Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2012 6:00:40 AM EDT
I was looking at a redjacket KMP-MkII Monolithic Milled piston drive AR.  I was wanting to get your input on this gun
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#1]
*grabs popcorn*

Personally I live in BR and been knowing them for awhile. They make quality guns and stand behind them. That is what matters not a stupid TV show. You will not find a lot of fans on here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:07:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's see, for $2,200 you get an AR with plastic sights.  

Why in the world would you buy this?  There are a million better options out there.  No seriously, what about this rifle do you like that justifies a $2,200 price tag?
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted: No seriously, what about this rifle do you like that justifies a $2,200 price tag?

It was made by men with dramatic problems on basic cable.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
at the price of $2,285.00 I would pass.

get a LaRue OBR lite in 5.56 or Knights Armament SR15 or LMT CQB MRP for less than that RJ price and get a much better rifle.

you won't find much love for RJ here. But all things else aside, that price is

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Way over priced for what you get. If you want a piston AR there are lots of uppers with Adams Arms kits or build your own. Plus it comes with thier proprietary suppressor mount flash hider. If you want to run a QD can, YHM and AAC both make them and you can find those cans and mounts for much less than RJF at many more vendors.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
IBTL

Look at Mega's mono upper, Adams Arms piston system, magpul stock, and a billet lower.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
*grabs popcorn*

Personally I live in BR and been knowing them for awhile. They make quality guns and stand behind them. That is what matters not a stupid TV show. You will not find a lot of fans on here.

I literally laughed out loud.

This should be good....only question I have is how long before this devolves into pictures of the owner with "Game Changer" comments and insults about the daughter's teeth.

Haters gotta hate...
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#8]
It's slapped together using other companies parts by human resembeling primates. Skip the middle guy and buy the parts and assembly it yourself. Use the extra $500 for pratice ammo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#9]
you would think they're the inventors of the piston run AR by the way they acted in their last few episodes.  It took them weeks to install what appears to be an Adam Arms system, and they still kept fucking it up.  doesn't inspire me to consider them "quality".
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why in the world would you buy this?  There are a million better options out there.  No seriously, what about this rifle do you like that justifies a $2,200 price tag?

Instead of treating the OP like an idiot for asking an honest question, why don't you list one of the "million better options"?

In all my years I have never seen people act like this in a gun shop...hiding behind a keyboard sure seems to bring it out, though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#11]
For that price you can get a sr-15 which is way more rifle

Oh and

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:23:48 AM EDT
[#12]
To the OP...

There are probably better optons out there for the money, but you'll never get anything resembling an objective discussion here.  A lot of guys here hate Red Jacket for a lot of different reasons, most of them having to do with what they see on TV, so they will come up with any and every bullshit excuse they can possibly find for not liking that gun.

This thread will undoubtedly turn into a "Red Jacket Roast" and will probably end up being locked by the moderators sooner than later.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:27:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instead of treating the OP like an idiot for asking an honest question, why don't you list one of the "million better options"?

In all my years I have never seen people act like this in a gun shop...hiding behind a keyboard sure seems to bring it out, though.

It would be easier for me to list the worse options...that would be a short list.  But to appease you, the FN Scar Mk16 at $2k would be a FAR better option.

My intent was not to treat the Op like an idiot...However, if you feel I am hiding behind my keyboard, my home address is:
Bruce Camp
421 Caloway Dr
Palmer TX 75152
Let me know anytime you want to stop by and we can discuss this thread FTF if you wish.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#14]
1st post....

Either you are trolling or this will be your 1st AR.

There really are much better options than the overprived RJ gun.

Before you plunk down that much green, read through this site. It WILL take you days.
My 1st was an RRA offering configured how I wanted it. Still shoot that gun more than any other.
Building one really is easy but may be intimidating for a rookie.  My advice is to get a factory made one to
learn how to use (shoot, clean, disassemble, build on, etc...).

You will learn from this site who makes high quality, medium quality and low quality stuff.

I generally am the go to guy in my friends circle that is the "gun guy", and have done lots of builds for my friends.
Everything from Stag/Bushy to Noveske's - and I am by no means a gunsmith.
 You can get ALOT of gun for 2,200 bucks - especially if you build one..
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be easier for me to list the worse options...that would be a short list.  But to appease you, the FN Scar Mk16 at $2k would be a FAR better option.

My intent was not to treat the Op like an idiot...However, if you feel I am hiding behind my keyboard, my home address is:
Bruce Camp
421 Caloway Dr
Palmer TX 75152
Let me know anytime you want to stop by and we can discuss this thread FTF if you wish.

As you can clearly see, I'm a good 12 hours away, so giving me your home address doesn't make your balls look any bigger from where I'm standing.  Just makes your better judgement look questionable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Smells like troll. Either way - it's already so far off the reservation that I'm locking the thread now before accounts get locked.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top