Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2012 6:50:16 PM EDT
While waiting on my form 1 to be approved to build a sbr I figured I would go ahead and  build the upper and lower. I was thinking about a spikes upper but they are sold out and no one knows when more will be available. So then I clicked over to BCM and most of the uppers there are sold out as well.
I have found some PSA,  aero precision and DSA uppers available. The aero etc are a good bit cheaper than the Spikes and BCM which makes me question the quality.

The plan is a noveske 8 inch 300 blackout barell for the SBR.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes gtg, aero is one of the few who make lowers and uppers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The aero etc are a good bit cheaper than the Spikes and BCM which makes me question the quality.

And that's why this question comes up almost once a day here.
Get an Aero upper and lower and they will fit tightly and the color will match.
They are GTG.....USGI and Magpul mags fall free from mine.
My DD LPK fiit like a glove.

Now if they would only raise their prices.....

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Questioning quality based on price and availablility is lazyness. little research shows who they acually make recievers for as well as thier reputation. They don't have the "coolest" roll mark. but the fit and finish is top notch IMHO to any other maker out there. and they have the machines and ability to pump out rediculous amounts of recievers keeping them allways in stock. Lots of good makers and companies in this market. just do a little research before assuming quality based on availability. so in my opinion, yes G2G. and good luck on your build.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They don't have the "coolest" roll mark.

IMHO, the roll mark is professional looking.
It's added value for me.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
That 8" barrel would look great with a carbine length Aero Precision C.O.P. monolithic upper. Just a suggestion....
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a fan as well, thats why it was in quotations . to many people around here follow logos more than quality

And 2nd's on the cop. an 8'' would sit really nice on a 7'' COP upper. seen someone run a 9'' on the middy. same deal. looks super nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm a fan as well, thats why it was in quotations . to many people around here follow logos more than quality

And 2nd's on the cop. an 8'' would sit really nice on a 7'' COP upper. seen someone run a 9'' on the middy. same deal. looks super nice.

I built the wife a 10.5" Noveke barreled middy COP.... pure sex. I'm staring at it right now. I wish they would make an 11-11 1/2" version.... that would be great with a 12.5" barrel.

Link Posted: 2/19/2012 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I built the wife a 10.5" Noveke barreled middy COP.... pure sex. I'm staring at it right now. I wish they would make an 11-11 1/2" version.... that would be great with a 12.5" barrel.

I have a 12.5" Noveske barrel w/Switchblock on my SBR that will eventually be suppressed. I went with the carbine C.O.P. so I could easily reach the Switchblock.

It's bad A if you ask me. I've changed rail configurations about 6 times now. Couldnt do that with most rail systems.
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't beat the modular capabilities of it, especially when they give you all the other rails with it. no spending extra cash to change the setup.

Now I want to see some pix of that 10.5 middy you built!

And I have been pushing a rifle or mid/rifle length for awhile, That would be tits
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top