Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2012 2:23:43 PM EDT
Pretty much what the topic says. I'm looking for a case to store just my dedicated .22LR upper in and I don't want to use a full size rifle case. Does anyone make cases for just uppers? I'd like something that isn't much bigger then the whole upper.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A shotgun scabbard would work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have several of them that I have picked up for exactly that purpose.  Mine are made by Allen.  they are youth rifle cases.  About 30 - some inches long and hold a small 22 like a Chipmunk or an AR upper just right.

I just buy one anytime I see it at a sporrting goods store.

ETA:   Link to Example
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If its like my extra uppers, just leave it sit for awhile. Eventually it will grow its own lower!
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If its like my extra uppers, just leave it sit for awhile. Eventually it will grow its own lower!

This You might as well just buy a full length case (or 3) ...
I know, we're not much help, but it happens.
Oh yeah, the shotgun scabbard should work fine (till that upper grows).

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Surplus M60 spare barrel case. About $10. Makes a great dust/storage cover. 16" upper max.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pretty much what the topic says. I'm looking for a case to store just my dedicated .22LR upper in and I don't want to use a full size rifle case. Does anyone make cases for just uppers? I'd like something that isn't much bigger then the whole upper.

like this?
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]
What case is dis?
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:56:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Boyt Harness case which holds my AR 'split' like that.  It works for me and is a great case, but not the cheapest out there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 4:36:14 AM EDT
[#10]
The problem I have is not with a case for an upper per se, it's that I have different mags (specifically .22, .45 ACP, and 7.62x39) that go with the upper.  So I want a case that's able to carry the upper and several of the different caliber mags together.  I have a couple types but neither is really slick.  Both were designed for subgun or folder stock carbine style guns.

The case makers need to fill this gap.

Not legal advice, MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

like this?
http://i49.tinypic.com/2iv0d4o.jpg

dont be afraid to share some info on this case
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The problem I have is not with a case for an upper per se, it's that I have different mags (specifically .22, .45 ACP, and 7.62x39) that go with the upper.  So I want a case that's able to carry the upper and several of the different caliber mags together.  I have a couple types but neither is really slick.  Both were designed for subgun or folder stock carbine style guns.

The case makers need to fill this gap.

Not legal advice, MHO, YMMV, etc.

Like this?  (same case)

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top