Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:13:46 PM EDT
I am considering one of their rifle kits?  Has anyone used one of them lately?  If so what do you think of them?

thanks for the help
thumbs1
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered one.  I will be able to tell you Monday.  I work directly beside Del-ton and they make some decent stuff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered one on Thanksgiving black Friday sale and assembled it in January and could not be happier with the product and service. I ordered a 16" mid light weight AR Kit and love it. 500 rounds thru it and it works just fine.

Post 454 I like that Chevy big block
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
gtg. built a few of em, good shooters.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I want a 7.62x39 upper in the worst way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Del-Ton is GTG. Good people and good quality
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Black friday rifle kits are cheeeeap! I got a freefloat diamonf hg on mine m4 feedramps better trigger chrome linned 1/7 twist better FH etc built on a reciever for under 800$ to my door... Make sure to get the ar15.com discount too!
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Great news guys thanks

I am on the vertical learning curve here. LOL  I am completely new to this AR stuff but leaning fast.  Now the question is what lower?  I went to the Tactical Machining factory to day to get a stripped receiver.  I hear they make pretty good stuff.  Anyway I can't buy it from them because I am out of state.  I will have to wait till I get home to get a receiver.  Who makes a good lower, that won't break the bank, that fits well with the Del-Ton?

Did you guys use the rifle kit with Del-Ton lower parts?  Are they the way to go or should I get another trigger group?

What kind of a discount do I get from Del-Ton and how do I get it?

Thanks for the help guys

thumbs1
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Great news guys thanks

I am on the vertical learning curve here. LOL  I am completely new to this AR stuff but leaning fast.  Now the question is what lower?  I went to the Tactical Machining factory to day to get a stripped receiver.  I hear they make pretty good stuff.  Anyway I can't buy it from them because I am out of state.  I will have to wait till I get home to get a receiver.  Who makes a good lower, that won't break the bank, that fits well with the Del-Ton?

Did you guys use the rifle kit with Del-Ton lower parts?  Are they the way to go or should I get another trigger group?

Thanks for the help guys

thumbs1

You could always try to find a Spike's Tactical.  They're getting harder to find, but you could probably snag one for $80 - $100.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great news guys thanks

Thanks for the help guys

thumbs1

You could always try to find a Spike's Tactical.  They're getting harder to find, but you could probably snag one for $80 - $100.

I used an aero/surplus ammo arms lower for all three of mine. Fit tight and good finish match.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 4:07:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I own a lightweight 16" and couldnt be happier.  Fit and finish are perfect.  Around 2500 rounds (brass and steel) with not one problem.

A reply to the other questions...

1)  Lowers are lowers.  They are made by a few places and then everyone just puts their roll mark on and brands it.  Don't pay more than $99.  I think Spikes sells blemished lowers for $79 shipped.  Just find a FFL and you are set.

2)  The Del-Ton parts kit is standard.  You won't find any differences with other parts kits and its reasonably priced.  Just make sure everything is in stock.  They finished the shot show a few months ago and stay really busy after that.

3)  The upper and lower go together just fine.

4)  Go on the Industry partner forum here on AR15.com and check out the Del-Ton page.  You can read about the site discount and the bonus points.  Enjoy!

Link Posted: 3/2/2012 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Thanks for the info.  

Is the FCG good to go?  I mean if I am goin to build this thing if there is a better FCG that will really make a difference I guess now is the time.

Also how do you guys like the stock that comes with the kit?  Really not interested in spending more money but if I am goin to change stuff out later it may be cheaper to do it now.   I am kinda wanting to build the thing on a budget.

thanks agian guys

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I see they only give the discount for complete rifles not uppers or lowers alone. Not for the rifle kits.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I own a lightweight 16" and couldnt be happier.  Fit and finish are perfect.  Around 2500 rounds (brass and steel) with not one problem.

A reply to the other questions...

1)  Lowers are lowers.  They are made by a few places and then everyone just puts their roll mark on and brands it.  Don't pay more than $99.  I think Spikes sells blemished lowers for $79 shipped.  Just find a FFL and you are set.

2)  The Del-Ton parts kit is standard.  You won't find any differences with other parts kits and its reasonably priced.  Just make sure everything is in stock.  They finished the shot show a few months ago and stay really busy after that.

3)  The upper and lower go together just fine.

4)  Go on the Industry partner forum here on AR15.com and check out the Del-Ton page.  You can read about the site discount and the bonus points.  Enjoy!

Not exactly true. While there are only a few actual forging companies forging lower reciever blanks, there's about a zillion companies machining them. Machine work varies from all of them. Some good, some not so good. Some fit uppers better than others (loose vs. tight fit) magwells tight/loose etc. So far, I have found the AGP Arms lower to be one of the best.

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought one a year ago and shot about 1000 rounds out of it. Great gun and great price! I hope you enjoy it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#15]
they are gtg
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Love mine...it is my working/beat the crap out it/no fear training rifle.  No prob with it.  G2G for the price to features.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone had exp with Palmetto State Armory AR's?  I found the complete rifle for 669.  This includes a magazine and Magpul rear site.  To tell ya the truth I can't build one for that.  I put a parts list together and it was more money than the complete rifle.

How is their quality and service?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Has anyone had exp with Palmetto State Armory AR's?  I found the complete rifle for 669.  This includes a magazine and Magpul rear site.  To tell ya the truth I can't build one for that.  I put a parts list together and it was more money than the complete rifle.

How is their quality and service?

thanks

PSA is GTG
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Great news guys thanks

Thanks for the help guys

thumbs1

My gun show has del-ton lowers for 79 plus tax and the fit and finish is amazing. But you may not have a "Del-Ton guy" at your gun show.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone had exp with a distributor called Cold Hands Arms out of Oklahoma City Oklahoma?

Also what is the difference between a chrome barrel and a chrome moly barrel?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Had a couple, loved em, great CS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top