Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2012 9:20:06 AM EDT
I just ordered an upper to compliment my lower I just built.  Next step is the bolt assembly, which is out of stock at BCM and I need to save a bit.  I aslo need sights.

I was thinking about purchasing the Magpul MBUS gen II for the front and back to sustain me until I can afford an aimpoint or eotech further down the road.  The upper is a midlength BCM with Midwest SSG2 handguard.  I am trying to be cost effective at this point, as I dont think my wife knows how much I put into the rifle already.  Oops.

Are the Magpuls GTG?  I know they are cheap, but thats not always good.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The Magpuls are GTG.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on MBUS II
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Magpuls are GTG.

+1
If I were ONLY shooting irons, I would consider getting a set of Troys since they are pretty much a gold standard on flip up BUIS.
Since you are using optics (but i am assuming still plan to shoot irons time to time) then I vote that the Magpuls are perfect for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Pefect.  Yeah, I had originally ordered a carbine length with an A2 FSP but cancelled last second and went with more of a recce type of upper.  If I was not using optics I'd definately go with the troys, but the Magpuls are just to get me by for the time being.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I love mine. They are GTG.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
+1  love mine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Magpuls are GTG.

+1
If I were ONLY shooting irons, I would consider getting a set of Troys since they are pretty much a gold standard on flip up BUIS.
Since you are using optics (but i am assuming still plan to shoot irons time to time) then I vote that the Magpuls are perfect for you.

Same here, I run Magpul flipups on two of my rifles as they're cheap, light & reliable for backups, and KNS crosshair fixed front sight with Troy DOA flip up rear sight on my rifle that has no optics. Like everything else magpul makes, it's inexpensive, plastic (light) and well designed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I have used the Magpul sights and they are good to go.  Cheap, light, durable, and just work.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Magpul Sights are great..but if your going to be iron sights only i think you need to go and buy the new centurion arms diopter sight set and test it out for us and let me know how it goes
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I dunno maybe I am being nostalgic but I like A2 iron's w/ detatchable carry handle look personally... but I have owned mbus and they are GTG in my book
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]
As long as you don't mount the front sight to a gas block, they'll be fine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top