Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 7/15/2012 10:14:19 AM EST
I'm thinking about putting one on my next 14.5" build.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 10:26:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/15/2012 10:32:53 AM EST by jBoy723]
I shot a 14.5" Spikes Middy Full Auto with the Dynacomp and if i hadn't already had the BC on my 14.5", I would have bought one that day...Definitely a quality comp..

ETA: Short video of the factory 14.5" Spikes test rifle with a Dynacomp I got to demo during a class..We fired over 1000 rounds through the rifle in about 15-20 mins in full auto..

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 10:38:17 AM EST
I love mines. I have it installed correctly.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 11:00:14 AM EST
I like mine. It's not a jaw dropping recoil eliminator or flash hider, but it's not supposed to be. I can't compare it to other comps, as my last builds have all had flash hiders, but paired with my Spike's (Syrac Ordnance) adjustable gas and low mass carrier- It's awesome. Here's a pic on a 14.5 build:

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tct1000/ngun6.jpg

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 3:29:47 PM EST
I love mine.

Granted, I only have one on one AR, so maybe it could be a combination of things making it a soft shooter...........but it sure does shoot soft.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 3:33:19 PM EST
My Wife seems to really like hers and I will speak from my experience that it does shoot very soft...

I prefer the PWS SM556 brake for a similar shooting feel though. The PWS does have more side blast and sounds worse to people around you but it does seem to hide flash better.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 3:54:06 PM EST
I own two: a full size and a shorty. They're loud (as all comps are) but they work well for their intended purpose. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 4:15:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By RyanH:
I own two: a full size and a shorty. They're loud (as all comps are) but they work well for their intended purpose. Buy with confidence.

......but not as loud as most comps. I think that needs to be said, for people looking into buying a DynaComp.

Mine's not nearly as loud as the Miculek comp I had long ago.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 6:26:44 PM EST
Been wanting to try one. Feedback on them has been good. Inalled "correctly" I bet they perform well. From that vid looks like you could roast marshmallows over that baby too. lol!
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 6:38:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By PredatorWhacker:
Been wanting to try one. Feedback on them has been good. Inalled "correctly" I bet they perform well. From that vid looks like you could roast marshmallows over that baby too. lol!

It solves the problem with hunger at the range.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 7:21:29 PM EST
I'll say I do think they are a decent comp. I have a Spikes on a 14.5 upper. The comments about the flash are real however. I have run this rifle at a few local night matches and was initially surprised by the amount of flash. I have a different rifle that is using a Battlecomp that I have also run at night matches and it does not flash me. But it is on a 16" barrel, so I cannot say 100% if it is the difference of the length, or the comp.

The Spikes does not flash me on every shot, it is a pretty random thing. And I'm not trying to knock on them. I have alot of Spikes gear that I really like. But maybe something to keep in mind depending on what kind of shooting you plan to do.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 7:28:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By Powerslide91:
I'll say I do think they are a decent comp. I have a Spikes on a 14.5 upper. The comments about the flash are real however. I have run this rifle at a few local night matches and was initially surprised by the amount of flash. I have a different rifle that is using a Battlecomp that I have also run at night matches and it does not flash me. But it is on a 16" barrel, so I cannot say 100% if it is the difference of the length, or the comp.

The Spikes does not flash me on every shot, it is a pretty random thing. And I'm not trying to knock on them. I have alot of Spikes gear that I really like. But maybe something to keep in mind depending on what kind of shooting you plan to do.

Yep.

FWIW, the DynaComp has never been marketed as a flash hider, nor has Spikes claimed it had any flash hiding attributes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 7:44:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By tct1000:
I like mine. It's not a jaw dropping recoil eliminator or flash hider, but it's not supposed to be. I can't compare it to other comps, as my last builds have all had flash hiders, but paired with my Spike's (Syrac Ordnance) adjustable gas and low mass carrier- It's awesome. Here's a pic on a 14.5 build:

That's a nice looking stick, what handguards?
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 3:23:40 AM EST
Thank you. It's CMMG's Revolution Handguard. I like it a lot. It's very slim and very light weight do to it's modular rail design. I want the mid-lenght version to cover the gas block, but it's not out yet
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 3:36:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Originally Posted By RyanH:

......but not as loud as most comps. I think that needs to be said, for people looking into buying a DynaComp.

Mine's not nearly as loud as the Miculek comp I had long ago.

They're the only comps I've ever owned so I don't have much of a frame of reference.

My buddy runs a Surefire comp and it's loud as hell. I can't say for sure if it's louder or quieter than my Dynacomps though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 5:58:08 AM EST
Took mine out to shoot for the first time this weekend; installed on a 16" .308 AR.

Since I didn't have other muzzle breaks there with me to try out on the same rifle, it makes it a bit difficult to make any comparisons. However, it struck me as being a good compromise between recoil reduction and blast/noise.

It appeared to be very well made and nicely finished, also.

Like someone has already mentioned, large flashes occur seemingly at random. Ammo related? Dunno.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 10:28:36 AM EST
I can't compare mine to other breaks either but it wasn't as loud as I thought it was going to be compared to just having a flash hider. However, the ball of fire that came out of my barrel was a big surprise! And a welcome one at that since this is a day time shooter for me and it looked cool as crap. At least it impressed my 10 year old.

I'll add a question though (not hijack). Is there anything special that needs to be done to keep it clean? Do the holes get clogged up or should I just have to run a bore snake though it?
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 11:03:24 AM EST
I run the short Dynacomp and like it. It does reduce the recoil some,

Here is video of my shooting my upper on jestertoo's lower at itsaranchrifle's place.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 12:22:02 PM EST
Funny you ask. I just got an upper with one pinned to the barrel. I love it. If you have a standard a2 flash, you'll notice the difference right away.
Top Top