Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2012 11:56:19 AM EDT
Hi, just wondering if anybody has any experience or knowledge about Aeroprecision complete rifles?  I've seen their lowers around and have heard good things but haven't heard anything about their uppers.  I cruised their website but the specs on some of their stuff was vague. There is a shop in town selling comoplete AP rifles for $610.

Who has any experience with their stuff? Are they quality?
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
If they are local, go check them out.  Ask about the barrel (ie who makes them, what twist what grade steel, chrome lining, ect) and then check the Bolt Carrier Group to see if it's staked, FA or Semi auto carrier, and if the bolt is MPI tested.

A couple of years ago, expecting these kinds of quality in a $600 rifle would have been ridiculous, but these days those details are not out of line at all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Tacoma, huh. Boy that's close to Tumwater.

Everything I've heard about Aero's stuff is that it's good to go.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If they are local, go check them out.  Ask about the barrel (ie who makes them, what twist what grade steel, chrome lining, ect) and then check the Bolt Carrier Group to see if it's staked, FA or Semi auto carrier, and if the bolt is MPI tested.

A couple of years ago, expecting these kinds of quality in a $600 rifle would have been ridiculous, but these days those details are not out of line at all.

Ya, I checked their specs out on line.  The barrel is 4140 steel, but it is chrome lined.  Their BCG's don't say what steel or any testing methods.  The company isn't local, just the shop that sells them. Maybe I should go fondle it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hi, just wondering if anybody has any experience or knowledge about Aeroprecision complete rifles?

Aero Precision does not market complete rifles.
Just uppers and lowers and they are good to go.

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi, just wondering if anybody has any experience or knowledge about Aeroprecision complete rifles?

Well, they market complete uppers and complete lowers, so I just thought if you snapped them together.........???
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, they market complete uppers and complete lowers, so I just thought if you snapped them together.........???

Do it 51 times and you need a Type 7 FFL.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dood, you must be looking at SAA prepped uppers and lowers that use AP receivers.
If not, how about a link???

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dood, you must be looking at SAA prepped uppers and lowers that use AP receivers.

Looks like you are right.  They are Aero Precision upper and lower recievers with other manufacturers parts put together by SAA.

Anybody have any experience with these rifles?
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like you are right.  They are Aero Precision upper and lower recievers with other manufacturers parts put together by SAA.

Anybody have any experience with these rifles?

No prob. This has question has come up before.

I have an AP upper and lower and can tell you that they are superb parts in both fit and finish.
SAA's assemblies will be as good as the sum of the parts that they are using.
Example....
They had been using DPMS LPK's so your chances of getting a gritty trigger go up if they're still using these.
Glad to see that they're moving away from the Tapco furniture.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top