Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:23:10 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster XM15-E2S and would like to eliminate the front sight and add a set of extended rails. This gun has the fixed flash hider, I'm not sure if that effects my choices or not. I would simply like to shave off the sight portion of the original gas block. Does anyone make a rail system that fits the bill and that I could install myself? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Would this work?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defense-Omega-Rail-Mide-Length-Free-Float-p/dd%2010002.htm
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Is your flash hider pinned?

If your rifle has a delta ring and the standard barrel nut, then yes the Omega will work.  You just have to cut the sight tower and remove the handguard cap (harder to do if your flash hider is pinned) if the rail is longer than it.  You could even use the rifle length if you want even more rail space.

You could also look at the Troy TRX ALPHA rail, Samson Evo and Rainier Arms, Centurion Arms C4 rails, they use the standard barrel nut, but you would have to cut off the delta ring..
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the flash hider is pinned. I believe the barrel is 11.5 inches long while the flash hider is 5.5 inches long. How much accuracy / velocity am I losing with that barrel over a standard 16 inch barrel?

I'm wondering if I should just buy a new barreled upper that already has rails / BUIS etc. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top