Author
Posted: 7/17/2012 5:13:21 PM
Who has the slide fire stock fire a fair price?
Eric300
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 5:45:37 PM
A 'fair' price is pretty subjective. To me, a fair price for one of those is around Fiddy Bucks........
EdgecrusherXES_45
You will refer to me as Awesome!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 5:48:02 PM
$50 is steep considering the amount of ammo it will waste you.
I was born an AR in my hands. Behind the gun I will make my final stand, and that is why they call me .... bad company I cannot deny.... Bad company till the day I die.
gunnut003
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 6:11:23 PM
[Last Edit: 7/17/2012 6:11:39 PM by gunnut003]
I would make my own...it may not be all plastic, it may not be pretty, but it sure as heck wont be $300+...
-Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I. ~ One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
-One good shoot by a citizen can clear up more open cases than a week of detective work!
FrankSymptoms
Veteran of the Third Battle of Tannhauser Gate.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 6:48:12 PM
Originally Posted By gunnut003:
I would make my own...it may not be all plastic, it may not be pretty, but it sure as heck wont be $300+...

There's a plan somewhere for a plywood "bump firing" add-on ... has a peg through the trigger... they say it works well.
My poetic license has been suspended.
Our cause is our nation, in all her beautiful, imperfect glory.
My supervisor must have played the martinet in high school...
scudzuki
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 6:59:37 PM
[Last Edit: 7/17/2012 7:00:04 PM by scudzuki]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:

There's a plan somewhere for a plywood "bump firing" add-on ... has a peg through the trigger... they say it works well.

Never seen it for less than $350.

I bought mine at Able Ammo for $350 shipped a few months back.
Decided to try to return it but it was too late. F it, it's only money

Joe
northpark
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 7:15:00 PM
I swear I just saw these on sale in the last week or so, check the sale thread maybe
gunnut003
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 7:19:02 PM
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:

I saw that too before the slide fire came out, but I have a different version planned,
-Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I. ~ One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
-One good shoot by a citizen can clear up more open cases than a week of detective work!
carbineone1964
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 7:24:28 PM
[Last Edit: 7/17/2012 7:27:02 PM by carbineone1964]
They are way overpriced but I may buy the newer model eventually as it is not so ugly as the original.If prices become more fair. For now I am experimenting with one a friend has first to use it for a .22 dedicated upper. This way if I do not like it or get it to work properly I will return it to my friend for a full refund They will eventually drop in price I believe..Am also considering making one. I actually have the part that goes in place of the pistol group already so maybe it could be used in conjuction with a homemade version of some kind..Never really seen em under 350.00 yet..

Anyway no one has em at a "fair" price..They would sell more quantity if they sold em cheaper. Probably costs like 22.00 to make it
Cpt_Kirks
Starfleet Brewmaster
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:10:49 PM
I have some bump fire stocks I made. Used steel rod, strap and some tubing.

Original was for the AK, but I made a smaller version for my BW-5 (MP5 clone).

Guy at work has a Slide Fire. He has it running with .22lr. All he added to his M4ish upper was a CMMG conversion kit.

Buck Ofama.

Romney 2012

Matumizi ya Mbwa (DEK = Dog Eating Kenyan)

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
MNJ
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:14:23 PM
I would think the bump fire stock threads would be left for some of the other sites. Guess not.
maleante
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:26:57 PM
[Last Edit: 7/17/2012 8:27:59 PM by maleante]
Originally Posted By MNJ:
I would think the bump fire stock threads would be left for some of the other sites. Guess not.

Personally I would never buy one as they are aesthetic poison to the eyes, they shoot minute of 32" TV, they will force you to burn through ammo to justify the absurd $350 price, BUT why not discuss it in the AR section?
The craptastic slidefire is a part you add on an AR, so why not discuss it here? or should there be a separate forum dedicated to money-wasting pastimes?

FWIW, you can build your own for less than $50. Hopefully the Chinese version soon comes out at a $25 price point...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/571714_Homemade_Bump_fire_stock.html

I'll save my thoughts on the people who can spend any amount of dollars on a rifle but can't devote 20 minutes to getting their body in shape for another thread. -skinnysarge79
MNJ
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:37:58 PM
I had my fingers crossed that such things would not be tolerated by the members here.
carbineone1964
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:48:37 PM
[Last Edit: 7/17/2012 9:04:44 PM by carbineone1964]

I see nothing inapproprate with this discussion in this forum..Confused. What are "such things" It is a AR accessory made for the AR platform and is 100% legal and anyone that wants to waste their money on anything it is their right..We already get told by enough people what we can and cannot do and we do not need you to contribute further.......GEEZ With all of 7 posts and a join date of July 2012 you must have had your fingers crossed and hoping since atleast what, last night I bet you are devastated because of this thread showing up so soon...Thanks
maleante
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 9:26:21 PM
I had my fingers crossed that such things would not be tolerated by the members here.

To be completely fair, this site has more members than any other firearm site on the internet.

This place is also very open and accepting of anyone, so long as you stay within the CoC and post in the correct forum.

There are other sites you can join that are very controlling of what you can and can not post. Those sites slowly suffocate their members to the point that their internet traffic dries up and there are only 200 people who post back and forth...

While some people here may not hold the same opinion or may be from a different walk of life than you, you can either enjoy the diversity or find someplace else that is a better fit for you.

Welcome to the site
I'll save my thoughts on the people who can spend any amount of dollars on a rifle but can't devote 20 minutes to getting their body in shape for another thread. -skinnysarge79
Cpt_Kirks
Starfleet Brewmaster
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 10:26:58 PM

Perfectly legal action?

There are NFA forums here. This is basically an inexpensive equivalent.

Buck Ofama.

Romney 2012

Matumizi ya Mbwa (DEK = Dog Eating Kenyan)

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Obo2
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/17/2012 10:55:20 PM
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Perfectly legal action?

it's not an nfa item and therefore does not belong there.

ar discussion is as good a place as any.

It could be in uppers lowers and accessories or whatever but then you wouldn't get as many smart comments.
They are way over priced If i get bored enough i may destroy a cheapo stock, grip and RE to make one if i have a bunch of cartridges i want to load with different bullets but, I doubt it

Unicorn
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/18/2012 2:03:08 AM
There is only one company making them. They only have a single national distributor, who might still be out of them. They prefer to sell directly to dealers, but they have a pretty large minimum order, and their dealer pricing is such that no dealer is going to really be able to do much better than ordering directly from them.
MNJ
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/18/2012 2:28:17 AM
Originally Posted By maleante:

To be completely fair, this site has more members than any other firearm site on the internet.

This place is also very open and accepting of anyone, so long as you stay within the CoC and post in the correct forum.

There are other sites you can join that are very controlling of what you can and can not post. Those sites slowly suffocate their members to the point that their internet traffic dries up and there are only 200 people who post back and forth...

While some people here may not hold the same opinion or may be from a different walk of life than you, you can either enjoy the diversity or find someplace else that is a better fit for you.

Welcome to the site

When I hear "bump fire" the first image I see is some Bubba shooting dirt and/or water w/ a cigarette hanging loosely from his mouth.
Sixgunshorty
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/23/2012 12:11:57 AM
[Last Edit: 7/23/2012 12:14:09 AM by Sixgunshorty]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Perfectly legal action?

Oh No it is not!
Not even close to NFA
You obviously haven't used one
And Yes,they are legal, and a long long way from an NFA item
Sixgun Shorty
NRA
SASS
W3Gun
VCA
CFDA
Lake Tahoe,NV