, vfgs, pmags etc)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top