Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2012 2:24:59 PM EDT
What is the general consensus of  the POF Roller Cam Pins? Does it help? Has anyone had one fail or even know of one that has failed?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I only use them on my Osprey 416 equipped AR uppers..they make the same dent as a regualr cam pin and improve feel when you hand cycle it feels smoother but thats about it.I dont think they make it anymore reliable or dependable but in 7k rounds using it its fine no problems and no wear.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in my Stag M8.  It definitely feels smoother when hand cycling.  Other than that, I've had over 1000 rounds of Wolf & Brown Bear down the tube with no problems.  I cannot tell the difference between the two cam pins when shooting.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
i have one in two seperate rifles without issue so far...are they absolutely needed, no...but if you run a piston system i would recomend one...if a little extra cosmetic wear in your upper doesnt bother then you dont really need one. the theory was sound to me though so since i was building a custom rifle from scratch i figured it couldnt hurt, while i was at it i ordered one for the other piston rifle in the house. so far i have yet to hear or see anything negative about them. if you can afford to splurge a little extra cash on your rifle then why not?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top