Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2012 1:13:21 PM EDT
Who has the slide fire stock fire a fair price?
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
A 'fair' price is pretty subjective. To me, a fair price for one of those is around Fiddy Bucks........
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
$50 is steep considering the amount of ammo it will waste you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I would make my own...it may not be all plastic, it may not be pretty, but it sure as heck wont be $300+...
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would make my own...it may not be all plastic, it may not be pretty, but it sure as heck wont be $300+...

There's a plan somewhere for a plywood "bump firing" add-on ... has a peg through the trigger... they say it works well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a plan somewhere for a plywood "bump firing" add-on ... has a peg through the trigger... they say it works well.

Never seen it for less than $350.

I bought mine at Able Ammo for $350 shipped a few months back.
Decided to try to return it but it was too late. F it, it's only money

Joe
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I swear I just saw these on sale in the last week or so, check the sale thread maybe
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that too before the slide fire came out, but I have a different version planned,
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
They are way overpriced but I may buy the newer model eventually as it is not so ugly as the original.If prices become more fair. For now I am experimenting with one a friend has first to use it for a .22 dedicated upper. This way if I do not like it or get it to work properly I will return it to my friend for a full refund  They will eventually drop in price I believe..Am also considering making one. I actually have the part that goes in place of the pistol group already so maybe it could be used in conjuction with a homemade version of some kind..Never really seen em under 350.00 yet..

Anyway no one has em at a "fair" price..They would sell more quantity if they sold em cheaper. Probably costs like 22.00 to make it
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I have some bump fire stocks I made.  Used steel rod, strap and some tubing.

Original was for the AK, but I made a smaller version for my BW-5 (MP5 clone).

Guy at work has a Slide Fire.  He has it running with .22lr.  All he added to his M4ish upper was a CMMG conversion kit.

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I would think the bump fire stock threads would be left for some of the other sites. Guess not.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would think the bump fire stock threads would be left for some of the other sites. Guess not.

Personally I would never buy one as they are aesthetic poison to the eyes, they shoot minute of 32" TV, they will force you to burn through ammo to justify the absurd $350 price, BUT why not discuss it in the AR section?
The craptastic slidefire is a part you add on an AR, so why not discuss it here? or should there be a separate forum dedicated to money-wasting pastimes?

FWIW, you can build your own for less than $50. Hopefully the Chinese version soon comes out at a $25 price point...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/571714_Homemade_Bump_fire_stock.html

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I had my fingers crossed that such things would not be tolerated by the members here.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I see nothing inapproprate with this discussion in this forum..Confused. What are "such things" It is a AR accessory made for the AR platform and is 100% legal and anyone that wants to waste their money on anything it is their right..We already get told by enough people what we can and cannot do and we do not need you to contribute further.......GEEZ  With all of 7 posts and a join date of July 2012 you must have had your fingers crossed and hoping since atleast what, last night  I bet you are devastated because of this thread showing up so soon...Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had my fingers crossed that such things would not be tolerated by the members here.

To be completely fair, this site has more members than any other firearm site on the internet.

This place is also very open and accepting of anyone, so long as you stay within the CoC and post in the correct forum.

There are other sites you can join that are very controlling of what you can and can not post. Those sites slowly suffocate their members to the point that their internet traffic dries up and there are only 200 people who post back and forth...

While some people here may not hold the same opinion or may be from a different walk of life than you, you can either enjoy the diversity or find someplace else that is a better fit for you.

Welcome to the site
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Perfectly legal action?

There are NFA forums here.  This is basically an inexpensive equivalent.

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfectly legal action?

it's not an nfa item and therefore does not belong there.

ar discussion is as good a place as any.

It could be in uppers lowers and accessories or whatever but then you wouldn't get as many smart comments.
They are way over priced If i get bored enough i may destroy a cheapo stock, grip and RE to make one if i have a bunch of cartridges i want to load with different bullets but, I doubt it

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#17]
There is only one company making them.  They only have a single national distributor, who might still be out of them.  They prefer to sell directly to dealers, but they have a pretty large minimum order, and their dealer pricing is such that no dealer is going to really be able to do much better than ordering directly from them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be completely fair, this site has more members than any other firearm site on the internet.

This place is also very open and accepting of anyone, so long as you stay within the CoC and post in the correct forum.

There are other sites you can join that are very controlling of what you can and can not post. Those sites slowly suffocate their members to the point that their internet traffic dries up and there are only 200 people who post back and forth...

While some people here may not hold the same opinion or may be from a different walk of life than you, you can either enjoy the diversity or find someplace else that is a better fit for you.

Welcome to the site

When I hear "bump fire" the first image I see is some Bubba shooting dirt and/or water w/ a cigarette hanging loosely from his mouth.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfectly legal action?

Oh No it is not!
Not even close to NFA
You obviously haven't used one
And Yes,they are legal, and a long long way from an NFA item
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top