Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2012 8:47:35 AM EDT
I should be able to use the same pin when re-installing the extractor correct?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Should I replace the spring behind the extractor pin?
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you having FTE problems? If so then a stronger spring will help.  Never wore out a extractor, but I only have maybe 10,000 on one rifle the rest much less.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you having FTE problems? If so then a stronger spring will help.  Never wore out a extractor, but I only have maybe 10,000 on one rifle the rest much less.

I am seeing signs of the extractor starting to fatigue, I just haven't gotten around to replacing/repairing it.  Excess of 10k rds through it.  I posted a thread 'Evidence of extractor failure" or something like that with pics of brass marking showing up forward of the ejection port.    I was just thinking I see people going for the BCM kit but nobody talks about the extractor pin spring.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not replace all 3 components, I mean a BCM spring and extra pin cant be more then $6
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am seeing signs of the extractor starting to fatigue, I just haven't gotten around to replacing/repairing it.  Excess of 10k rds through it.  I posted a thread 'Evidence of extractor failure" or something like that with pics of brass marking showing up forward of the ejection port.    I was just thinking I see people going for the BCM kit but nobody talks about the extractor pin spring.

Sounds like a good time to install BCM extractor upgrade. No need to replace pin unless yours is damaged.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a good time to install BCM extractor upgrade. No need to replace pin unless yours is damaged.

I wasn't talking about the pin but the spring behind it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks

That's weird. I could swear this is asking if you could use the pin again. The BCM extractor kit includes the spring, extractor, and a "pin" though. Even though you don't "need" to replace the pin, might as well, being kit comes with one. I think replacing the spring would be almost as valuable as the extractor.

Bolt upgrade.

Or you could go the cheap route and just find a extractor and spring. BCM doesn't offer that option however.

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there is no spring behind the extractor pin. there is the extractor spring.  are you thinking of the ejector spring?
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

That's weird. I could swear this is asking if you could use the pin again. The BCM extractor kit includes the spring, extractor, and a "pin" though. Even though you don't "need" to replace the pin, might as well, being kit comes with one. I think replacing the spring would be almost as valuable as the extractor.

Bolt upgrade.

Or you could go the cheap route and just find a extractor and spring. BCM doesn't offer that option however.

Sorry for the confusion, ejector spring is what I meant.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there is no spring behind the extractor pin. there is the extractor spring.  are you thinking of the ejector spring?

Yes, that must be it.  Sorry for the wrong terminology.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 2:59:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't see why not.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 4:48:00 AM EDT
[#13]
With that many rounds on it and you have it apart, go ahead and replace the spring.
I would also look over the ejector closely.
The pin should be ok.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 6:14:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good catch baxsom. I need to get me one of those decoder rings. lol!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top