Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:12:02 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me anything about a company called RGuns located in Carpentersville, Illinois?  They are not listed in the " industry" forum here. They have a good variety and reasonable prices. Just not sure about the quality of their product without any info on them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Me and a buddy got screwed by them, after many good transactions.  I won't even buy R guns branded parts sold by AIM surplus.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
i had one very minor interaction with them.
i bought one of their  stainless  LPK's from a 3rd party and the "j" pin fell out of the hammer.
i contacted R Guns and they sent me a new hammer promptly  and free.
then the j pin fell out of the new one, so...
the will was there,but the flesh was weak.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
From the penguin, that sums it up back then.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The thing that sticks out in my mind about them was a calendar I saw of theirs once with naked broads in it........hideous naked broads.
It was hilarious!  
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They were on here years ago and their customer service was pretty atrocious. They got kicked off. The guy who claimed to be the owner is a felon.

there is no way that can be true.  He wouldn't be allowed to own a gun let alone have a manufacturers ffl.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They were on here years ago and their customer service was pretty atrocious. They got kicked off. The guy who claimed to be the owner is a felon.

there is no way that can be true.  He wouldn't be allowed to own a gun let alone have a manufacturers ffl.

New guy...helpful hint...if you see a guy with a penguin in his avatar and the wording 'Aimless'....I wouldn't poke him with a stick.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]
He could be operating under someone else's manufacturer's license. You can be a felon and run a business...
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#9]
They're also retarded.  From their website:

"DEFECTIVE AMMUNITION WARNING

It has come to our attention that the Federal/Lake City (LC) XM193 ammunition currently available on the commercial market is displaying severe quality control issues. There have been numerous cases of overpressure and primer issues. The overpressure is severe enough to cause gas ring blow outs and extraction difficulties. Primers have been reported to fall out and jam lower receiver components.

Please note that the RGUNS warranty does not cover damage to the firearm due to the use of defective ammunition. "
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me and a buddy got screwed by them, after many good transactions.  I won't even buy R guns branded parts sold by AIM surplus.

Glad I found this out now I figured since aim was selling it, it would be a good product. I was just getting ready to make a order for one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Bought a cheap 16" upper from them before joining ARFCOM.  It was shipped fast, and it was good for my budget build. I only took it to the range once and it operated ok. Sold the gun a short time later.  Guess I got lucky with their service and product?
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 2:31:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Back around '99, 2000, or 2001, they stirred up a huge stink when they put out a customer's name & address for all the world to see on one of the boards when the customer/board member posted with a complaint. Can't recall if it was here, the FalFiles, or AK-47.net... But I do recall I've had no interest in doing business with them since then.

ETA: It was early 2001 on FalFiles, but the original thread is long gone.

http://TheFiringLine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57002
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=2869
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=2873
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6204

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

New guy...helpful hint...if you see a guy with a penguin in his avatar and the wording 'Aimless'....I wouldn't poke him with a stick.

This I heard Aimless banned a guy once just for snoring to loud.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The thing that sticks out in my mind about them was a calendar I saw of theirs once with naked broads in it........hideous naked broads.
It was hilarious!  

Please tell me a link exists for this, curiosity is killing me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Purchased a couple Krebs AKs from them, transaction was smooth although the guy on the phone seemed like I was bothering him.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed (even though he is an upstater )
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Wish I've read this before I bought one of their BCG's.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#19]
A few years ago I went in there to get some mags for a HK USP.  Guy would only sell me 10 rounders.  'No hi-caps without department letterhead.' I laughed thinking he was joking. Nope.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably in his wife's name or something. There were newspaper clippings, I think he even admitted it and bragged about going shooting with the local cops anyway.  

This^ or he petitioned ISP to get his firearms rights reinstated. A high school buddy was successful 10 years after he DUI'ed into a tree.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was hilarious!  

Please tell me a link exists for this, curiosity is killing me.

Remember what it did to the cat

I think the calendar I saw was 2005....I will say the more recent calendars look like they improved a bit.
http://www.rguns.net/calendar.shtml#2003
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#21]
3 transactions,  2 without problem.... Ordered an assembled upper, they shipped a stripped upper, after which they shipped the parts required to finish upper build. No fuss to speak of, other than time wasted waiting on parts to complete my build....... YMMV
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Purchased a couple Krebs AKs from them, transaction was smooth although the guy on the phone seemed like I was bothering him.

this about sums it up. years back 7-8 I'd bought 4 or so of the cheapo low pro bull uppers from them. about 3-4 days and they'd show up.

I NEVER CALLED askin about orders as I heard you went to the bottom of the shippin list
if u bothered them.. All went well enough.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Most of the guys that work in the storefront are nice guys and helpful.  If you know what you want, order up.  You'll get what you ordered.  If you want a feel good attitude and a smiling face, shop elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I think I'll pass on Rguns. Too many "issues". I'll just have to wait till Palmetto finally gets their stuff back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
The calader is not to bad i received one this year for christmas, just look for the bullet that miss january is hiding she found a tricky spot
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#26]

on the left... totally looks like a trap to me.

I won't buy their products just because of the ugly chicks
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#27]
run
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I had a horrible experience with them, tried to buy some Bulgarian AK mags. They charged my card and I never received an email from that point on. I waited about two weeks to contact them. They stated that the mags were out of stock and would be shipping in a week. Two more weeks go buy and nothing. I found them else where at the same price and tried to get a refund. One week later still no refund. At that point I contacted Visa and explained to them what happened they did a charge back from R guns. The next day I get a nasty email from R Guns stating that they would no longer take an order from me and that I created problems. Terrible company I will never even consider doing business with them again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#29]
All my business with them has been in person, so no issues.  

They will not help you load a pallet of 5.45 though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
All my business with them has been in person, so no issues.  

They will not help you load a pallet of 5.45 though.

But will they sell you stripper lowers...?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top